Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by benandmiranda View Post
    Thanks for the update, Rudi! We're heading to CN next June... wonder what their progress will be at that time? Are buildings 1 and 2 where they started? Would love to get a renovated suite next June, but would also love to be in block 5, which hasn't been renovated yet, has it?
    Yes, they started with blocks 1 & 2. We guess that they will do 2 blocks at a time, until the last block (b/c there are 9).

They may not renovate the suites. We forgot to ask about it, but the suites already have walk-in showers separate from the Jacuzzi tub and the tile overall was in better shape, in our opinion, than other rooms. This may not mean much, but we could see the 2nd floor of block 1 and all the doors were propped open for the construction workers to go in and out, except for the suite.

Any idea when the renovations will be complete. We are leaving Octoer 11 for our first trip to Couples Negril.
    Deborah

Quote Originally Posted by luvmygamecocks View Post
    Any idea when the renovations will be complete. We are leaving Octoer 11 for our first trip to Couples Negril.
    Deborah
    I haven't seen nor heard of a schedule but am very confident renovations will be ongoing long past your visit, and likely still in Blocks 1 and 2 in October.

I wouldn't worry about it though. We could hear construction noise (power tool cutting concrete, I think) when walking near block 1 or 2, but otherwise didn't notice.

We stopped by the beachgrill bar (which is near block 1) early in the stay and asked the bartender if he hears the sound in his head when he goes to sleep at night (presuming that he hears it all day long, day after day). His reply: "No, actually I forgot about it until you mentioned it just now". A few days later I was at the same bar and noticed it was just background noise that I also, mostly, had forgotten about.

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    Here is an artist's rendering of what the new bathrooms will look like at Couples Negril.

Attachment 20968
    Nice

Reiterating from earlier observation of the construction at CN vs. that rendering... just to help set people's expectations, the bathrooms will not look exactly like that.

For example, if you were standing in the bathroom doorway and the window with slats is to the left, the sink will still be to the right, the toilet will still be straight ahead, and the new walk in shower to the left. Other rooms will be the mirror image of this same layout.

Quote Originally Posted by rudi View Post
    Answering my own question from above, would say that artist's rendering is just that; a rendering, or artistic interpretation. The orientation of the door and window slats will stay the same as they are currently and not as shown in the rendering.

use resort credits to get legs waxed at spa/hair won't come back for months
    and I was terrible with nicking myself, this is sooooooo much better

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2