Default tower isle and sans souci

hi

we are going to css in august , we signed up for the romance rewards, do you know if ......

we can spend a night at cti ( we would pay for the room for sure , but wondering if anyone else has done this ... it seems like it would be a better experience to be there at night and enjoy the sunset )

can we walk to cti from css??? we would love to!

thanks and thank you sincerely to all the replies for the other questions !!! This is our first time in Jamaica and this board has let us keep being involved even though its such a long time till august!

l and b

Too far to walk, and the sunRISE is best at CTI. Sunsets from Sunset Beach are hard to beat on the North end of the island.

You cannot walk from CSS to CTI or vice versa - they are about a 10 minute drive from one another and the road is dangerous to walk on. As far as spending the night I think each resort has a 3 night minimum stay rule - and trading places only allows you to visit during the day. You could split your vacation between the two resorts if you wanted - 3 nights in one, 3 or 4 in the other.
    Susan & Chris
    CTI 2003, 2004
    CSS 2008, 2013!

We where at CTI in February. We took a bus to CSS, it was about a 15 minute ride. I have heard of others walking from one resort to the other, but I wouldn't do it, nor would I recommend it. It could be different in August, but in February, the sun set behind the resort, so althought the colors were beautiful, we really couldn't see the sun set at all.
    K & K

Hi I and B
    You will love CSS If you have just signed up for the rewards you won't be able to go on the exchange this time as the rewards are added after your holiday. We had a trip to CTI (too far to walk) but were pleased to get back home to CSS. It just wasn't for us - less grounds to walk around, less pools and secret places, no beach unbrellas just big sails tied to trees, huge cafe like area for food : {
    We are off to Couples Barbados this year - hope its as good as CSS
    mx

To spend the night at CTI would require a reservation, and the resorts require a 3-night minimum stay.

The Trading Places program allows you to visit CTI from CSS from 10 am to 4 pm but does not include an option for staying overnight. I'm sure you understand what a nightmare it would be if every couple participating in Trading Place expected to be able to spend the night at the other resort, even if they were to pay. I'm not sure why would you want to pay for two rooms for the same night night, but if you're thinking about doing so in order to see the sunset for CTI, you're in for a disappointment. CTI has wonderful sunrises, but don't expect to see the sunset. Enjoy CTI for the day, then go back to CSS and watch the sunset from Sunset Beach.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Hello L & B,

The Trading Places perk, from having signed up for Romance Rewards, allows you to visit another Couples resort on the same side of the island from around 10 AM till 4 PM. At that point they bring you back to your "home" resort. It's a great way to check out lunch at one of their restaurants, explore and plan for your next vacation.

You can purchase a "day pass" to visit the other resort, which will allow you to stay later, but not thinking that "spend the night" is part of that.

The walk from CTI to CSS is pretty far so it'd be best to take the shuttle or cab.

Enjoy CSS and your visit to CTI!

Quote Originally Posted by LindaBrian View Post
    hi

we are going to css in august , we signed up for the romance rewards, do you know if ......

we can spend a night at cti ( we would pay for the room for sure , but wondering if anyone else has done this ... it seems like it would be a better experience to be there at night and enjoy the sunset )
    COUPLES RESORTS HAS A 3 DAY MINIMUM,SO YOU COULD NOT STAY FOR 1 NIGHT? YOU CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF TRADING PLACES FROM 10 To 4 PM

can we walk to cti from css??? we would love to!

IT IS TOO FAR TO WALK IT IS ABOUT 4-5 MILES EACH WAY

thanks and thank you sincerely to all the replies for the other questions !!! This is our first time in Jamaica and this board has let us keep being involved even though its such a long time till august!

l and b
    . Rr

Quote Originally Posted by LindaBrian View Post
    hi

we can spend a night at cti ( we would pay for the room for sure , but wondering if anyone else has done this ... it seems like it would be a better experience to be there at night and enjoy the sunset ) no there is a 3 night minimum stay for all the resorts. You can visit CTI for a partof the day.

can we walk to cti from css??? we would love to! Its about 5 miles and lets just say not 5 miles i would want to walk and I walk that all the time, Once you go you'll know.

l and b
    enjoy!
    Vicky

Hello! For Trading Places, you can go to CTI for the day 10am-4pm on M-W-F. You will need to sign up at the front desk at least 24hrs before the day you want to go to CTI. CTI and CSS aren't that far apart, but there isn't a paved sidewalk for you. I would take the the shuttle's that's provided. We've been to CSS 7 time and each time we plan to do a Trading Places day, but we never want to leave CSS to give CTI a try! Have a great trip!:-)

Sunset at CTI is not much to write home about. The resort faces the wrong way. The only good spot would be on the island and as it is closed at that time you are out of luck. I guess you could signup for a private dinner on the island and get a good sunset,but only if you have a room at CTI.

Anyway, sunset at CSS is supposed to be much better.

It is way to far to comfortably walk between the two and you would be taking your life in your hands.

We actually ended up doing Trading Places twice, but that was from CTI to CSS. It was windy and they allowed us to go over to CSS fora second day.

Quote Originally Posted by mariehindhaugh View Post
    Hi I and B
    You will love CSS If you have just signed up for the rewards you won't be able to go on the exchange this time as the rewards are added after your holiday. We had a trip to CTI (too far to walk) but were pleased to get back home to CSS. It just wasn't for us - less grounds to walk around, less pools and secret places, no beach unbrellas just big sails tied to trees, huge cafe like area for food : {
    We are off to Couples Barbados this year - hope its as good as CSS
    mx
    Actually you CAN do the trading places on your first visit as long as you have signed up in advance as a Romance Rewards member. Trading places is the only perk for first timers with Romance Rewards.

Dear All - thank you for the replies back and also for the info. about the three night min. stay.

Also thanks for the information about not really walking from one resort to another - we have a funny habbit of "going for a walk" at resorts and then kinda wondering if it was such a great idea !!! Oh well, more time to spend on the beach.

Thanks Again!