Thread: CSA vs. CN

Default CSA vs. CN

Hi, my girlfriend and I are trying to choose between Couples Sweptaway and Couples Negril but we are leaning towards CSA. What would you say is the main difference between the two?

And would you recommend the Garden Suite, Atrium Suite or Great House Verandah Suite? Which are the best rooms and best locations?

We are in our late twenties and early thirties and plan on going for New Years so we'd love to hear from anyone else going at that time!

Thanks in advance - Matt and Jillian

We've been in the Garden Verandah Suite (which has the minibar and TV) as well as the Beachfront Verandah Suite and the Beachfront Suite (minibar and TV and minibar only, respectively).

If you're looking for more of a "hotel" feel, the GHVS will give you that. You're in the thick of things there (the night club, Feathers, Patois, Cabana Grill, Swim up Bar, Internet cafe). It's a great place to be if you like to be "right there." You didn't mention the Garden Verandah Suite, but it might be a good compromise between the Garden Suite and the Great House Verandah Suite. You're a bit less hotel-y in this room (it's in a building housing 9 individual units with individual entrances) which is sort of similar to the Atrium, but it also has the TV and minibar which the GHVS offers. The Atrium is a bit more rustic, with no minibar or TV.

We like having the minibar, but don't really care about the TV.

A good thing about CSA is that whatever room category you choose, you'll never be more than a 2 minute walk from the beach, and from one end of the resort to the other it's about a 7 minute walk (or a 2 hour saunter, depending on your mood).

If you do end up choosing CSA, congratulations on choosing the BEST resort in the Couples Family!!!

Good luck on your decision. New Years's at Couples.....priceless!!!
    Kristen

mklein172002

If your inner soul is telling you to go to CSA then CSA it is. Don't second guess yourself.

Look at as many pictures as you can find and let the features speak out to you.

You can't compare CSA to CN or CN to CSA. They are both unique to themselves in design and atmosphere. What they do have in common is Couples Resorts All Inclusive philosophy.

You will find that each resort has its loyalist that are dedicated to that resort. I'm no different with our home away from home which is CN.

Don't let us sway your decision. Let your own heart make that one for you.

Awww, don't do that... its not one resort VS the other... We know what you meant... "Which resort is best for ME?"

As for the accomodations at SweptAway, we're Atrium lovers. These are in the interior garden area of the original resort area... very quiet, quite roomy, low traffic (only four suites per building).

As for room number... its not worth having the discussion, really. Its a logistics nightmare, so Couples doesn't even engage in coversation about it. With people coming and going every day, its just not possible to accomodate requests.

Good luck, and enjoy!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

In my opinion the biggest differences between CSA and CN are as follows:

1. CSA is a larger resort, and is much more spread out. CN is much more compact.
    2. CSA is "centered" around the beach, where CN is "centered" around the main pool.
    3. CSA only offers topless sunbathing on the beach, where CN allows this but also has a dedicated section of semi-private beach for au natural sunbathing.
    4. CSA has a LARGE sports/fitness facility located across the street (from the beach/rooms), CN has facilities, but on a smaller scale.
    5. CSA is located on the 5 mile section of 7 Mile Beach along with other resorts, hotels and "authentic" jamaican restaurants and shops. You will likely encounter more vendors along this section of beach (although not necessarily on CSA's stretch as the guards are pretty good at minimizing the issue). CN is located on the approximately 2 mile stretch of 7 Mile Beach called Bloody Bay. Along this section of beach you will mostly find resorts.
    6. The decor of CSA is very mellow, whereas the decor of CN is much more lively.

The amenities offered and service you will receive will be the same at both resorts. I personally prefer CSA, but we will be sure to do the Trading Places Day to spend a day at CN to be sure our minds have not changed for a future trip (it has been about 4 years since our only trip to CN)...plus we want to check out the Office of Nature.

Gonegril hit the nail on the head in regards to the rooms. All of them are wonderful, but which one is right for you depends on what you are looking for. I would suggest doing a search of this MB and of TA to look at pictures and descriptions of the different room types to see which one fits you best. Don't stress over it too much though...you probably won't spend that much time in the room anyway.

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

Thanks, CSA it is. And I'm sorry if I confused anyone. I didn't mean an exact room number, I meant more of a location and the type of room that we should secure.

Any other feedback is greatly appreciated!

Anyone else going when we are?