Default Can Couples Negril Divers help!

I have my PADI open water certification and understand I can do a free dive daily, can I do 2 dives daily if I want?
    Also I understand that I may need Advanced Open Water certification to dive below 60 feet can anyone confirm this?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BarryF View Post
    I have my PADI open water certification and understand I can do a free dive daily, can I do 2 dives daily if I want?
    Also I understand that I may need Advanced Open Water certification to dive below 60 feet can anyone confirm this?
    Thanks
    If you are a certified diver, you can go on the once daily morning dive. Sometimes, an afternoon dive is also offered, and if it is, you can go on this one as well. My husband is an avid diver and has been on dives below 60ft with just his open water. Last year he got his Advanced cert while we were at CSA (took him a day or two) so sometimes (depending on the divers who are there that week) they will go deeper to close to 100 ft. He's been on dives at all 4 resorts so happy to send you his email if you want more info - amy.welch@Hotmail.com
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

We have done over 3 dozen dives at CN, and we always get in two a day. The rule is that if you are only OW, but not AOW certified, you can only go down 60 ft, but they will split up the morning group into two separate groups to accommodate everyone. The afternoon dive usually stays 60 ft or less anyway, so that dive doesn't get split up. Also, the afternoon groups at CN are usually less than a boatful, because a lot of people like to just do the morning dive, then start drinkin. Contrary to what Amy said, weather permitting, there is always one morning and one afternoon dive Sun-Fri, and on Saturday there are two morning dives and nothing in the afternoon.

Also, the deepest dive is Deep Plane, which is right around 90ft, but some of the best reefs in Negril are at 45-65ft anyway. All of the reefs are really healthy & clean in this area, partially because cruise ships don't come through that area. Now, if they can just kill all the damn lionfish, the populations of reef fish would come up!
    Last edited by dank120; March 8th, 2013 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dank120 View Post
    Contrary to what Amy said, weather permitting, there is always one morning and one afternoon dive Sun-Fri, and on Saturday there are two morning dives and nothing in the afternoon.
    Good to know the latest info! We've been at CSA the past few trips
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

There is an morning and afternoon dive M-F, a morning two-tank dive on Sat., and no diving on Sunday. My husband and are are only OW. We have in the past taken advantage of diving in both the a.m. and p.m. in one day, but that was because space was available. They do not allow you reserve both a morning and afternoon dive, but you can join the afternoon crew after your morning dive if there is space. My husband's dive computer recorded a diving depth of 85' on one afternoon dive -- that was probably our deepest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby and Lisa View Post
    There is an morning and afternoon dive M-F, a morning two-tank dive on Sat., and no diving on Sunday.
    Dives do go out on Sunday, too.