Default Well, don't I feel like an idiot. :-)

I was checking our flights to CSS in March. And noticed that our flight from ATL to MBJ was only 2 hours but was 4 hours on our return. We have already booked our trip to CN in November and the similar flights are 3 hours each.

So after racking my brain for a bit I realized it must be a time difference thing. And sure enough, after doing some googling, I figured out that Jamaica doesn't observe daylight savings time. ;-) Never dawned on me and I hadn't seen anything on here about it. So for those of you that might be wondering, I thought I'd post this.

Doh. LOL

lsm1212 First of all, I think it was courageous of you to share your enlightening moment with all of us. I know others will benefit from your experience.
    But over the 18 years that we have been going to CTI, we have met a lot of people who were in the same boat as you. Life is just one long learning lesson.

Richie

Thanks.... but I'm used to having those "doh" moments from time to time and not ashamed to admit it. Thought it might help someone else avoid that moment if possible. LOL

We went to CSA in Oct 2004 for our wedding and then CN in March/April of 2005 so that would have been during the time difference as well but I didn't remember it being that way, hence why I was confused. But it has been a long time since we have been back and my memory isn't the best. I was talking to hubby about it and he even admitted that he wouldn't have thought of that either.

I'm just happy that we will have an extra hour when we arrive. I don't care about losing the hour on the way home. LOL

I guess I should have read the FAQ section a bit more closely.

TIME ZONE
    Jamaica is on Eastern Standard Time. There are no adjustments for Daylight Savings Time. That means that during the summer months, Jamaica follows U.S. Central Time.