Default Q: AirTran out Milwaukee - Charter Flight

Who can tell me: Can we pre-check in & reserve seats? Or do we need all these things @ the airport? It's been years since we did the charter thing and need advice! Thanks so much! Razzl

I don't have any answers for you but I am interested in hearing more details about this flight - how much? times? etc.

My husband and I would rather fly out of MKE but have only seen direct flights from Chicago.

Back when it was through Ryan int. airways and is the funjet/apple charter flight it was 1st come 1st serve, had to get there early for good seats,its been 3 or 4 years since we used it.

Sara&Trevor, We fly on March 13th. Time 9:20am & arrive in MBJ 1:16pm. Depart MBJ on the 20th @ 2:15pm & arrive in MKE 6:37pm. Good stuff! Its ~ $200 more. The charters are time boxed & only around for ~ 3 months. In our opinon, the $200 is worth !! No transfer in Atlanta(Delta) although that hasn't been horrid save for our 1 trip from hell sitting in Hotlanta for like 5 hours after sitting in MoBay for 3... Ugh! Hope this info helps? Razzl

I'm interested in this answer too but have no advice. I didn't know that MKE did direct flights, but boy would that be more convenient than driving to Chicago for a direct flight. I've also seen billboards recently that advertise direct flights out of Rockford. Anyone done that?

It was 2011 the last time we went but we always fly charter out of Milwaukee. Won't do it any other way. Some of the travel companys have packgage deals with direct flights out of Milwaukee but they only have them for a few months. I think December-March. And only fly out two or three times a week. Early morning flight on the way (7:00) and later in the day on the way back (2:00). Check in was at the airport and they assigned our seats when we got there.

Only about $200 more, where do I sign up?!?

Your info does help, thanks But seriously, how do you get on these charter flights? We've always just bought flights online...

We've flown out of MKE over several years to MBJ and there is no direct flights to my knowledge. I do not think you can precheck in online for international flights. MKE is fairly easy to get through lines. Would recommend MoBAY for arrival and departure in and out of Jamaica. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by janda View Post
    I'm interested in this answer too but have no advice. I didn't know that MKE did direct flights, but boy would that be more convenient than driving to Chicago for a direct flight. I've also seen billboards recently that advertise direct flights out of Rockford. Anyone done that?
    I've always looked, but have never found one out of Rockford. That would be great if it's affordable. Please let us know what you discover.
    Also, razz, is that $200 more per person? Just curious.
    Have a great time! What a great flight!

We did our first trip to Couples Swept Away on Feb 2 through Feb 9. We had a direct flight via Funjet. It was first come fist serve for seat assignments with no early check ins. I like sitting in the front of the plane and was lucky enough on both the flight out and the flight home to be able to sit in the rooms just behind first class!

Have a great time. We LOVED it!
    Nicole

MadtownMom, there's a billboard in Stoughton Rd advertising the Rockford direct flight, but I haven't looked into the details. I'll update as I learn more!

The charter flight is $1925.00 on funjets site this morning for 3/24/13 for two.

Hello All! Hope your Sunday is going well! Let's see if this info helps us all? Charters from Milwaukee to JA/MBJ are on Wednesday and Saturday. I believe they 'used' to also offer Sundays - a while ago. Anyhow, Wednesday & Saturday are the charters. Out of MKE ~ 9:20am & landing ! 1:16pm, God willing!! Smile! On season travel e.g. January thru March or Easter-ish. All depends on where Easter falls, we've observed the charters usually stop after Easter. So the window to a straight shot home is ~ 3 months. It is $100 extra per personm-this year. Don't know about the last 3 years or so since we've been doing Delta and catching flights transferring in Atlanta cuz we've been extremely fortunate and have been going (gulp) 3 xs a year... So we needed to find the most attractive flights and $$. Thanks for the info about getting seats assigned @ the AP. We'll get there and let nature and AirTran help us... Amost to single digits for us and we are happy dancing - but trying to not be too annoying! Bah-ha-ha! Love Razzl

Seats are assigned when you check-in at the airport. The earlier you check-in, the better seats you will get. Two years ago we were given the option to upgrade to first class for $70 per person on the way down - were not offered the option on the way back.

Sorry we're going to miss you Razzl! We fly out of O'Hare on May 5th for a week. We are doing a charter as well thru Apple Vacations and we opted for a Preferred Perk package which gets us seats near the front with an extra 5" of leg room. We've never done a charter so interested in how it goes. Have fun!

We have a direct flight on Sunday -03/10 from MKE to Jamaica. Paid $80 extra for first class. Well worth it. This time next week we'll be lounging on the beach. Long time coming for us. Had to cancel last year's trip two days before we left. Insurance does come in handy.

Thanks for the advice LaurieK. We will get to MKE AP early! And Musicalrose - Sorry to miss you too. Maybe the next trip home?? Love - Razzl