Default ****CTI Guest vs CSA Guests****

Still debating between these two. We were married at CSA so we've been there and we also went to a resort in Ocho Rios another time (non couples but adults only). Here's the thing we LOVED the beach at CSA, weren't crazy over the rough waters of Ocho Rios. BUT preferred the "vibe" if you will of the Ocho Rios resort. I'm not sure if it was the resort or what but we found the guest to be more outgoing and social compared to the ones at CSA. We also noticed that the employees in Ocho Rios were more approachable and seemed to have more fun than in Negril. What are the guests like at CTI is it overall a more active social resort? Just to clarify we aren't into partying and loud music, but we would like to relax and be social. Any thoughts?

We actually like CTI and CSA the best out of the four because we think they have the most similar laid back, social vibe, food and staff attitudes. Same with the guests, although this was true for us at CN as well. Maybe you just experienced an 'off' week at CSA? Although to be perfectly honest, in 2011 at CTI (we were also there in 2010) we found the vibe to be less social and more formal, which is why we went to CSA in 2012. Again, could have been an 'off' week.

If you still can't decide, do what we are doing this year - for trip #11 we are doing split stay between CTI and CSA!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

CTI is definitely more social. But, if you like the CSA, you'll miss it over in Ocho Rios. Why not try CN? I've heard and read that CN is a more social resort because it's smaller and so you run into the same people over and over. Also, their pool system is a lot bigger than CSA's and so more people at the swim up bar. At CTI, the swim up bar in the afternoon was the place to be! Good luck deciding.

Interesting! Such a hard decision! I'm not sure if I love Ocho Rios the beach just isn't the same. I would love to do the split stay between the two but it's going to be over 24 hours of travel to get there plus the drive to the resort, and I just destroyed my back so I'm hoping I can make the flight (if I can't make it home that's fine)!

CTI vibe is fantastic. The staff are the absolute best which brings out the best in the guests. Try CTI you won't regret it. We have been to all four resorts and after CTI CSA is our second favorite.

We went to CSA twice then decided to try CTI. While we liked it, we won't be back. CSA is the resort for us. As far as the social aspect goes, I'm figuring CSA was your first trip and CTI was your second. It might have had more to do with YOU and your willingness to socialize because you were more comfortable with the situation having done it before. We found that to be the case. Stayed mostly on our own the first trip to CSA but made more of an effort to socialize on our second trip and really reaped the rewards (friends we still keep in touch with!) At CTI, while we tried to socialize, we just didn't click with anyone. Not that big of a deal, though. We're headed back to CSA for visit #3 in 6 weeks and can't wait! If the decision was up to me, I'd say just go back to CSA. It's perfect. Why look for anything more?

Been to CTI once, and CSA 3 times; will never go back to CTI. Didn't meet anyone there, found the staff to be much LESS wonderful than at CSA. CTI was a louder, younger, crowd. Didn't care for CTI spa, either. To me, CTI is a big box hotel in a nice setting, with not much of a beach. LOVE CSA so much, we're getting married there in 50 days!

Oh boy just when I thought my mind was made up lol! The second trip was actually to a non couples resort but we won't be returning there. I think the reason why CSA felt off was probably due to the stress of our wedding and none of our family and friends being there. The eloping thing felt good at the time until I started getting ready and really just wanted my mom, dad, and grandma there. Then we were depending on the pictures to turn out great because that's all we had and the photographs were terrible. Oh and we were hit by the tail end of a hurricane the night before our wedding, and had a few other major issues that weren't dealt with. So it's not that we weren't being social I think we had a lot going on, we did meet some people on our second night that became our witnesses for our wedding.

I'm so on the fence about the two resorts they are just so different but there's something about CTI that draws me there even though I hated the beach in Ocho rios during our previous stay. But then there's everything about CSA that appeals to me too. I wish you could book their couples rendezvous ahead of time and not have to wait because this would solve my problem.

After not having a resort lounge at the airport and having to use the public toilets in the airport I will never do an non couples resort in Jamaica again, lesson learned. I shouldn't get grossed out by bodily fluids as I'm a nurse but anyone who has ever been in those bathrooms will understand my horror!

So what were the main things you enjoyed about CTI, and exactly didn't you like about the resort?

We've not been to CSA only CTI. Yes, the beach is small but it's private. We are returning for trip #7 in July and what keeps us returning are the friends we've made there and the amazing staff. Then, there's the food, the spa, the activities...

S I'm trying to figure out where CTI is, is it before or after Dolphin Cove? I'm just wondering how close it is to scotches!

We have been to CTI 3 times, once before the remodel and twice after. We really love it there, but have gone to CSS the last two years, and will be doing a split stay this year at CSS and CN.

We originally tried CSS with some friends we met on one of our CTI trips, and we made new friends there both with guests and staff, and that's why we haven't made it back to CTI. I miss the friends we have on the staff at CTI, and the food is much better at CTI, so it's hard to choose. One day we will make it back there. I am excited about checking out Negril this year!

I believe you pass dolphin cove on the way into Ocho rios, and both couples resorts are just past the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
    S I'm trying to figure out where CTI is, is it before or after Dolphin Cove? I'm just wondering how close it is to scotches!
    It's east of Dunn's and Dolphin Cove in St. Ann's. You can see it on Google Maps to get the relation from other places.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015