Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    45

    Default CSA - Weather Concern - Activities

    I arrive at CSA this Sunday, March 3rd.

    Of course after weeks and weeks of sunshine and warm weather, next week it looks to be slightly cooler, windy and rainy. (At least that's what it looks like with the pessimistic weather sites that show thunderstorms when it's a 30% chance of rain.) I know it's early, but a main reason we picked Negril is for the beautiful beach, and pristine water. I'm concerned the weather will make the water rough and stir up seaweed and cloud the water.

    It's still a bit early to take next weeks forecast to heart, but man, it's a bummer looking at the forecast right now after seeing sunshine over the past month. You spend all this money and want it to be perfect!

    On top of that, I've read a few posts where they close watersports, snorkeling, catamaran, etc when it's windy. That's the second big reason we chose CSA- included watersports.

    How easily do they close watersports? I will be really bummed if the weather is rainy, cloudy, and windy AND watersports are closed.

    I'm trying my best to be positive, but I've spent a good deal of money, and have been anticipating this for so long, that I just want it to all work out!

    Thanks for the help, and any positive advice is greatly appreciated.

  2. #2

    Default

    Don't look at the weather forecast......

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Rain does not last long at all. We have never had a problem with not being able to participate in water sports.we are going in July for our fourth trip. Don't look at the weather reports. Just go and enjoy yourself! Drink a Rasta rhythm and soak up the sun!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    The forecast always looks the same pretty much. I know its hard not to worry because I always do too. You can't control the weather . It will probably be really nice! Have a great trip and have a Red Stripe for me,44 more sleeps

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    603

    Default

    CHILL!! I understand that you pay a LOT of $$ to go to a Couples resort, but I'm hoping you'll be able to have some fun even if the sun isn't shining from dawn til dusk.

    Your best bet with water sports is to plan to do any snorkeling early in the day (I think the earliest boat is either 9:00 or 9:30AM) before the water gets too rough (and it generally gets a little wavier as the day wears on).

    You shouldn't have to worry about a lot of seaweed being generated if the weather is inclement for a bit, as the water has always been crystal clear (and we've been there in the Spring, Summer and late Fall - after hurricane season). The Water Sports guys are also very good at cleaning the beach every morning as the resort wakes up.

    And if the waves are a bit choppy, so much the better for riding the surf on your floatie!! We've had a blast doing that!

    If it starts to rain a bit, you can spend your time at the swim up bar, in the pool at the Sports Center or at the Palms, in the ocean, a hot tub, sitting at one of the beach bars, snacking at the Cabana Grill or Seagrapes, poking around one of the shops, enjoying the Spa or playing pool or watching a sporting event at the Sports Center or just doing whatever your heart desires in your room! No worries, mon!!

    Long story short, you're headed to Paradise, so just relax and let everything fall into place for you - it's all irie, mon!! Have fun!!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    765

    Default

    One thing I have learned over the years is donít trust the weather reports for Negril. It takes some pretty strong wind before they close water sports. This did happen to us on our last trip and it really didnít bother us much. We just relaxed on the beach or found something else to do.

    We are going to be at CSA the week after. Hope everything goes well for you.

    Life is good

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    321

    Default

    Sit down and turn on the T.V.

  8. #8

    Default

    Most days in Jamaica there is a chance of rain somewhere so they seem to always include it in the weather reports. Usually it is more inland toward the moutains. If it does rain it is usually for short times in the mid to late afternoon. Like they say though, "a rainy day in Jamaica is better than a sunny one at work", ya mon. Water sports only close down on very windy rough water days. This can never be predicted and does not happen too often. We have been to Couples 7 years in a row and only had this happen a couple times. We usually go in April which is closer to the rainy season that begins in May. You should be fine.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Don't worry be happy love the pure life mon!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    440

    Default

    No worries. Whatever blows in will blow out... And as everyone says, forget looking @ accuweather or the other apps. Have fun!!! Razzl

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    651

    Default

    They usually predict rain every day. Don't worry about it.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Thanks for being positive everyone!

    I know I shouldn't be looking at the weather reports, but I can't help it sometimes!

    I'm so excited to make my first trip to a Couples resort (my first AI) and basically my first trip to Negril! (I did go to Negril for a day about 10 years ago from MoBay... I was 19ish so it doesn't really count!)

    I'll have fun either way!

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcroc16 View Post
    Thanks for being positive everyone!

    I know I shouldn't be looking at the weather reports, but I can't help it sometimes!

    I'm so excited to make my first trip to a Couples resort (my first AI) and basically my first trip to Negril! (I did go to Negril for a day about 10 years ago from MoBay... I was 19ish so it doesn't really count!)

    I'll have fun either way!
    Well you picked a perfect resort to start with. Of course you may run into the same problem as us...we can't get enough of CSA and are going back for the 4th year in a row! Ya mon...irie.

  14. #14

    Default

    30% chance of rain = 70% chance of no rain. Thats pretty much the norm m. Relaaaaxxx.

  15. #15

    Default

    30% chance of rain = 70% chance of no rain, pretty much the norm. Relaaaxxx...

  16. #16

    Default

    Well not at CSA but down road at CN. Today was cloudy but still got a sunburn. Not sure where you are from but cloudy day on beach in Negril sure beats snowy day in Ontario. At least not shovelling snow. Don't fret about weather it's all good.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •