Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Couples With Family

Husband and I are considering travelling to CSS - would like to travel with my sisters. Would they feel left out or uncomfortable travelling as roomies in a Couples Resort?

I think you're sort of missing the point of Couples Resorts. As much as I know my adult, unmarried kids would love the resort, I wouldn't bring them along out of respect of what the brand stands for and for the other guests who expect that everyone there is a couple. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossy View Post
    Husband and I are considering travelling to CSS - would like to travel with my sisters. Would they feel left out or uncomfortable travelling as roomies in a Couples Resort?
    In one word.....YES. Couples is a COUPLES resort.

The answers for this are going to be interesting....

I don't think they will be very comfortable being the only two people there who are not a couple. I also don't think many will give you a positive answer. CSS has a certain ambiance to it because it is couples only. Many of us go there because it is couples only. It a place for my wife and I to spend quality time together, just us. No kids, no family, no singles. (hence the name "Couples")
    There are many great vacation spots for family and friends to enjoy. I'd say keep CSS as special place for you and your hubby to enjoy on your own. It has to be the most romantic place on earth. You certainly will love it there.... as a couple.

Like I posted on the previous thread about this, for my wedding at CSA in 2004, my 2 (soon to be at that time) brother in laws wanted to come. And Couples let them stay in a room together. I think their room actually had 2 double beds in it. So at some point, that was an option. I think if it weren't for my wedding, they may not have let them do that. Don't know for sure. They obviously were not a couple but they also weren't there trolling for chicks either. They were there to enjoy my and their brothers special day. I think in circumstances like that, it shouldn't be an issue. But for just a regular vacation? I agree, there are other places they could go. But honestly, I don't mind. As long as they are respectful, etc.
    Last edited by lsm1212; February 19th, 2013 at 09:19 AM.

Absolutely no family members tagging along. Couples is a "couples only" resort. Go as a couple and enjoy an amazing time. Save the family trip for another time or another place.

Sorry Bossy - I just saw Sisters instead of Kids, but the same sentiment applies. I'll save you the capital letters.

If you can find dates for your sisters then I would say YES! Otherwise they will probably not enjoy themselves. Other adult resorts may be more appropriate but not the Couples chain.

I hope you enjoy your trip!

Chris.

We were at CTI at Christmas and there was a couple there who brought their 2 adult children. While the "kids" seemed to have an ok time, it irritated me to no end whenever I saw them. It's a couples resort, simple as that. There are plenty of other resorts on the island to try if you want to go with your sisters.

Isn't the name a bit of a giveaway?
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Isn't the name a bit of a giveaway?
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Not as long as each of your sisters brought the other half of their couple....

Bossy - are you unable to read? Please take a look at the Couples website - there's no mention of "hey, we're bringing our daughters on a romantic getaway." I suspect you're just a troll looking to rile up people on this MB. Either that or just uneducated - I won't say what I'm really thinking. READ THE WEBSITE....THIS IS NOT A PLACE FOR FAMILIES!!!! IT'S CALLED COUPLES FOR A REASON!! GET IT??

Sorry couples is for Couples. There are plenty of family Resorts in Jamaica.

"Couples" is for Couples!
    Dianavr

It's not FAMILIES, it's COUPLES

Would you bring your cats to a resort that expressed catered to dogs and had a no cat policy????

Quote Originally Posted by usmc7236 View Post
    Would you bring your cats to a resort that expressed catered to dogs and had a no cat policy????
    That is a good way of putting it. I hardly want to be around single teens on my vacation.

It's called "COUPLES" & meant for a romantic getaway for COUPLES ONLY ...... Singles aren't allowed unless they are members of a wedding party. You need to check out a resort for adults only or families if you want to bring your sisters with you.
    Julie

I think if I saw two people of the same gender sharing a room at a Couple's resort, my first thought would NOT be to think they were siblings. I've never seen anything that indicates Couple's is limited to opposite sex couples....

Doug, thats one way to circumvent the rules I agree. But whu would you want to sneak your sisters into a Couples vacation with you and your mate?

I know for a fact when we traveled in April of 2012 that a Couple also brought their 2 daughters. They went many places and ate dinner together as a family. Did it bother me? NO! If I have the chance I would bring my Son & Daughter to experience the fun my wife & I had. Now the wife feels different about it and says the kids really wouldn't have fun as they wouldn't have anyone to mingle with their age. I just know it never bothered me to see the family together, but the girls did look disinterested at times while playing with their phones.

Quote Originally Posted by June670 View Post
    I know for a fact when we traveled in April of 2012 that a Couple also brought their 2 daughters. They went many places and ate dinner together as a family. Did it bother me? NO! If I have the chance I would bring my Son & Daughter to experience the fun my wife & I had. Now the wife feels different about it and says the kids really wouldn't have fun as they wouldn't have anyone to mingle with their age. I just know it never bothered me to see the family together, but the girls did look disinterested at times while playing with their phones.
    What is wrong with people that cannot get the concept of a "couples" resort? There are HUNDREDS of family resorts in Jamaica (one right next door to Couples Negril) why would you want to bring your family to a resort designed for and RESTRICTED to couples.
    I never can understand why people think the rules don't apply to them. If I ever see a family at Couples Resorts that is not challenged by the staff, it will be the last time I go to a Couples Resort.

P.S...we traveled with our kids extensively starting when the youngest was 6 months old BUT we went to appropriate hotels.
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    What is wrong with people that cannot get the concept of a "couples" resort? There are HUNDREDS of family resorts in Jamaica (one right next door to Couples Negril) why would you want to bring your family to a resort designed for and RESTRICTED to couples.
    I never can understand why people think the rules don't apply to them. If I ever see a family at Couples Resorts that is not challenged by the staff, it will be the last time I go to a Couples Resort.

P.S...we traveled with our kids extensively starting when the youngest was 6 months old BUT we went to appropriate hotels.

Jim, I can understand your problem with KIDS and I would also have the same problem with kids. I would consider 18 and above to be young adults and to act like such. Lord knows I've seen 30, 40 and 50 year olds act worse. I also left out that a "family" from England was also there at the time of our vacation and they were celebrating their (daughters) Birthday?? I could have cared less, as I was only concerned with my trip, my wife and making our trip the time of our lives. CN along with my wife and I made our trip OUTSTANDING!! How boring it would've been to go to Couples with my wife and try to scope out other Couples that were also there as a family? I'm sure on average more wedding parties would be a distraction as opposed to a family bringing 2 college kids along or sisters as the original poster implied. I respect your opinion and I have my own.....By the way, I love Couples resorts as they're unmatched in value, inclusions and staff.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast