Default Pre-Check In... how early is too early?

It says ot the Romance Rewards page that we should check in online at least 3 days before our trip.
    How many days before our trip is too many? If we did that REAL early (like months early) would it have the same effect as if we did it 3 days before the trip?
    Thanks to anyone with info on this (or Randymon who I know knows the answer....)
    Roy and Nancy

I did the pre check-in at about 75 days out. I don't think there can be a too early. However, they need your information at least 3 days in advance so they can have everything ready upon your arrival (or within 24 hours). I would say 3 months before would be better than 3 days before.
    Juell and Andy (Jandy)

I've always wondered that too, but most say two weeks and we have stuck with that for our last five trips and they have always had our info on file so I'm gonna continue to do it two weeks out. I wouldn't want to wait until 3 days before just because I'm so particular about having all the details in order and that seems to be cutting it close.

We do it no more than a week out.

I always get so anxious I end up doing the pre-check-in for our April trip in January They may think I'm nuts, but so far it's never had an effect on our gifts.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

I don't know but we are 75 days out and I just did it!

I did our pre-check in for our trip in March... back in January.

We haven't been back in so many years, the romance rewards and pre-check in is new. So wasn't sure of all the questions it would ask so went ahead and did it.

Ok I am ignorant on this I know… but what is the advantage of checking in early? If I am able to request a specific building or maybe a “High floor” type thing I get that. Also I had read on here somewhere that you can make reservations to restaurants BEFORE you arrive. If I can do that then GREAT I really have no desire to waste this time at the resort and would much rather have it all set up prior. Problem is when I called Couples they told me it had to be done in person…. Why the conflicting into on here… and if I CAN check in and reserve on here HOW do I do that? Much appreciated.

Making restaurant reservations on pre-check in would affect the first come first serve policy they have on reservations so I would hope that they don't do that. IMO take reservations one way only, and it makes the most sense to do it in person upon arrival. They start advanced reservations like that and the next thing people will want are reserved loungers...

Hi, Pre-check in is just to let the resort know how you would like your minibar stocked and your selection for your Romance Reward gift. No room requests or dining or spa reservations--you need to do those at the resort since your room number is required for the reservation. You can purchase Romance Packages and Private Dinners prior to your arrival.....

Have a great trip!:-)

The early checkin is for picking you minibar beverages and picking your repeaters gift if you are a romance rewards member and repeat guests. They also want your flight info ahead of time so they can have enough buses for the transfers.

Also you can't make restaurant reservations or room or floor requests until you arrive, thats true but you want to for sure go to the bottom of any page on this site and click on romance rewards, sign up and then you can precheckin. Have fun!!

We do no more than two weeks out. Theycan't use your information so why bog them down with usless info. months before.

This may be a stupid question....but you say you do the early check in to tell them what you want in the bar...but my question is what do they have to choose from to put into the room. Me being a first timer...i am not sure what is even available to ask for. Where do we get a list of things to choose from?

We do the pre-check in about a week or 10 days out when I'm starting my pre-travel 'to do list'.
    Julie

Just did it and leaving next Fri. No need to do it way in advance although it makes you feel that much closer to your trip.

We always do ours 14 days out. THAT'S ONE DAY AWAY FROM TODAY! Wha Hooo.

Life is good

Quote Originally Posted by dandj View Post
    We do no more than two weeks out. Theycan't use your information so why bog them down with usless info. months before.
    That makes sense. Although I guess I assumed all of the information is stored in the system and they print it out by check-in date each day or week. Probably not though.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

We did our pre-check in several months before we arrived. Not that it made any difference - we still had to ask again for what we wanted in the mini bar, and they say that they do not have any T shirts available (though the gift shop is full of them!!!). Looks like we will have to have a candle and oil that we will never use rather than the Tshirts we want and love. :-(