Default CSA - Beachfront Suite questions?

Hi CSA experts,
    I will be going to CSA this summer and have booked a Beachfront Suite. Does this room type have any outside sitting area at all? I have seen some pictures of beachfront rooms with two chairs on a deck (ie. no hammock or couch)....are these the beachfront suites? I am really hoping to have at least two chairs outside. Or do I need to upgrade to a Beachfront Verandah Suite or Premier Beachfront Suite for this?

Also, do the regular Beachfront Suites have air conditioning? I have seen mixed messages about this.

Final question, are all beachfront suites on the main floor? Thank you!

Hi Julia,

Though not an expert, with only 2 visits to CSA, but having stayed in a Beachfront and Premier suite we'll try to ansower your questions. Beachfront Suites have a sitting area on a porch/balcony with a couple chairs and table. Premier Beachfront Suites have a larger sitting area with wrap-around porch and lounger(s). Yes, Beachfront Suites do have air conditioning. Our belief is that they can be on 1st or 2nd floors. We're sure someone will correct us if we're wrong.

Have an awesome visit!

We always get the Beachfront Verandah Suite. There is air conditioning and these rooms are 3 floors. We like the 1st floor for easy access to beach and anywhere else. They started giving a key to the verandah door, so we don't have to go around to the room door.
    There is usually one chair on the verandah, and we either have them bring us another chair or get one ourselves.

We have never stayed in the Beachfront Verandah room so I can't comment on those. I do believe that every room has AC.

We have stayed in Beachfront Verandah suites before. On the first floor SOME of the rooms have room to sit in front on a lounge chair. They al have AC. The buildings have three floors. The "premier" suites are set back a little from the beach and sand. They do have a very large patio or deck. We prefer the beach front verandah suites because they are closer to the beach and water. We have styed in both and also some of the other catagorys. What ever you decide on you will have a fantastic time at our favorite resort. Check the map sites on Couples, and you may have a better idea of what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazu View Post
    We have stayed in Beachfront Verandah suites before. On the first floor SOME of the rooms have room to sit in front on a lounge chair. They al have AC. The buildings have three floors. The "premier" suites are set back a little from the beach and sand. They do have a very large patio or deck. We prefer the beach front verandah suites because they are closer to the beach and water. We have styed in both and also some of the other catagorys. What ever you decide on you will have a fantastic time at our favorite resort. Check the map sites on Couples, and you may have a better idea of what to expect.

we booked a beachfront verandah suite, our first visit, these rooms dont have a balcony or someplace to sit on to drink coffee and enjoy the view in the mornings? i am confused.i know you cant request specific rooms, but should we have booked a different category to get a place to sit outside in the am? the prices for us were about the same for bfvs, bfs, and pbfs.

I thought all the BFVS have verandahs or balcony's to sit on. We always get the corner room on one of the first two buildings by the grill, and we have a nice large verandah. Walking past the other BFVS, we have seen that they all have a verandah or balcony.........are you thinking of another room category? I thought all rooms in the resort have a place to sit outside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Funlover View Post
    we booked a beachfront verandah suite, our first visit, these rooms dont have a balcony or someplace to sit on to drink coffee and enjoy the view in the mornings? i am confused.i know you cant request specific rooms, but should we have booked a different category to get a place to sit outside in the am? the prices for us were about the same for bfvs, bfs, and pbfs.

We've stayed in Atrium and BFVS. The BFVS do have a nice verandah or porch area, and have A/C to help you re-solidify after melting out by the beach all day. We really really really enjoy an early morning breakfast delivery. So peaceful and it just is one aspect of what makes the verandah a special spot for us. At the end of the day, you can't really go wrong with any room catagory - you're still at CSA and all that comes with it.

We stayed in a beachfront suite this Jan. The regular beachfront suite can be on the first or second floor. There are 12 of them total, 3 buildings with 4 units, 2 upstairs and 2 down. They have air conditioning but no glass in the windows. The windows have screens and louvres but if you want it real cool, close the louvres and turn on the AC and it was fine. The beachfront suite had a large outdoor sitting area. It had a built in couch thing and one lounge chair, and a built in table. I will admit, I wasn't crazy about the patio furniture and would have liked 2 chairs and small table much better. Our room was first floor and we asked for a key for our front door. It was convenient to come off the beach that way.

Hope this helps!

Funlover, whichever room catagory you choose, they all have a veranda of some sort. The premier beachfront suites are probably the largest and the rest are large enough for two people to enjoy drinks or breakfast.

scorpiogal, how was the view from the regular BFS? We just booked one and I am nervous, I love the closeness of the BFVS but love the sound of the ocean while I sleep
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiogal View Post
    We stayed in a beachfront suite this Jan. The regular beachfront suite can be on the first or second floor. There are 12 of them total, 3 buildings with 4 units, 2 upstairs and 2 down. They have air conditioning but no glass in the windows. The windows have screens and louvres but if you want it real cool, close the louvres and turn on the AC and it was fine. The beachfront suite had a large outdoor sitting area. It had a built in couch thing and one lounge chair, and a built in table. I will admit, I wasn't crazy about the patio furniture and would have liked 2 chairs and small table much better. Our room was first floor and we asked for a key for our front door. It was convenient to come off the beach that way.

Hope this helps!

I only have pictures of the view from the bfvs, not the bfs but imo, those and the premier bfs are the best rooms at csa. No worries!

Name:  IMG_20110421_092433.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  316.7 KBName:  IMG_20110421_092355.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  294.9 KB
    Bfvs 4122

Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    I only have pictures of the view from the bfvs, not the bfs but imo, those and the premier bfs are the best rooms at csa. No worries!
    softail, that just helped rest my mind! thanks for the reply!!!

Your welcome codyjo, hope you love whatever you get. Have a great trip! I know we have enjoyed whatever room category we have booked (now it's gvs,) and can't wait to return in April