Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default room question for CTI

my husband and I are planning our first ever trip to CTI the first week in April and could NOT be more excited! We chose a Deluxe Ocean View room mostly because I was confused about the room descriptions on the website vs. what I was looking for in a rooom. I really want to be in one of the newer remodled rooms and I really want to be able to see Tower Isle from our room. It would be very nice to also be on the top floor as well. One of the rooms I saw in the photos had a large jacuzzi in the bath with an ocean view of the Isle - that was awesome! I guess what I'm asking is what is the difference between a Deluxe Ocean View room and a Premier Ocean View room?

As far as we're aware it's location. We think Deluxe Ocean View rooms are in bldg. 5, facing west (away from Tower Isle) and Premier Ocean View rooms are in bldg. 3 & 4 (which faces Tower Isle) north. Hopefully someone will correct us if we're wrong.

Premier ocean view is larger and a larger patio in building 3, right in front of the island. I think any ocean view room can see the island but the premier ocean view is the closest in proximity.

Quote Originally Posted by laryslove View Post
    my husband and I are planning our first ever trip to CTI the first week in April and could NOT be more excited! We chose a Deluxe Ocean View room mostly because I was confused about the room descriptions on the website vs. what I was looking for in a rooom. I really want to be in one of the newer remodled rooms and I really want to be able to see Tower Isle from our room. It would be very nice to also be on the top floor as well. One of the rooms I saw in the photos had a large jacuzzi in the bath with an ocean view of the Isle - that was awesome! I guess what I'm asking is what is the difference between a Deluxe Ocean View room and a Premier Ocean View room?
    My wife and I just returned a couple days ago from CTI (our second visit). Deluxe Ocean View means exactly that. Wherever you are, you'll be able to see the ocean SOMEWHERE from your balcony. We were in room 5307 (which means block 5, floor 3, room 7). We overlooked a neighboring property, but could still somewhat see the ocean. Not complaining, but just thought there would be a little more. We spend so little time in our room that it didn't much matter to us. Last year we stayed in a Premier Ocean View for our honeymoon (room 3112). It provided a great view of the main pool, the ocean, and the island. I think block 3 is probably one of the best, but again, I'm a little biased because we stayed there. Also, it did have a nice jacuzzi that my wife really enjoyed. Hope this helps.

thank you - I think I will try to upgrade to a Premium - I appreciate the input !

Our Deluxe Ocean room was in Bldg. 4, 3d floor. The view was wonderful; overlooking smaller swimming pool, wedding gazebo and we could see the island. I would not pay for anything more. I guess the Deluxe Ocean rooms can vary, but I would ask which building when I arrive before I paid for an upgrade. Bldg. 4 was great!

Just for your info the jacuzzi is only in the suites and not in Premier Ocean rooms, these only have a walk-in shower but we love them as the view is perfect. Premier Ocean rooms are in the main building and also in the new building facing the main pool and have larger balconies with a great view of Tower Isle.

Mad about tennis

You will love your Deluxe Ocean room, I promise.

The Superior Ocean rooms are in building 5 facing away from TI; the Deluxe Ocean rooms are in building 4 facing directly towards TI and the views are wonderful; finally, the Premier Ocean rooms are in building 2 also facing TI.

We stayed in a Deluxe room in building 4 on our honeymoon and loved it. I wouldn't have wanted a different location because the Superior rooms don't face TI and the Premier rooms are in the main building, therefore get more foot traffic. Also, Deluxe rooms do not have tubs to soak in but that wasn't remotely on our list of must-haves.

Look at this page: CTI Accommodations. The way the Superior rooms look on that page are exactly how our Deluxe was, except our view was much better... but the layout was exact. The Premier rooms are as you see.

I've tried uploading photos from our balcony to show you how wonderful they are, but apparently they're too big to share here. Sorry!

Lastly, I agree with starfish2 - wait to upgrade until you get there to ask for a top floor in building 4. If you don't like your view or the room, you can always ask to be moved to a different category!

What do the Ocean Jr. Suites look like?..anyone?

Deluxe rooms are also in Building 1. Premier in Building 2 & 3, Superior in Building 5, and as stated above Deluxe in building 4. Jacuzzis are only in the suites.
    Vicky

We personally loved the Superior Ocean rooms in building 5. There was no view of the Island, but we could see the ocean perfectly and loved the privacy and quiet that was available being "way" down in building 5. We plan to book the same room type when we return.

very helpful - thank you so much!!

we had deluxe ocean view in building 4 and here is the view from our balconyName:  CTI.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  311.8 KB

Default Hey Hendy

Quote Originally Posted by Hendy View Post
    My wife and I just returned a couple days ago from CTI (our second visit). Deluxe Ocean View means exactly that. Wherever you are, you'll be able to see the ocean SOMEWHERE from your balcony. We were in room 5307 (which means block 5, floor 3, room 7). We overlooked a neighboring property, but could still somewhat see the ocean. Not complaining, but just thought there would be a little more. We spend so little time in our room that it didn't much matter to us. Last year we stayed in a Premier Ocean View for our honeymoon (room 3112). It provided a great view of the main pool, the ocean, and the island. I think block 3 is probably one of the best, but again, I'm a little biased because we stayed there. Also, it did have a nice jacuzzi that my wife really enjoyed. Hope this helps.
    Since you were just there what did you see as far as repairs of the island dock? some threads said it was done. Is it same as last year when we were there with you guys. We will be there April 8 th Thanks Jim

Lastly, I agree with starfish2 - wait to upgrade until you get there to ask for a top floor in building 4. If you don't like your view or the room, you can always ask to be moved to a different category![/QUOTE]

Absolutely agree with this. We used our Romance Rewards credits to upgrade from garden View to a deluxe ocean view for $96 for 12 nights. They gave us 4501 - top floor on the end closest to the middle of the resort. Perfect view of Tower Isle. Only issue was noise from the swim up bar where people got very loud at the end of the afternoon. But that shuts at 6pm so it only disturbed us during our pre-shower glass of champagne on the balcony :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Siouangal3 View Post
    Here's some pics of the one we stayed in: CTI'09 - a set on Flickr along with other pics of CTI.

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Siouangal3 View Post
    Siouangal3,

Me and Husband had a Ocean Jr Suite for our Honeymoon. I wouldn't have it any other way. The room was perfect. Although we did not spend much time in our room. I really enjoyed having the space and not feeling cramped. I loved having a jacuzzi we used it pretty much everyday. The Jr Suites have a nice sitting area, large balcony, large bathroom, and large walk-in closets. We had a wonderful view of TI and we could sit on our bed and watch the cruise ships come in. We were in building two. If you want to see pictures please ask and ill be more than happy to show you.

Happy to share the CTI map and room list - amy.welch@Hotmail.com

I'd post it on here but it's too small to read. Everyone is correct - only difference is the location. For what it's worth, I prefer the Premier in Building 3, but hubby prefers the Deluxe in Building 4.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by MrsO19 View Post
    Siouangal3,

Me and Husband had a Ocean Jr Suite for our Honeymoon. I wouldn't have it any other way. The room was perfect. Although we did not spend much time in our room. I really enjoyed having the space and not feeling cramped. I loved having a jacuzzi we used it pretty much everyday. The Jr Suites have a nice sitting area, large balcony, large bathroom, and large walk-in closets. We had a wonderful view of TI and we could sit on our bed and watch the cruise ships come in. We were in building two. If you want to see pictures please ask and ill be more than happy to show you.

That would perfect!!! I just keep trying to figure out if the view is unobstructed or if there will be trees, sort of the like the pics that Bart and Bug has up. Its breath-taking regardless, but I think personally I would enjoy being able to just sit and look without having to move around if trees are swaying in the wind.

Not sure if you want my email for the pictures, but in case you do and for the sake of time (getting to TI in 12 days!!!) its crbrown@my.pfeiffer.edu. thank you so much!!!

I'd love to see the pics, MrsO19!

Premier in Building 3
    Name:  view from Bldg 3, 3rd floor small.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  17.1 KB

Deluxe in Building 4 (third floor, close to Bldg. 3)
    Name:  view from Bldg 4 third floor, near Bldg.3 small .jpg
Views: 506
Size:  35.0 KB

Happy to share more pics - amy.welch@Hotmail.com
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

Deluxe in Building 4 (fifth floor, close to Bldg. 5)
    Name:  view from Bldg 4, top floor, near Bldg 5.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  10.5 KB
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

The Ocean Jr. Suite we were in was on the second floor of bldg. 1. Would have preferred a higher floor to look over the trees or another bldg. but couldn't as CTI had just reopened and it was all they could do to keep up with people coming in. The room was great though!

Name:  459769_10150918391519316_2013201230_o.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  155.4 KBName:  462749_10150919883789316_1585919017_o.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  135.3 KBName:  475229_10150919916949316_739229184_o.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  159.2 KBName:  458492_10150919901019316_636926046_o.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  189.0 KBName:  542467_10150918406499316_617548263_n.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  29.3 KB

Here are a few pictures of our Ocean JR Suite. Room 2207 in Building 2.
    Would be happy to share more pics. KaylaO.0519@gmail.com

now THIS is what I'm talking about! What floor was this on? Do you remember the room number? Breaktaking view! Thank you for sharing

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast