Default First Time to Couples Negril any Advice

Me and My fiance are going to Couples Negril in June 2013 for our honeymoon. It will be our first time in Jamaica as well as at Couples. Any advice? What to do what not to do and such.

Thanks

Read the FAQs on this web site. You'll find lots of helpful information about what to pack, what to expect when you arrive, etc.

Plan to take the resort tour. It's offered daily at 10 a.m. and at 2:00 or 3:00 p.m. (I think it's 2, but I'm not certain). It will acquaint you with the resort and introduce you to other newly-arrived guests.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Read the message board for tips and advice from others who've been there before.

Cheers

You will love it! Bring your camera and don't be afraid to ask anyone to take a picture of you and your wife. Pictures together are better. Go to the beach and grab a couple chairs and a little table. Someone will bring you a flag to order drinks from your chairs. If you want to go on the Cat Cruse or the glass bottom boat or other excurtions you need to get those set up right away or at least find out what days they are available. Any Spa treatments need to be set up also. Some things are setup at a table in the lobby and some things are set at the watersports building. Don't be afraid to ask because everyone is there to make your trip the best trip ever.We'll be at CSA this year because my son is getting married there.

Quote Originally Posted by bradakers View Post
    Me and My fiance are going to Couples Negril in June 2013 for our honeymoon. It will be our first time in Jamaica as well as at Couples. Any advice? What to do what not to do and such.

Thanks
    First of all Congratulations! You picked a beautiful resort and place for your honeymoon. Don't expect "ritzy rooms" they look as they appear online, no marble etc, but Couples is knows for "casual elegance" their inclusions, their other ammenities and service.

Do take advantage of the many inclusions suchs as the watersports, and cat cruise etc. Make sure to have dinner at Otaheite! A trip to Rick's Cafe for the Cliffdivers is a great experience at least once. An excursion to either the Pelican Bar or one of the Falls is incredible as well. (Mayfield and YS are the closest to Negril).

Slow down and relax after the stress of wedding planning. You are in JA, no hurries and no worries mon.

Again Congratulations and enjoy your trip!

Look at the "I wish I would have thought of that" Thread (see link). Then consider packing only 1/2 to 3/4 of what you think you might need. On our first trip, I know that 1/2 of my cloths were not needed and my better half had at least 1/4 of what she took that never saw the resort.

http://couples.com/mb/couples-main-m...ht-thread-354/

Visit the AN Beach on your first day - at least once!! For more info take a look at the AN section of the message board!!

Quote Originally Posted by kurt and Angie View Post
    Look at the "I wish I would have thought of that" Thread (see link). Then consider packing only 1/2 to 3/4 of what you think you might need. On our first trip, I know that 1/2 of my cloths were not needed and my better half had at least 1/4 of what she took that never saw the resort.

http://couples.com/mb/couples-main-m...ht-thread-354/
    Wow this was great reading, thanks for sharing!

Don't plan on doing anything. When you get there every day will bring something to mind to do. Just relax and enjoy. Irie Mon
    Last edited by caribbeanlovers; February 22nd, 2013 at 06:35 PM.

Agree re packing less. Most folks spend most of their days in their bathing suits. Thus, unless you plan to do a lot of off-site tours, you really won't wear shorts and T-shirts all that much. Evenings you can dress up or dress down. If you want to bring a different outfit for each night, go for it. But you don't need to do so. We do a carry-on for 9 nights and always end up not wearing everything we brought. Then again, we do wear the same clothes more than one day.

Finally, CN has a laundry service and the rates are OK. So, pack light and, if you run out of clean clothes you can get them cleaned.

I have heard a lot of people mention jet skis. From my understanding these are not included. How much are these and also is there any parasailing you can go do for extra as well.

Bradakers, I will bump an old post I made titled CN Beach Walk for Nature Lovers so you can check it out.