Default Busy months at CSA

My husband and I are considering booking our first trip to CSA for this November or early December. However we are a bit worried that the resort would be too quiet at that time. We are social people and would like there to be a lot of other couples at the resort during our visit. We also would like to go off-resort a bit and try some local restaurants and nightlife, but I've read that a lot of places close in the low season.

We know that CSA is not a party atmosphere so we are not looking for that type of scene. We are just looking for an upbeat, fun atmosphere where we can socialize with other fun people. It would be great to meet other people who we could meet up with for drinks, or at the nightclub, etc.

We would prefer to visit in the spring during high season but our schedules won't allow that. So we're thinking about November or early December. Could someone please let us know what the vibe is like at that time?

I think you will find CSA has a lot of guests in December. The marathon race has a lot to do with it the first part of the month and a lot of repeaters like to spend the holidays there. As someone who has been to CSA in December before, the resort may be filled, but it is still seems like you are the only couple there at times. It is not a "wild and crazy" place, but I am sure you will find plenty of other guests to interact with. We have been at CSA every early December since 2007 and will be there again in 2013.

KateB,

My fiance and I were at CSA this past December and it was not slow at all. I don't know if they were at capacity, but they definitely were busy. Thankfully, the resort didn't really reflect that as service was still good. We're headed back on December 11th for a 10 night stay and marriage!

We have been to Negril in December...Not to CSA..... and did not find that things were closed. It was actually fairly busy while we were there. We are going to CSA this December 7-15 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by KateB View Post
    My husband and I are considering booking our first trip to CSA for this November or early December. However we are a bit worried that the resort would be too quiet at that time. We are social people and would like there to be a lot of other couples at the resort during our visit. We also would like to go off-resort a bit and try some local restaurants and nightlife, but I've read that a lot of places close in the low season.

We know that CSA is not a party atmosphere so we are not looking for that type of scene. We are just looking for an upbeat, fun atmosphere where we can socialize with other fun people. It would be great to meet other people who we could meet up with for drinks, or at the nightclub, etc.

We would prefer to visit in the spring during high season but our schedules won't allow that. So we're thinking about November or early December. Could someone please let us know what the vibe is like at that time?

KateB

Look at the December and November meetup threads for CSA. This is one spot where you may meet other sociable couples before you arrive. Let us know if you decide on December and I will add ya'll to the December list. By the way, I see you are from Austin, I'm from Fredericksburg. If you are at CSA from 12-20 December, we can share a Red Stripe (or some of their other drinks) and swap lies about the Hill Country.

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

I don't know what it's like in November but the resort itself is wonderful. There is a show or something every night. There is a piano bar most nights then at 11 the Aura Lounge has dancing. The dj will stay at least til two. My husband and I danced a couple of nights by ourselves, but had a blast. There are all kinds of people to hang with, all ages. We are in our mid 50s and had a great time. We are going back in April for an 11 night stay. We never even went off the resort. So many fun people that work there and so many awesome people to meet. Have fun!!!

We go to Jamaica twice a year - In the March-April time period we usually go to CSS, and then in the Nov-Dec period we go to CSA and CN (one week at each) and always find the Nov-Dec time period to be quite active. Even at or near capacity, it never feel crowded. We love being there during the Thanksgiving holidays, and then early Dec during the marathon race time. Don't think it matters when you go -- you will find the wonderful and interesting folks that you want to meet. Enjoy...

Thanks everyone for the input. Sounds like late November or December will be fine! Once we select our dates I'll be sure to share the timing of our trip on the meet up board.

Mike - if our trips overlap I would love to talk Texas over a Red Stripe!

We have spent Thanksgiving at CN and CSA and did not find the resorts to be quiet at all. The beach was busy, but never felt crowded. We found the evening activities to be well-attended and we had a lot of fun. You may be surprised to find that a day in the sun makes for an early evening, however! We were excited to make it to 11:00 one night.
    No worries!
    Jan and Mark
    CN 2009
    CSA 2011
    CSA 2013
    CSS 2014

We went to CSA for the first time in November to celebrate our anniversary Nov. 23rd, and the resort was fully booked. November is very popular becasue the hurricaine season is over, the rates are lower, and the American Thanksgiving. Hope this helps.

we are going the first week in october. is it busy then? we have been to jamaica many times and at different times of the year, but this will be our first time to a couples resort.

We have been to CSA the last week of November and mid December before Christmas. November seemed to not be at full capacity, and if I remember in Dec '08 it was busy, but I suspect it gets busiest between Christmas and New Years.

Tammie & Mike
    CTI-Feb'08/CSA-Dec'08/CSA&CN-Mar'11
    CSS Mar'12/CSA Nov '12/CSA Dec '13/CSA Feb '15