Thread: 45 days til CSS

Default 45 days til CSS

The most amazing thing happened today.... I was sitting at work - of course just working away- and then it happened.... I got the final payment email from couples. I must admit that I completely jumped out of my chair with excitement and I am pretty sure my co-workers are now concerned about me but I really don't care cause hubby and I will be going to CSS in 45 days!!!! So our countdown started at 500 plus days - that doesn't matter now...we will be on our way on Arpril 14th. Any veterans out there that want to share their wisdom with CSS newbies???

I hope you have a WONDERFUL time!!! We will be CSS newbies too, but in 231 days and like you our countdown started at well over 500 days. I am sure like me you've combed the message boards for the little nuggets of info but just in case you might have missed something here's a few 'tips' from my 'to-do' list ... one newbie to another! lol
    1.) Try a smoothie from the mineral bar
    2.) Follow the mineral pool stairway to find the 'hidden hot tub'
    3.) Lay in the hammocks at night
    4.) Walk the path (or bike) around the lake and feed the turtles and blind duck
    5.) Head to SSB for a sunset
    6.) Try a Bob Marley shot
    7.) Order breakfast on your balcony at least 1X
    8.) Find the grotto and sit for a bit
    9.) Fish tacos (or sandwich) depending on what they are offering when you go) at the beach grill for lunch
    10.) Dunn's River Falls
    11.) Couples massage in one of the hut
    12.) Private dinner in the wedding gazaboo
    13.) Try the famous blue mountain coffee ... perhaps with a 'shot' of rum cream
    14.) Have an Edgar omelet

.... but the #1 thing I have 'gleaned' from this board is ... relax, savor the moments with your hubby, let the stress of the 'real' world float away, soak in the time together and remember why you fell in love in the first place.

One recommendation not mentioned above - IF you have the slightest inclination or curiosity about AN go on your FIRST day! That way, if you like it you'll have your whole vacation to enjoy. If not you can leave SSB and stay on the main beach the rest of the time! Be sure and read through the many threads on the AN board before you go!

Wow, I can't imagine having to wait a year and a half to travel to CSS! 6 months is too hard for me!! At least i can tell you that it will be worth the wait. . We will be returning in August for our 3rd trip to CSS, and the wait is unbearable. You will have an amazing time!

Quote Originally Posted by TandJ View Post
    Wow, I can't imagine having to wait a year and a half to travel to CSS! 6 months is too hard for me!! At least i can tell you that it will be worth the wait. . We will be returning in August for our 3rd trip to CSS, and the wait is unbearable. You will have an amazing time!
    We'll be there in August too - the 10-17th. When will you be there?

michaelg - we will be there August 20-27. Too bad we will miss you at SSB! Have a great trip!

We leave on Saturday.... so excited. First time at CSS. We have been to CSA and CN.

Hi Heather,

We know what you mean! Final papers arrived today! Yahoo. CSS here we come (May 4-11th).

Hope you have a great trip!

Randy & Kim

Quote Originally Posted by RandyP View Post
    Hi Heather,

We know what you mean! Final papers arrived today! Yahoo. CSS here we come (May 4-11th).

Hope you have a great trip!

Randy & Kim

Hello Heather Now I am getting nervous, did you get papers in mail? or via email that you paid it off? We leave April 20th for CSS and have a zero balance but only got a zero email. Do we get anything in mail? ANYBODY want to answer this?

Quote Originally Posted by Janeinpenn View Post
    Hello Heather Now I am getting nervous, did you get papers in mail? or via email that you paid it off? We leave April 20th for CSS and have a zero balance but only got a zero email. Do we get anything in mail? ANYBODY want to answer this?
    Hi -

I received an updated confirmation statement via email showing that my balance was paid in full. Prior to that updated confirmation statement, I received an email from Couples stating that my final payment was due and I needed to verify the last 4 digits of my credit card that was on file with them. I did not receive anything in the mail. Hope this helps! Enjoy your time at CSS!!!