Default Phone Calls to Other Rooms?

My husband and I will be traveling with another couple this December. Is it possible to call their room from our room? Has anyone used two-way radios to keep in touch? How would you suggest we keep in touch without smothering each other?

We always travel with another couple, sometimes more (have been now since 2003) and have never had any problems keeping in touch. Mainly because the guys dive together and we always hang out on the beach together during the day where we then make plans to meet at certain times in the evenings for drinks.

But yes, you can make calls from room to room. I would leave the two-way radios at home.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

We have another couple that we travel with. We can call each other's room directly w/o any problem (usually only to ask if ready to go to dinner). We usually eat dinner together and set our dinner choices and times at check-in. We have a morning "spot" and an afternoon "spot". We all have an understanding that if you want alone/couple time, go! We do some things as a group, some as a couple, and some individual (my friend's spouse and I actually like snorkling - our spouses don't - so we go at the same time). I wouldn't try to keep up with a radio, you might find it's too hard to push the button. Go have fun!

There are phones on the rooms.

I wouldn't bring two way radios, the resorts are small enough that it is very easy to find people.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by ShanDean76 View Post
    My husband and I will be traveling with another couple this December. Is it possible to call their room from our room? Has anyone used two-way radios to keep in touch? How would you suggest we keep in touch without smothering each other?
    Yes you can call other rooms, no problems.

You can call room to room. Given that Couples encourages romance, though, I wouldn't necessarily encourage a lot of room to room phone calling.

Instead, maybe plan to meet up for dinner or lunch, and honestly, although the resort is a good size, you probably will bump into each other periodically anyway....

Years ago we took two-way radios. We used them for times when one of us would go back to the room, and just about the time he would get out of ear range, I would remember something I wanted from the room...........so I would call. Or he would call when at the room to ask "Anything you need that you forgot to tell me about?" Another way we used them was to order drinks for friends out on the beach. He would take the radio to the bar..........hold it up for the bartendar to hear and then each of us in the group would give our drink order and pass the radio to the next person. At one point we did give one of the radios to our friends to keep in touch with us. Just a fun thing to do at the time......

We always travel with another couple but don't typically even need to use the phones that often. We typically try and get the same spot every day at the beach and scuba together and know where each others rooms are. We plan a meet up time for dinner and just meet at each others rooms or at a bar near whatever restaurant we are going to that night.

Thank you for all of the comments and advice. I am thinking that I might forget about the two-way radios as that is just one more thing to take up space in my suitcase. Glad to hear that we can call their room if needed. I just remembered that we were rarely in our rooms except to sleep and get ready for dinner and we will probably discuss dinner plans while enjoying the beach. Thanks again!!

Haven't tried this..... one thing I look forward to is not hearing the sound of a phone ringing for 7 days
    Jan and Mark
    CN 2009
    CSA 2011
    CSA 2013
    CSS 2014

I think you can even leave message on the phones. It's handy when trying to let your friends know where you are. Have fun.

We meet up with friends at couples as well, and we never have any trouble finding them. We usually see them at breakfast, and if not, we see them at the pool. During those times we discuss our plans for dinner and when to meet up. We do occasionally call each others rooms, but not often.