Hybrid View

Default Anyone ever ship golf clubs? A little help please.

Anyone ever have their clubs shipped to the resort? Resort employees, would like to hear from you as well, is this done? FEDEX or UPS?

Thanks, see you in April.

I've looked into it (Fedex) and the price depends on the distance you are shipping, the weight of your clubs and how quickly you want them delivered (obviously, overnight is more expensive thatn 3-day delivery). There is also an additional fee if you have them pack your gear for you. They have boxes sized for clubs. So, you'd have to estimate the weight of all your equipment and call or go to your local shipper and ask them for a quote. Compare that price to the cost of checking them as oversized luggage and make your decision. You might add in a factor for the trouble of lugging the clubs through the airport and such.

To me, it comes down to how often do I plan to play. For instance, I am taking my family to Orlando to see the big, fat rat this summer. I'm probably only going to play once while there. So for this case, I might as well just rent clubs.
    Last edited by NeedBlueWater; February 28th, 2013 at 02:56 PM.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Quote Originally Posted by NeedBlueWater View Post
    I've looked into it (Fedex) and the price depends on the distance you are shipping, the weight of your clubs and how quickly you want them delivered (obviously, overnight is more expensive thatn 3-day delivery). There is also an additional fee if you have them pack your gear for you. They have boxes sized for clubs. So, you'd have to estimate the weight of all your equipment and call or go to your local shipper and ask them for a quote. Compare that price to the cost of checking them as oversized luggage and make your decision. You might add in a factor for the trouble of lugging the clubs through the airport and such.

To me, it comes down to how often do I plan to play. For instance, I am taking my family to Orlando to see the big, fat rat this summer. I'm probably only going to play once while there. So for this case, I might as well just rent clubs.
    Omg, lol - is "the big fat rat" Mickey? Hilarious. We refuse to go there. It is way too overpriced and my idea of a nightmare (I have a fear of large crowds). We are lucky that my parents can afford to take our kids.

HI NeedBlueWater! I love your description of Disney World and we live in Orlando! We never go except when we have visitors! If you haven't been to Orlando before, the summers are hot and humid, so when you hit the parks have lots of water and wear hats for sun protection too. Also, pack light weight rain gear. We are prone to heavy momentary thunderstorms then the sun comes out and it humid as heck. Try to have a good time!:-) You are good parents for making this Disney pilgrimage with your kids!

All the best!

Is there a reason to ship vs checking them as oversized luggage?

My husband checks his and never a problem. You just have to buy a special case/bag for them.

Quote Originally Posted by rachlm927 View Post
    Is there a reason to ship vs checking them as oversized luggage?

My husband checks his and never a problem. You just have to buy a special case/bag for them.
    My Husband checks his clubs and they have never been considered oversized. We've shipped them UPS in the states to Florida but always check as a second bag when we go to the Caribbean. He plays most days when we are there so it's much cheaper then renting. Plus the golf bag is a great place to pack shoes. LOL

Carol and Dave.....

It seems to me several years ago this question was raised and Randymon said "no". Something about storing and security until you arrive. I would check with Couples before doing this.

This subject has come up on the message board in the past when people were wanting to ship their luggage when all the fees were just coming out and Randymon had said no, because Couples has no room to store this stuff, so my guess would be no, you can't do it.

We are planning on playing several rounds this time. Looks like we'll have to pay the 12 billion for oversized luggage/golf bag on our trek down. Looks like it makes sense if you're planning on 3 or more rounds / or if you have custom fitted clubs. I would probably have a hard time w/ a rental set, and it would give me an excuse for a poor round....hey...that's a good idea. It's not the golfer, it's the clubs! Maybe I will rent! LOL

pnwcouple, I own a UPS Store . As much as I love shipping for people, I would suggest that you box them and check them at the airport. With fuel prices as they are , International shipping has skyrocketed. If you do ship them, DHL is by far the least expensive. Most UPS stores also ship DHL.
    Enjoy