Default Hey Eugene by Pink Martini will always be our Couples song-anyone else?

On our first trip of many to Couples, Teresa found a video of a couples trip to Couples with this song as the background music. It just became our Couples song. Just booked a short trip in March and have started listening to the song to get me in the mood.

We ended up really liking Pink Martini too! Have seen them in concert three times. They are awesome.
    Anyone else associate Couples with Hey Eugene?
    Search the video on youtube........

Love Love Love Pink Martini. Lucky enough to have only seen them once at a concert.
    Richard

CSS November 2010
    CSS October 2013

Not a bad song but I don't see the connection to Jamaica or reggae. I listen to almost non stop reggae at home and in my car. The real deal puts me in the mood. Try some Chaka Demus, Buju Banton, Shaggy, Jimmy Cliff, Beenie Man, Mr Vegas, or any of Bob Marley's kids to hear some Jamaican mood music. I am assuming that you are reaching beyond Bob himself? Try listening to "Sweet Jamaica" by Mr Vegas featuring Shaggy and Josey Wales. Now that is a good get in the mood song! Ya mon.

Quote Originally Posted by rckbert View Post
    Not a bad song but I don't see the connection to Jamaica or reggae. I listen to almost non stop reggae at home and in my car. The real deal puts me in the mood. Try some Chaka Demus, Buju Banton, Shaggy, Jimmy Cliff, Beenie Man, Mr Vegas, or any of Bob Marley's kids to hear some Jamaican mood music. I am assuming that you are reaching beyond Bob himself? Try listening to "Sweet Jamaica" by Mr Vegas featuring Shaggy and Josey Wales. Now that is a good get in the mood song! Ya mon.
    While
    I certainly appreciate the input, I wasn't really asking what was some good Raggae music. I was asking specifically about the video on youtube actually. Which is titled "Debmike - Couples Negril, Jamaica - Christmas 2008" at youtube.
    My point was that at the time we were so excited to be going that we probably watched the video 100 times LOL, cementing Hey Eugene's association to Couples for us.

I always share that excitement of going home to Couples as I will be doing this April for the seventh time in a row. I did not mean to do anything other than offer you other choices. If you have the time check out the youtube video of "Sweet Jamaica" at Sweet Jamaica - Mr. Vegas, Shaggy, Josey Wales - YouTube. A very upbeat song you may enjoy. Ya mon...Irie!

Respect Mon! Awesome song.....I played it and Teresa's reaction was "play some more!".
    We do love Jamaica and Couples a lot! This will be our 6th visit to Couples.

Quote Originally Posted by The2ofus View Post
    Respect Mon! Awesome song.....I played it and Teresa's reaction was "play some more!".
    We do love Jamaica and Couples a lot! This will be our 6th visit to Couples.
    There are so many places in that video we have visited in our 6 trips to Couples Resorts so far. Dunns River Falls, YS Falls, the Black River with it's crocodiles, zip lining, Rick's Cafe, Bamboo Lane, the list goes on and on. Just a fun upbeat song that gets me in the mood to go back home to Jamaica every time I hear it. Glad you like it...Irie mon.

I agree, saw the "Hey Eugene" video and love the song!!