Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default CN Bathroom remodel? pics?

I have seen it mentioned that the bathrooms are finally getting a remodel. If this is true anyone have pictures? headed back in june/ july can not wait.

I thought they had already completed the reno's on the bathrooms. They replaced the sinks with a shallow flat sink (still not sure how I feel about it)
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you will be a mile away and they will be barefoot!

Well, maybe our bathroom (in gardenview 4305) wasn't fully remodeled yet , but since our last visit in 01/2006, only the sink seemed new (we were in 4302 last time). Almost everything else (tub, shower faucet/handle, counter, hairdryer, even the wastebasket I think) seemed the same.

The problem w/ this nice looking new sink is that it was so shallow that water splashed everywhere.

Oh, one thing that was new (to us, at least) was that there was a regular plug in the bathroom. In '06 I had to dry my hair out in the bedroom (w/ my own hairdryer, that is).

One other thing - that ledge above the sink was wooden in 2006, now it seems that they've put a counter-type cover over it.

Of course, I'm sure all the rooms are not exactly the same anyway, so for all I know 4302 is still the same as it was for us in 2006 !!

New sink in our gardenview room 4305:
    http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...pse5617063.jpg

4305 shower:
    http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...ps0d233285.jpg

4305 shower:
    http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...ps95f9716f.jpg

4305 hairdryer & plug:
    http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...ps2e55e982.jpg

Old counter/sink in 4302 in 01/2006:
    CN.Rm4302.9.Bath1_01.06 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The bathroom renovations have either been very minor (like only the sink) or we have not been in one of the renovated rooms the past two years. Does anyone know what the bathroom updates were supposed to include? It seems like we are all guessing. It would be a shame for a bathroom renovation be so subtle that we are wondering if it has been done yet.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JackieMRP View Post
    Well, maybe our bathroom (in gardenview 4305) wasn't fully remodeled yet , but since our last visit in 01/2006, only the sink seemed new (we were in 4302 last time). Almost everything else (tub, shower faucet/handle, counter, hairdryer, even the wastebasket I think) seemed the same.

The problem w/ this nice looking new sink is that it was so shallow that water splashed everywhere.

Oh, one thing that was new (to us, at least) was that there was a regular plug in the bathroom. In '06 I had to dry my hair out in the bedroom (w/ my own hairdryer, that is).

One other thing - that ledge above the sink was wooden in 2006, now it seems that they've put a counter-type cover over it.

Of course, I'm sure all the rooms are not exactly the same anyway, so for all I know 4302 is still the same as it was for us in 2006 !!

New sink in our gardenview room 4305:
    http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...pse5617063.jpg

4305 shower:
    http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...ps0d233285.jpg

4305 shower:
    http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...ps95f9716f.jpg

4305 hairdryer & plug:
    http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...ps2e55e982.jpg

Old counter/sink in 4302 in 01/2006:
    CN.Rm4302.9.Bath1_01.06 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    This is the same sink we had in room 6308 in January 2010.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    I thought they had already completed the reno's on the bathrooms. They replaced the sinks with a shallow flat sink (still not sure how I feel about it)
    We were in a Deluxe Garden a few weeks ago and the bathroom definitely was not renovated. They told us at the repeaters dinner that the process will start soon.

I thought that the renovations were to include removing the big old tubs & putting in large showers .... That will be AWESOME if it happens!!!!! Anyone know if that's true???
    Julie

we were told October

Here is an artist's rendering of what the new bathrooms will look like at Couples Negril.

Name:  CSA Bathroom1.jpg
Views: 3143
Size:  45.6 KB

Couples Resorts

These look great! I think it's great they're getting rid of the bath tubs. I know we never used them.

WOW that looks awesome!!

Wow! That looks really good. I can't wait to see one in person.

Very swank, randymon! What is the estimate for completion?
    "Love is the only thing we have to share"

CN 3/2011
    CSA 6/2013

Wow!

Beautiful Randymon...can't wait to see the finished project

When will they be done Randy?
    CN 2003,2004,2005,2009,2010,2011,2x 2012,2x2013
    CSS 2006,2007
    CSA 2010,2011,2012
    CB 2013

Looks very nice indeed.

Two observations:
    1) image name is "CSA Bathroom 1.jpg", but this is really for CN, right?
    2) The window slats on the left are presumably the same that currently look out onto the front entryway. But the door in the picture, presumably leading to the room, is opposite those windows (currently it is always either left or right of the windows). Does that mean they are moving the door location as well? If so, better train my get-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night self where the new door is pretty quickly!

while the new design looks good and cleaning would be easier many ladies we talked to would miss the ability shave legs in the tub. Talked to Ricardo last Dec and he agreed could be room for discussion. While looks like there is a seat does not look close enough to shower head. Just a womans opinion,

Quote Originally Posted by 2havinfun View Post
    while the new design looks good and cleaning would be easier many ladies we talked to would miss the ability shave legs in the tub. Talked to Ricardo last Dec and he agreed could be room for discussion. While looks like there is a seat does not look close enough to shower head. Just a womans opinion,
    Laser hair removal. Best thing I ever did and spent money on. Well, besides our visits to Couples!
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

Randymon! Awesome design on the new shower. Is this what will be done at CSA too? We will be there this October and would love to shower in something beautiful. Thanks for any info you can share.

​Looks very nice. I just hope they won't have the bathroom floor flooding issues that the zero-entry showers at CTI had.

Very nice. Will these be done by October? I'm on my way end of November =)

Like the concept, but hey, I liked the old bathrooms as well. The only thing I will say is I am not a fan of the shallow sinks and was the only thing I did not care for in the suites at CN. But that made no difference in the wonderful time I had and caused me no pain or suffering, just a personal preference. Is good Mon!

We saw the progress/construction this week (in blocks 1 and 2 currently). Would guess an October open to be quite a stretch. Perhaps Nov., but in our experience, would bet on Dec. or even Jan. for this type of thing. The blocks are boarded up w/ plywood (to minimize the construction/jack-hammering noise? or keep debris out?), but one can get a peek in here or there from glass balcony doors and when doors are open on 2nd story and can see them working.

Sinks/toilets were ripped out (temporarily, we'd guess as they were sitting inside the main part of some rooms). Bathrooms stripped bare to concrete (floor, counter and most of the walls) and at least some of the rooms had cement/mortar poured/shaped to form the new walls of the walk in shower. Saw a triangular shaped shower bench (as opposed to square one in that rendering).

Interestingly the newer tile that was done on the wall across from bathroom door a few years ago, still had that same tile. There were boxes of Italian glass mosaic tile laying around, though we didn't see any installed yet. Assuming it matches the existing tile.

Answering my own question from above, would say that artist's rendering is just that; a rendering, or artistic interpretation. The orientation of the door and window slats will stay the same as they are currently and not as shown in the rendering.

Looked like newer AC was in the main part of the room (and old unit laying on the ground).

Thanks for the update, Rudi! We're heading to CN next June... wonder what their progress will be at that time? Are buildings 1 and 2 where they started? Would love to get a renovated suite next June, but would also love to be in block 5, which hasn't been renovated yet, has it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast