Hybrid View

Default Margaritaville question.....

We will be arriving at CTI on March 4th and have considered taking 10:30PM to bus to Margaritaville. Has anyone done this? How long is the bus there? I might like to go for a couple hours but dont really want to sit there until closing time! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DavenRach View Post
    We will be arriving at CTI on March 4th and have considered taking 10:30PM to bus to Margaritaville. Has anyone done this? How long is the bus there? I might like to go for a couple hours but dont really want to sit there until closing time! Thanks!
    We did this once a few years ago - it's about a ten minute drive into Ocho Rios. It was a lot of fun, but we actually wouldn't do it again because (1) if you've seen one Margaritville, you've seen them all and (2) the drinks are expensive. Although the OR one has a rooftop hot tub and a 100 ft. waterslide. I think it may be one of the bigger ones.

I think the bus brings you back to the resort around midnight, but if you wanted to leave sooner I'm sure they could call you a cab. It would run around $15.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

I was recently@ CN (3/13/13 til 3/17/13) & took the Margaritaville trip. I'm am 41 yrs old and would recommend against it only because it was a much younger crowd,
    mostly in their 20's. The bus pretty much takes you back every hour on the hour starting @midnight.

at night all Margaritaville's turn into club(young people dance music)...if looking for parrot head feeling.cheeseburger land shark,Buffett Music.go in the
    .Day time.....5'oclock somewhere.

We did the Margaritivilla excursion, when we were at Tower Isle in January. Expect the average age of the crowd there, to be under 30 and be carefull when you go to the washroom. Another guest that was staying at tower isle was robbed by some locals in the washroom. According to our tour guide, this has happened before.

In my opinion, the Margaritaville in Ocho Rios is a lot cooler than the one in Negril - it has a large waterslide and a hot tub on the roof!

Basically, the only "cool" thing about the one is Negril is that is has water trampolines (which I believe the one in Ocho Rios also has...)

We went one time and would not recommend it. All they played was Hip Hop and it was a much younger crowd. The bus took us from 11 PM to 1 PM. We couldn't wait to get back to Couples. Now we just go into town shopping and stop at Margaritaville. My husband is a Parrothead and needs to get his t-shirts. It is located in the Island Village shopping center. If you ever go to CN, they have a 5 PM trip to Margaritaville that is a blast. It is a beach party with Buffett music.

My husband and I did it the last time we were there (2011) and had a GREAT time! However, we enjoy dancing to hip hop music. We danced the night away. If you decide to go, keep in mind that it's mostly outdoors and it gets VERY hot in there. Especially because it is so crowded.