Default A couple questions for first Couples vacation...

We will be staying at CSA at the end of March for our first Couples vacation! I was excited when we booked the trip, and am even more excited after reading the message board daily (I'm addicted)! I had a couple questions...

1. We will be arriving on a Friday at noon- how bad is the line to get through customs/immigration? I know Saturdays are bad for arrivals, but wasn't sure about the other days.

2. How expensive is it to fly to Negril from MoBay? Cost? How do you book that?

Any input would be appreciated!

We landed on Saturday, Jan. 26 and hit customs around 2:30 pm......usually the line is outrageously long; but to our happy surprise no one was there and we went right to the front of the line. I don't think that has happened many times in the last 17 trips. I think it's just a 'crap-shoot' as to the lines at different times.

We don't fly to Negril. The past 3 years we have reserved a stretch limo to drive us to CSA and then return us to MoBay on our departing day. It's a splurge, but we enjoy the drive and the Red Stripe already chilled for us. On our return trip, since it's a morning trip, we enjoy champagne for the drive. Total cost is around $500, plus we do tip the driver. Like I said, it's a "splurge" that we enjoy.......and we always arrive to the resort before the bus........but not before those who take TimAir.

Enjoy the trip, however you get there, because the time at CSA is the prize !

We always arrive around noon on Fridays (eight trips) and quickly get through customs, get our luggage and are sitting in the Couples lounge with a Red Stripe in no time. Our wait for the shuttle is about fifteen minutes. I really enjoy the trip on the bus to the resort. We have met some great people on the shuttle who have become great friends. Remember, as soon as you hit the Couples lounge, everything is taken care of. No worries mon.

Can't blame you for getting excited about a trip to CSA and living on the message board. We do the same thing right before a visit to a Couples Resort. Here's some help:

1. We will be arriving on a Friday at noon- how bad is the line to get through customs/immigration? I know Saturdays are bad for arrivals, but wasn't sure about the other days.
    - Fridays seem to be better with getting thru Customs/Immigration. A lot depends on the timing of airline arrivals. More flights arriving at the same time equals more delay.

2. How expensive is it to fly to Negril from MoBay? Cost? How do you book that?
    - Haven't tried it but have seen others on the message board talk about using TimAir. I'm sure someone will "feel the love" and give you more info on this.

Enjoy!

Bart & Bug

1 Should not be too bad getting through immigration and customs. We have been through on tue, thur, and wed in past years and we are arriving on a friday this year, around the same time of day as you. Most reports on the message board are that fridays are no worse than any other day. Weekends seem to be the most hectic days for arrival or departure so we have avoided sat, sun for travel to Jamaica.

2 Flying from MoBay to Negril is a couple hundred I think. You will get better answers from others here. But may I suggest taking the free shuttle bus? Unless you are in a great hurry to get to CSA the shuttle is a fine way to make the trip to Negril. You will see more of the country side, learn some things about Jamaica from the driver and perhaps make a stop for refreshment on the way (try some genuine jerk chicken or pork with a cold beer, yummmm!). Not to mention it is cheaper, and it only takes about an hour and a half to make the trip. We consider it part of our vacation.

Have a great trip, you will love CSA!

We usually arrive Friday around noon and it has always seemed to go pretty quick. Last year was the first year we tried the flight to Negril and we enjoyed it. We looked at it as an excursion and I believe it was around $85 per person one way. Great views the entire way. We really like the bus ride so we took that on the way back to the airport at the end of the trip. Timair and Air Link are the two airlines that go to Negril.

We used Timair (Mobay/Negril) earlier this month and it was $425 four the two of us roundtrip. To book Timair, go on their website and you can make a reservation from there.

Thanks for all the info!

I took the bus from Montego Bay to a different resort in Negril about 10 years ago. I agree that it's a great experience. I just want to get to Swept Away as soon as possible to still get some beach time in on that first day. I wasn't sure how much time the flight would save and if it would be worth the extra cost.

No matter which way we choose to get there, I know it will be fun!