Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default CSS Repeaters Dinner-new change?

Just read somewhere that CSS Repeaters dinner is now buffet style instead of sit down and that mostly all the restaurants are buffet style as well? Would appreciate the information to help make decision about where to eat at CSS. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by katfred View Post
    Just read somewhere that CSS Repeaters dinner is now buffet style instead of sit down and that mostly all the restaurants are buffet style as well? Would appreciate the information to help make decision about where to eat at CSS. Thank you!

The repeaters dinner is definitely not a buffet.
    The main restaurant @ beach level for breakfast and lunch is a buffet but for dinner is alacarte
    Casanova which is at lobby level is the hotels gourmet restaurant and only serves alacarte dinner
    Bella Vista is beach front and is also alacarte

The repeater dinner is half served, appitizer, salad, then the rest is served buffet style. You have to walk up and get your steak and lobster and dessert. That is the way is was last March.

Quote Originally Posted by Richli2 View Post
    The repeaters dinner is definitely not a buffet.
    The main restaurant @ beach level for breakfast and lunch is a buffet but for dinner is alacarte
    Casanova which is at lobby level is the hotels gourmet restaurant and only serves alacarte dinner
    Bella Vista is beach front and is also alacarte
    You obviously haven't been there in awhile. The repeater's dinner definitely IS a buffet. You can, however order room service instead. That's what we did.

That's kind of a bummer. Last time we were at CSS, we opted to dine at Casanova instead of doing the repeater's just because of what was on the menu, so I had no idea the repeater's dinner was a buffet.

At CTI it's a plated dinner, and very nicely done. Looks like we might skip the repeater's dinner this year too, now that I know it's just a buffet.

When we were there in August the Repeater's dinner was inside & the usual sit down dinner. Pierre said that when it got cooler outside (October-ish) they were taking it back outside & doing it as a buffet. So, I think it now might depend on the time of year you go.

Jackie

Maybe it varies based on the time of year. We went in January 2011 and it was inside on a Thursday and NOT a buffet then last year we went in June and it was outside on a Wednesday and NOT a buffet. So our experience has been as stated by Richli2. The repeaters dinner is an excellent meal and a good opportunity to vist with staff. We were fortunate to be joined by Pierre last year and had a wonderful time listening to the history of CSS and the potential future plans. They also give away great door prizes.

When we were there in July 2012, the repeaters dinner was served at the table, all courses. No buffet.

Our first repeaters dinner at CSS was last March and we really enjoyed it! The soup and salad were served, and the main course and dessert was buffet.

We didn't mind that half was buffet style! However, we liked the way Couples does dessert at the CN repeaters dinner much better. At CN, dessert was a more formal specialty "dessert", like a cake, cheescake or torte, rather than choosing from assorted small squares/small mousse cups. Since this is the way dessert is served at the Starlight Gala, it would be nice to have two or three cakes to choose from as a change (cheesecake, Gateau, etc).

What happened at our CSS Repeaters Dinner: Some guests selected two or three of the small tasting desserts (rightfully so) and by the time we ate our Main and went up for dessert, there was hardly anything left from which to choose. This was disappointing since I have a sweet tooth and look forward to the enjoyment of a great dessert each evening on vacation! Especially at the Repeater's dinner!

Hmm, it definitely is a buffet and it definitely is not a buffet. Randymon, sounds like you'll need to confirm how the repeaters dinner is now served at CSS.

Tacky! Not a good change.

Default Dining at Couples Sans Souci

[QUOTE=katfred;204862]Just read somewhere that CSS Repeaters dinner is now buffet style instead of sit down and that mostly all the restaurants are buffet style as well? Would appreciate the information to help make decision about where to eat at CSS. Thank you![/Q

From October to June, Couples Sans Souci Repeat guest dinner is an Alfresco set-up by our Main Pool deck. For the months of July, August and September we host our repeaters dinner inside the Heliconia Suite due to the hotter climate in the nights. Appetizers, soups, salads and desserts are served a-la-carte. We ask our guests to join our barbecue (located by our pool deck) for serving our lobster tail and steak. We have received very high reviews and our repeaters have tremendously enjoyed this extra dining out experience under the stars. The event also features a live entertainment and prize raffles. All our evening restaurants are "sit-down" a-la-carte service offering cuisine from the Caribbean and the Mediterranean. We also offer 2 theme nights i.e our Beach Party on Tuesdays and our Grand Gala on Friday nights. Both events are buffets. In addition, Couples Sans Souci also offers in-room dining experience with a variety menu and wines. You can enjoy this experience-- setting up your verandah or terrace for this private dinner.

Pierre Battaglia, General Manager

Pierre B you are the best.... I don't know when you ever sleep, you are always on sight and visiting with us guests.... we love what you are to CSS and what you do.

So the answer is, yes, the repeaters dinner is partly a buffet? Guess I'll have to experience it for myself in a couple weeks but from what I'm imagining is doesn't seem to be much more special than what the non repeaters get. I think I'm disappointed, especially since the repeaters dinners at CN are lovely.

Thank you so much Pierre for clarification on the repeaters dinner, and to everyone else who has replied. We look forward to our return visit in November, 2013.

An added note to Pierre, post:
    We have always found the Repeat Guest dinner at CSS to be a highlight -- they do a first class job. We look forward each trip to the repeater's dinner as a highlight of our visit and will do so again starting May 7th for 9 wonderful nights. Also we find that while the food is excellent at all of the couples locations, for some reason CSS is just a notch about the rest. CSS is one of our favorite places.

Pierre, thank you again for a clear answer to a question. We are only 33 days away from our trip and we can't wait to get back! The Repeaters Dinner sounds wonderful and classy - I can't wait to dine under the stars, and maybe my husband and I will be lucky enough to get your table again!
    Susan & Chris
    CTI 2003, 2004
    CSS 2008, 2013!

Wow! We're headed to CSS next month for the 2nd time and 4th for Couples Resorts. How "special" to have a repeaters dinner as a buffet. I can get a buffet down the street here in my hometown. I guess our days at a Couples Resort are numbered. And a guest survey that indicates a preference for a buffet. You've got to be kidding. That won't make repeaters feel very special. Not excited for next month now. What a bummer!
    Mike & Martha

CSS 2010, 2013, 2014
    CTI 2011
    CN 2012

I have found the repeat dinners to be really fun. We've been to both css and csa. It's a very nice perk, and the food is delicious, thank you Couples for the nice perk.

I for one have been to CSS and had the repeater dinner indoors totally served and then last year outside , half buffet. I love the outdoor part,but do not like the buffet. You have no choice at the Beach Party, and Gala dinner, so it would be nice to have this one a full sit down. Pierre you always say that your guest really enjoy the buffet, but have you actually asked them in a servey? I wonder how many really enjoy it over the other style of dinning. I think I will skip it this year, but that is just my personal opinion and I do respect how others feel.

Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    I have found the repeat dinners to be really fun. We've been to both css and csa. It's a very nice perk, and the food is delicious, thank you Couples for the nice perk.
    The repeater's dinner at CSS may be great if you're at one of the first tables "invited" to the buffet, but we were second last and it wasn't "special" or a "perk" for us. The choices were limited and the better choices were gone. There isn't enough light to actually see your food on your plate and it was a buffet so how do you rate service?

Our highlight at CN is the repeater's dinner which really does make you feel special and it really is a perk. We had one at Tower Isle which was equally as good, but it was a down point of our CSS visit. Enough that we find room service to be a better option.

It's funny that the survey's "say" it's well received as we haven't talked to anyone who enjoys it. Go figure.

We liked the repeaters dinner set-up on the lawn. The staff called each table up one at a time to get your steak and lobster so there was no waiting in a line. It was not like going to Golden Coral or a buffet in Vegas. It was very well done.

S/F
    Scott and June

Quote Originally Posted by bowlcoach View Post
    Wow! We're headed to CSS next month for the 2nd time and 4th for Couples Resorts. How "special" to have a repeaters dinner as a buffet. I can get a buffet down the street here in my hometown. I guess our days at a Couples Resort are numbered. And a guest survey that indicates a preference for a buffet. You've got to be kidding. That won't make repeaters feel very special. Not excited for next month now. What a bummer!

Is the repeater's dinner your only reason for going to Couples? It's certainly not ours!!! I wouldn't care if they served us hot dogs and we had to grill them ourselves - it's not about the dinner - it's about meeting new friends!

Looking forward to returning soon (for the third time!) to CSS. The Repeaters Dinner is the gastronomic high point of our trips to Couples and we loved being in the Heliconia suite at a fully sit-down meal, no buffet. It does feel "special", and I will reserve judgment on the part-buffet under the stars dinner this year and will report back here after our visit. One of the reasons we love Couples is the many a-la-carte restaurants...you can get buffets anywhere!

We are always there when it is served indoors. My husband and our friends do not like the 3 hour plus meal and wish we could do the buffet option. The food is pretty, but they always leave the repeater's dinner hungry, and the other restaurants are already closed. The AC is nice though in Sept!
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast