Hybrid View

Default Rum Cream at the Airport

Ever since there has only been the one liquor store open at the airport, we have not been able to buy rum cream when departing (Saturday afternoon) because it's been sold out.

Has a second liquor store opened yet in the airport? Has anyone recently experienced a lack of rum cream on a Saturday departure?

Quote Originally Posted by TravelBug View Post
    Ever since there has only been the one liquor store open at the airport, we have not been able to buy rum cream when departing (Saturday afternoon) because it's been sold out.

Has a second liquor store opened yet in the airport? Has anyone recently experienced a lack of rum cream on a Saturday departure?

Just left this past Saturday and it looks like they added a second liquor store just before Margaritaville. ....and they had plenty of rum cream.

I will be using some resort credits and buying some at csa just in case.

Recently returned from CSA and we used our Resort credits to purchase our rum cream. We were able to get Sangsters in the gift shop. We only went into the new liquor store in the Airport and I didn't see any Sangsters. Have to admit I wasn't really looking hard as we used resort credits for all of our liquor purchases. The new liquor store is very nice looking though!

Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    I will be using some resort credits and buying some at csa just in case.
    Be prepared, it is like $37 for a 750ml at the resort, at the airport the 1L bottles were $16.

No need to worry, I believe there are two liquor stores. There was no shortage of rum cream when we were there even after I loaded up. Appleton VX is also good and cheap in the airport. My rum cream binge allowed me to spend some quality time with the customs agents in Toronto and they nearly made us miss our flight. Just an FYI they aren't honest with how much you can bring back (I knew this but couldn't convince my all too trusting husband), but I thought they would just charge us for the extra bottle I didn't expect to be hauled through secondary customs for 2.5 hours (we only had 2 hrs between flight but thankfully our flight was delayed). It was nearly the most expensive bottle of run ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
    No need to worry, I believe there are two liquor stores. There was no shortage of rum cream when we were there even after I loaded up. Appleton VX is also good and cheap in the airport. My rum cream binge allowed me to spend some quality time with the customs agents in Toronto and they nearly made us miss our flight. Just an FYI they aren't honest with how much you can bring back (I knew this but couldn't convince my all too trusting husband), but I thought they would just charge us for the extra bottle I didn't expect to be hauled through secondary customs for 2.5 hours (we only had 2 hrs between flight but thankfully our flight was delayed). It was nearly the most expensive bottle of run ever!
    How much are we allowed to bring back? Declared three last time with no problem.
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!

Quote Originally Posted by mark527 View Post
    How much are we allowed to bring back? Declared three last time with no problem.
    From Jamaica the rule is two 1-liter bottles of alcohol per person - at least one of which must be Jamaica sourced.
    CSS - March, 2012
    CTI - March, 2013, 2014, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
    I did not think Rum Cream even counted. I usually bring back 4 1L bottles and there has never been a question. But that is into the US. I know you can only bring back so much rum but rum cream is not treated the same since the alcohol content is so low.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelBug View Post

I was unhappy that I had to settle for Wray and Nephew instead of sangsters. I asked and it was not for sale anywhere in the airport anymore. This was in December.

The W&N stuff is good, but it is not sangsters.

There are two liquor stores at the airport. you can always pick up rum cream at the resort.

We had the same experience in Boston. We bought someone cigarettes and when we asked if we could bring that much back they said "ya mon". Well they sent us to secondary to pay a fine. I said to the customs agent "they said we were allowed x amount" the agent said if he had a nickel for every time they heard that he could retire.

Can anyone clarify the regulations on how much alcohol (sounds like rum cream isn't included in this?) you can bring back to the states?

Thanks!

For us I believe it is 1 or 1.5 litres each. It was all rum cream so I'm not sure what the rules are regarding liquor content but I have heard it is treated differently. But that being said we were one step away from missing our connecting flight and a strip search. I was so frazzled by the time I got out of there and was going through security that the security officers were actually really nice to me and showed me my gate was! I could have killed off that extra bottle in the airport after that one!

Also make sure you get the carrying boxes and have them wrap the bottles in paper before putting them in. Someone brought rum cream back in their suitcase and it must have shattered because our suitcases were covered in it.

I should make clear that my post above relates to US customs regulations...not sure what the Canadian rules are.
    CSS - March, 2012
    CTI - March, 2013, 2014, 2015