Default Ipod Dock sound quality

What is the quality of the Ipod Dock . Is it comparable to a Bose ?

Quote Originally Posted by morisp View Post
    What is the quality of the Ipod Dock . Is it comparable to a Bose ?
    No, the iPod dock is not even close to Bose speaker quality. iPod dock compares to basic clock radio speakers because that is what it is.
    If you are used to Bose quality you will be disappointed with what the IPod dock.

From our time at CSA it's fine, but the volume doesn't go up as loud as what you'd anticipate. I'm sure that's because you're at a resort, and they don't want to have a college-type atmosphere going on. It's loud enough to hear in your room, but really not much louder. And that's really just fine.

It is not a Bose so the sound quality is average. The docking player is actually part of a clock radio.

From what I have seen in pictures, it seems to be an iHome dock or comparable. I will tell you right now, NO it will not be comparable to a Bose... but I'm sure it will be good enough to get you by...

Almost exactly.
    Almost.

I personally have no clue as I have not been yet (going in May) but my experience at all other hotels is typically NO… I was going to ask this… (Related). Should I bring my Bose Portable Soundock and NOT that I plan on blaring it to disturb other couples at all but if I keep it to reasonable level would there be any problems, taking it to the Island at CTI? I always try to play appropriate “Holiday” music, in this case likely a lot of “reggae” and you truly can’t hear it more than 10 feet away… end result is 2-3 couples asking us if they mind if they set up closer so that they can enjoy the music too

Trimada - here's the thing about bringing music to the beach....some people go to the beach to just hear the sounds of the beach. And while your music may be great (to you), it may not be great to the person sitting next to you (even if it is reggae). You'd be surprised at what people can hear, and imho, I think it would be a nice gesture to simply keep your music in your room, and enjoy the sounds you'll hear on the beach at CTI. Either that or bring earphones so you can play whatever suits your fancy.

At CSA, my wife and I sit next to the hut bar closest to the pool because that is the only place to hear music. I take my Ipod, but I want to hear music AND the waves, and wind, and vendors....BTW if you're going in May, I call dibs on the chairs by the hut bar

Quote Originally Posted by Trimada View Post
    I personally have no clue as I have not been yet (going in May) but my experience at all other hotels is typically NO… I was going to ask this… (Related). Should I bring my Bose Portable Soundock and NOT that I plan on blaring it to disturb other couples at all but if I keep it to reasonable level would there be any problems, taking it to the Island at CTI? I always try to play appropriate “Holiday” music, in this case likely a lot of “reggae” and you truly can’t hear it more than 10 feet away… end result is 2-3 couples asking us if they mind if they set up closer so that they can enjoy the music too
    Most people are too polite to tell you that your taste in music should be limited to your ears only. Those few who did not think it appropriate to bring music that would annoy other guests may piggy back on your inconsiderate choice as you take the blame and not them. This does not make your choice correct or appropriate. Please do not take any music player to the beach or the tiny island that is not listened to with earphones!

Nothing like being reprimanded on a message board. “Most people are too polite to tell you that your taste in music should be limited to your ears only” and “other guests may piggy back on your inconsiderate choice” maybe I didn’t write it very well or it is not clear.. Let me say again.. “Not that I plan blaring it to disturb other couples at all” in other words, you can NOT hear it unless you are right there! I make 100% certain of this. If you set up so close that you can hear it at the level I have it, I will politely be asking you to set up somewhere else as you are crowding my/our space. Now what does happen, couples walk by, ask if they can set up to hear it and then tend to ask if I can turn it up (as it is too low for them to hear)… even then, I always make sure others who maybe also be close by are not disturbed by anything. So while I appreciate the fact that you may have some teenage kids who don’t care what others hear or think, I assure you I am considerate of others. Now, what happens when 4-5 couples all crowding around and having a good time laughing etc it becomes loud that it disturbs a couple 30 feet away enjoying the waves and nothing else… I guess that’s the issues Couples has to deal with, What’s the limit to people enjoying themselves? Do you tell 4-5 couples to stop laughing and keep it down as you are upsetting the 2 couples who aren’t laughing..

Oh the fun! I have never been yet but read on these posts enough that I can see on the island there are groups of regulars who meet up each year (Some have even named themselves and even had flags until that was stopped).. Throwing of Water balloons and mooning of the catamaran has also been stopped. From what I can tell, this is not kids but adults having fun. It sounds to me like you should be concerned about these groups having fun. All I simply wanted to do was enjoy some peaceful music without disturbing others. My original questions was really can you bring things with you… to save debate, let’s just ask a different question, are there places on the beach and/or island that Couples DOES play music that can be enjoyed by those who like to hear music without earbuds?

Trimada,

You struck a nerve. Don't take it personally, your question was not misunderstood by all, just some. I can not answer your question, but I can empathize with your feelings of "what the hell did I do wrong?". It's not you, it's them.

Have a great trip!

For some reason, the " can i play music on the beach question" is not very popular around here. It's as if you ask "can I set up my heavy metal band on the beach and play a few sets?"

They don't understand that you can play the music at level that it can't be heard more than a few feet away.... And most people ask to turn it up!

I noticed, maybe I should go that route. I will start a new thread with “Can I bring my heavy metal band to see if we can get the music loud enough that you can hear it in Kingston?” Once I get all the negativity I will simple settle for a nice quite system playing my music at low volumes and they will be happy! Haha…

Actually seriously, my pure guess is 25% of people seem to like the idea and have no issue with it at all, 50% are the polite ones giving there helpful input and see both sides then you have the other 25% who are just so obnoxious they themselves think their way of thinking is the only way. I say again, I/we do my best to be respectful of others and I will keep the music low not to disturb others but if I get the attitude on the beach I see here from that 25% I won’t lie, I might have to turn the volume up so I don’t have to listen to that tone and attitude while I am trying to enjoy my nice relaxing vacation!

I am done with this topic, I hope you all enjoy your vacation how ever decide to do it.