Default No tipping policy

I understand the no tipping policy at couples. we will be going to CSA for the first Couples experience soon, and i have read to bring Hersheys chocolate for the employees. Is that a norm? Is there something else to bring to "share"?

Also, I have heard about school supplies being needed. Has anyone had any experience with this? Is there a place or person to contact to help out with this?

Any help???

Gifts for staff or donations for local schools are definitely NOT expected and is not the norm. However, particularly for us repeaters who have gotten to know staff over the years, we bring small gifts for housekeeping (like the chocolates or bath products). We also bring donations for local school children. If you choose to do either, that's great. But please know it is not expected.

Happy to share more info if you need it - amy.welch@hotmail.com
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

I brought a bunch of school supplys and would leave some out for the cleaning staff, I also took a few big bags of the snack size M&M's as they dont melt and handed them out to bartenders, ent. staff, mini bar restock, and wait staff and all seemed to appreciate it.

Just remember to include a signed note that includes your room number with your gift made out to the employee. This way they can take it off property without a problem. We have done chocolates, wrapped non chocolate candy for their kids (like for Halloween) that does not melt, and school supplies.

Many of my friends tip the wait staff and housekeeping. It is not supposed to happen, but I know it does happen, usually $20 to waitstaff and $5 per day to HK. With that, it is not expected or allowed by the rules and could get someone fired.

Providing tips to employees can get them fired so please remember that! I was told by employees that if they do receive tips most turn them over to management apparently it's policy. I did witness people tipping and you could tell the waitstaff was uncomfortable. So please remember this, you don't want them to lose their jobs.

We bring gifts for staff (bath products, toys, school supplies, books, quality handmade jewelry, gloves for gardeners, hats, kids t shirts, sunglasses, chocolate, hair ties, tea, hand cream, children's Tylenol, extra strength Tylenol, ibuprofen, etc). Always include a note stating the items and that they are gifts, your name, room number, and an explanation of why you're giving the gft (good service) they need this to clear security and I have been told that the notes are seen by management to acknowledge the employees good work.

You can tip the red caps (expected $1 per bag), your drivers, spa employees, and the guys on the cat cruise.

Chrisnsue, you might want to say something to your friends before someone does get fired!

We put Dove chocolates out for housekeeping and turndown service. We just left them on the minibar with a note of thanks. Sometimes they took them, and sometimes they didn't. It's by no means expected, but we like to show our gratitude. Not sure if the chocolates played a part or not, but we came back to rose petals all over our bed one night unexpectedly. It was very romantic, and I like to think the chocolates played a part

Default Why would you want to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    Chrisnsue, you might want to say something to your friends before someone does get fired!
    Totally agree and it's beyond me to understand why people would choose to put an employee in such a position - who is it supposed to make feel better, the employee or the person doing the tipping? We saw it last night in The Verandah here at CTI. The couple left $2. Wait staff were avoiding the table when the couple left - nobody wanted to be the one to pick up the money. I personally think it's really arrogant of people to ignore the clearly stated rules and put the employees who work so hard to keep everyone happy at such risk.

jdan, who is Rose Petals? Think I'll be bringing some chocolate!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BarDar View Post
    jdan, who is Rose Petals? Think I'll be bringing some chocolate!!!
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015