Default Night Snorkling at CSA

We have been to CSA 3 times and are going our 4th time in May of this year. We do day time snorkling every day but have never been night snorkling. I know it cost $35.00 each, but just wondering if anyone has gone at night and what did they think about it. My husband wants to go night snorkling this trip. Thanks in advance . Lillian

CSA 2008. 2009. 2011 and this May 2013

If you go and there's a small group, you will enjoy it and I highly recommend it. If there's a large group of people you will spend most of the time banging into each other and see very little.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Quote Originally Posted by lrhalley View Post
    We have been to CSA 3 times and are going our 4th time in May of this year. We do day time snorkling every day but have never been night snorkling. I know it cost $35.00 each, but just wondering if anyone has gone at night and what did they think about it. My husband wants to go night snorkling this trip. Thanks in advance . Lillian

CSA 2008. 2009. 2011 and this May 2013
    We did a night snorkel at CN. It was totally awesome! You will love it.

We are avid snorkelers (we have our own gear) and did the night snorkeling at CSA a few years ago. We went out right after sunset. Each snorkeler is given a large flashlight and there is always a guide in the water with you. It is difficult to see much in the inky shadows. However, there are some critters that only come out at night, so it was fun to go for that reason. If you want to give it a shot, go for it!

We did the night snorkeling on our last trip with just one other couple. We had a nice time, but honestly... most of the fish are sleeping! IMO, the daytime snorkeling is much more exciting because you see all the pretty colored fish and coral. I think you might get an occasional glimpse at something interesting at night, but we didn't and I don't think I would bother with it again. If anything, it would make you less afraid of black water in the open ocean because there ain't a heck of a lot going on down there! :-)