Hybrid View

Default Excursions - Any suggestions???

My wife and I will be arriving at CTI with another couple in just 14 days for our second visit home!! I am hoping to get some suggestions for who to book with and when to book some excursions. We looked online and think we might be interested in the zip line tour and possibly the white water rafting or the ATV tour. Any suggestions on what company to book excursions through and is it best to book prior to arrival or can we book right through CTI when we get there. Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by DavenRach View Post
    My wife and I will be arriving at CTI with another couple in just 14 days for our second visit home!! I am hoping to get some suggestions for who to book with and when to book some excursions. We looked online and think we might be interested in the zip line tour and possibly the white water rafting or the ATV tour. Any suggestions on what company to book excursions through and is it best to book prior to arrival or can we book right through CTI when we get there. Thanks for the help!
    Woohoo!! There are several travel companies you can use for those excursions - but all can be booked from the Tour Desk in the CTI lobby. We used to not be able to mention third party companies on the board, so if this doesn't show up, feel free to email me (amy.welch@hotmail.com). Chukka Caribbean is a very popular outfitter. We actually used them one year to do the Zipline from CTI as well. It's fun!

Also, my advice? I always tell people not to book anything prior to arrival. Once you check in, you will receive the weekly and daily resort schedules. After you get these and know what's happening on property, then book your extra excursions. If you book before, you risk missing something fun at the resort.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by DavenRach View Post
    Hi,

You did not say if you took advantage of the "included excursion" Dunns River Falls your first trip. If not be sure to do it.

Having said that, from CN we have done Rick's Cafe, Pelican Bar, Black River, YS Falls, Mayfield Falls. Eaten at roadside stands and visited local farms.

From CSS we did Port Antonio, Somerset Falls, Blue Lagoon, Boston Bay (where Jerk originated) I have a great guide in the Ocho area who is insured and a great driver. email me if interested. mzambo1722@wideopenwest.com.

I am a big supporter of getting out and experiencing the locals and the country.

Dunns although commercial is indeed an experience and quite beautiful. You need to do it if you have not.

Something I have not yet done, but was highly recommended to us by the GM at CSS is tubing on the White River.

Enjoy your trip, you may want to do a trading places day at CSS it is truly a gorgeous resort to explore with grounds unlike anything at CTI.

Marie
    CN 06, 07
    CSS 08, 10
    CN April, 13, 2013

When we go to any Couples we research excursions, narrow it down to 3 or 4 and if we do one or two of them we are happy. Once there you usually don't want to leave your relaxing time at the resort. Plan on the included Dunns River Falls trip as a must do. Bring water shoes to wear as you walk up the falls in the water. Beyond that I would not over schedule your trip to paradise. If you are searching for things online just look into things to do in Ocho Rios. Relax and enjoy mon...irie!