Default Free calling/skyping home

We are going back to CSA in 2014. This time we will be leaving a 2 year old at home. My wife wants to be able to Skype/Facetime with him on our iPad while there. How can she do this for free? I know it's free over wifi at home but didn't know how that worked while there.
    "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain" - Bob Marley

Love your video of CSA on Youtube.

Skype works the same in Jamaica as in the States, just get the wifi password when you check in. I was able to Skype my kids from the beach and the room.

Love your video of CSA on Youtube.

Skype works the same in Jamaica as in the States, just get the wifi password when you check in. I was able to Skype my kids from the beach and the room.

it works fine and theres no extra cost
    you'll get the wifi code when you check in

Ask for your logon id and passord to access the free wifi at the resort. Quality may vary from room to room but you should be able to use it in most places. I have always had wifi in my rooms and on the beach. I never used Skype there but always check emails and search the web whenever I want to. Not sure how fast the connection is there.

Does anyone know if facetime on Iphone or Ipad work the same as skype. Does it work off of wifi?

I have used my iPad there before for Internet. I just didn't know how FaceTime or Skype worked as far as cost goes. Do you need to purchase minutes or is it free?

Skype is free... they do have plans you can buy with Skype but the free stuff worked just fine for checking in and my kids enjoyed seeing the beach.

Face time is free. I use it all the time when traveling for work. The catch is you have to have apple devices on both ends. You can't face time with an apple device on one end and an Android or Windows PC on the other. As long as you're working off two apple devices you're set for all the free "face time" you want! Just need wifi!
    Susan & Chris
    CTI 2003, 2004
    CSS 2008, 2013!

You need to set up a skype account on line and purchase some time, very inexpensive. I tried skype with my new iPhone last summer at CSA and was not impressed with the quality of the calls I made. Kept dropping out and fading on me. Perhaps it was the wifi connection or the strength of the wifi signal in our room. We were in an Atrium room near the middle of the property and I had to go out on the verandah to find a spot where I could even make a call. I was not satisfied with it at all. I wound up buying a JusTalk card at the gift shop and using the phone in our room for the rest of the week. Others have said they had no problems at all, your mileage may vary.

We all know how FaceTime works. In America it's fine. But is it still free to use over wifi in Jamaica? What do Skype minute get you if wifi is free?