Thread: Black River

Default Black River

We are going to CSA in December. This will be our 2nd time to CSA. Has anyone done the rafting down black river? We have read about this trip to see the crocs and am looking for any info anyone has.

stoney

Not aware of any rafting trips down the Black River but I know of some trips up the river (Black River Safari). Most excursions will travel up the river on a barge boat while some other off resort services will bring you up in a fishing boat. Not really sure about wanting to be in a raft when the Croc comes up to vist you!

The barge will turn around at the bridge as it can't go under it while the fishing boat will travel up farther and possibly to the Bar From No Where.

If you want more info drop me an email at RDYJMJM@YAHOO.COM

Attachment 1888

Attachment 1889

Attachment 1890
    Last edited by RDYJMJM; September 24th, 2009 at 01:16 PM.

The Black River tour is not a rafting trip, it is a boat trip. You will see beautiful scenery and many exotic birds in addition to plenty of crocs of which you can feed!
    Would be much to dangerous to go rafting among cros!

It is well worth the trip

We did the Black River as well as the Appleton Rum tour and YS Falls all in the same day. I highly recommend this excursion. The crocs come right up to the boat, my husband even touched the tail of one of them. The river is beautiful. I tried to attach a couple of pics, I hope it worked.

Have fun!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

We did th etrip twice and is worth it in our opinion

John,

Thanks for the info. Do you know how long of a trip it is from CSA to the Black River tour also the cost? Sounds like it is something we should consider. Thanks again for the info!

stoney
    The trip down to Black River is about 1.5 hours long. I would suggest adding the Black River Safari to another adventure like Appleton Estates or YS Falls to make a day of your adventure.

stoney:

We went last week on the Black River Safari, bundled with the YS Falls and Appleton Rum tour. It ran $100 USD per person.

Default black river

Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    John,

Thanks for the info. Do you know how long of a trip it is from CSA to the Black River tour also the cost? Sounds like it is something we should consider. Thanks again for the info!
    It was about 3 years ago and th etour included YS Falls and Appleton Rum lunch was included. Think it was about 85 to 90 us and the trip was the full day. About 2.5 hours from negril

Is this the same tour/location where people travel by raft where someone poles the craft along?

Pixel

The Black River area that you see featured does not have bamboo rafting

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ca.html?cat=16

If you are in the area of Montego Bay, you can choose from the Martha Brae River and the River Lethe. Martha Brae River Rafting can be found online at www.jamaicarafting.com, and Jamaica Tours Limited, which conducts trips down the River Lethe, can be reached at (876) 953-3700.