Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Sept 2013: Getting to Know You Thread

Okay....I stole this from Dave (May 2013) and he stole it from Jun 2013. But we're all friends right?! We will be at CSS the 22nd to the 30th and thought this was a great way to maybe pre-meet some people. We already owe a round to Mark & Stephanie and Anamarie & Kirk.

NAME: Jason and Anissa
    DATES OF TRAVEL: Sept 22 - 30
    TRIPS TO CSS: 1st time to CSS. 3rd time to Jamaica
    ROOM TYPE: One Bedroom Beachfront Suite
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM: Washington State
    WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO: Sun! Relaxation and reconnecting with each other.
    WILL YOU GO A/N: Yep!
    DRINK YOU'RE LOOKING FORWARD TO: Hummingbird in the morning. Rum/Coke. A cognac in the evening.
    KIDS: 6 (3 of each). Only 3 at home now.
    LEVEL OF EXCITEMENT: (1-10) 6. Very much looking forward to going but its too far away to get really excited. By August we will probably jump up to a 15.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelwithWife View Post
    Okay....I stole this from Dave (May 2013) and he stole it from Jun 2013. But we're all friends right?! We will be at CSS the 22nd to the 30th and thought this was a great way to maybe pre-meet some people. We already owe a round to Mark & Stephanie and Anamarie & Kirk.

NAME: Jason and Anissa
    DATES OF TRAVEL: Sept 22 - 30
    TRIPS TO CSS: 1st time to CSS. 3rd time to Jamaica
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM: Washington State
    WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO: Sun! Relaxation and reconnecting with each other.
    DRINK YOU'RE LOOKING FORWARD TO: Hummingbird in the morning. Rum/Coke. A cognac in the evening.
    KIDS: 6 (3 of each). Only 3 at home now.
    LEVEL OF EXCITEMENT: (1-10) 6. Very much looking forward to going but its too far away to get really excited. By August we will probably jump up to a 15.

This is great travelwithwife!

Names: Anamarie and Kirk
    Ages: 46
    Dates: Sept. 22 to sept. 29
    2nd trip to CSS
    Room: beachfront hoping Block A again!
    Where you are from: Virginia
    Not sure about A/N yet didn't go last trip
    Looking forward to sun, fun, relaxation and reconnecting
    Looking forward to Morning Glory and ice cold red stripe
    Kids: 2 boys
    Level of excitement: 11

Love this idea glad you started this travelwithwife

Names: Stephanie & Mark
    Ages: 39 & 40
    Dates: Sept 22 to Oct 2
    Trips to CCS: 1st to CCS and 2nd to Jamaica (CTI 2011)
    Room: Penthouse Suites hopefully D Block
    Where you are from: Indiana
    What we are looking forward to: Getting to spend time together in paradise just the two of us and meeting new friends who share our love of Couples!!!
    Will you go A/N: Yes
    Drink you're looking forward to: All of them
    Kids: 4 (2 each) 3 girls 1 boy ages:18,17,16,15
    Level of excitement: 7 and increasing with everyday we get closer��

May as well add us in.

Names: Gillian and Lloyd
    Ages: 47 and 52 but behave younger.
    Dates: September 28 to October 5. Third trip to CSS.
    Room: ocean view veranda but will upgrade to a room in G block if possible. Love the view up there.
    Will we go all nude? there's a textile beach there too????
    Looking to relax and enjoy some time alone and for sure some social time as well. Love CSS. It's paradise on earth.

Great idea, Travelwithwife! Is there any interest in having all of us attach a photo to our posts so that we will recognize each other once at CSS?

NAME: Danielle and Greg
    DATES OF TRAVEL: Sept 14 - 21 (we might extend our stay until Sept. 24)
    TRIPS TO CSS: 1st time to CSS, 3rd time to Jamaica (CTI in 2005, CN in 2012)
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM: Born and raised in California, lived in Washington State for 10 years, and now we live in Texas.
    WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO: We are looking forward to enjoying the relaxed pace of vacation and taking a break from the hectic, nonstop pace of our normal lives.
    WILL YOU GO A/N: Absolutely!
    DRINK YOU'RE LOOKING FORWARD TO: Dirty banana (yum!)
    KIDS: Zero - we are happily child-free!
    LEVEL OF EXCITEMENT: (1-10) 5. Right now it seems so far away but I know that we will get more excited as our departure date draws nearer.

Quote Originally Posted by CA_girl_in_TX View Post
    Great idea, Travelwithwife! Is there any interest in having all of us attach a photo to our posts so that we will recognize each other once at CSS?

NAME: Danielle and Greg
    DATES OF TRAVEL: Sept 14 - 21 (we might extend our stay until Sept. 24)
    TRIPS TO CSS: 1st time to CSS, 3rd time to Jamaica (CTI in 2005, CN in 2012)
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM: Born and raised in California, lived in Washington State for 10 years, and now we live in Texas.
    WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO: We are looking forward to enjoying the relaxed pace of vacation and taking a break from the hectic, nonstop pace of our normal lives.
    WILL YOU GO A/N: Absolutely!
    DRINK YOU'RE LOOKING FORWARD TO: Dirty banana (yum!)
    KIDS: Zero - we are happily child-free!
    LEVEL OF EXCITEMENT: (1-10) 5. Right now it seems so far away but I know that we will get more excited as our departure date draws nearer.
    Hi CA_Girl,

We have some similarities. My wife is a CA girl. We live in WA State. And our son is in the Air Force currently in San Antonio. Looks like our dates will have us missing you by a day unless you extend until the 24th.

I think posting pictures so we can recognize each other is a great idea. I don't have one of us on this computer but will get one up soon. Unless others would feel more comfortable using private email.

Jason & Anissa

Quote Originally Posted by TravelwithWife View Post
    Hi CA_Girl,

We have some similarities. My wife is a CA girl. We live in WA State. And our son is in the Air Force currently in San Antonio. Looks like our dates will have us missing you by a day unless you extend until the 24th.

I think posting pictures so we can recognize each other is a great idea. I don't have one of us on this computer but will get one up soon. Unless others would feel more comfortable using private email.

Jason & Anissa
    Yep, no matter where I live I will always be a Californian at heart. I absolutely loved Washington state but found the rainy weather a little depressing. Where do you live in WA? We lived in Seattle, specifically the Eastside (Redmond) but I worked in downtown Seattle. In fact, I finished up my undergrad degree at UW and went to graduate school at Seattle University. So Seattle will always have a special place in my heart. How does your son like San Antonio? I've heard it's a great city but haven't visited there yet.

We are thinking of extending our stay at CSS until the 24th but are also thinking of spending those last three days at CTI. Can't decide. We were at CTI in 2005 when it was still Couples Ocho Rios. We would love to see the resort now that it's been remodeled.

In any case, here is a photo of me and my husband Greg taken on the snorkeling trip while at Couples Negril in September 2012. If anyone reading this thread recognizes us while we are CSS, come up and say "hi"!

(BTW - what's up with the picky photo uploader? It didn't like 99% of the photos I selected because the "file was too large". I finally found a photo that would upload).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by CA_girl_in_TX View Post
    Yep, no matter where I live I will always be a Californian at heart. I absolutely loved Washington state but found the rainy weather a little depressing. Where do you live in WA? We lived in Seattle, specifically the Eastside (Redmond) but I worked in downtown Seattle. In fact, I finished up my undergrad degree at UW and went to graduate school at Seattle University. So Seattle will always have a special place in my heart. How does your son like San Antonio? I've heard it's a great city but haven't visited there yet.

We are thinking of extending our stay at CSS until the 24th but are also thinking of spending those last three days at CTI. Can't decide. We were at CTI in 2005 when it was still Couples Ocho Rios. We would love to see the resort now that it's been remodeled.

In any case, here is a photo of me and my husband Greg taken on the snorkeling trip while at Couples Negril in September 2012. If anyone reading this thread recognizes us while we are CSS, come up and say "hi"!

(BTW - what's up with the picky photo uploader? It didn't like 99% of the photos I selected because the "file was too large". I finally found a photo that would upload).
    Yeah the rain really gets to us too at times but then summer comes around and there is no more beautiful place than Puget Sound. We live in Monroe but work in Kirkland and Bellevue. Our son is tired of SA. He says the weather is bi-polar. It can be 80 degrees one day, freezing with ice at night and then 50 the next day. He comes home in two weeks for a visit before heading overseas for the next 13 months.

Would love to meet you guys if you decide to stay longer at CSS. If it doesn't work out we hope you have a great vacation. For all of you who will be there when we are please come up and say hi if you recognize us. Especially those of you that we already a round of drinks. September "soon come"!
    Name:  ph-10012.jpg
Views: 1480
Size:  290.6 KB

Travelwithwife: What a lovely couple you make! Stunning!

Sadly, I have to report that we have opted to spend our last three days in Jamaica at CTI (9/21 -9/24), so we will be leaving CSS the day before you get there (sigh). It sounds as though you have a good group of people with overlapping stays and will have some fun happy hour meetups. We are going to miss meeting everyone who is arriving 9/22 or later.

I encourage everyone on this thread to post a pic! Would love to put a face to a name and be able to come over and say "Hi" while at CSS (9/14-9/21).

Cheers,
    Danielle & Greg

We just booked for Sept 15-21. Celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary. Visited CTI twice last year and a day trip to CSS. looking forward to exploring! Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1377
Size:  36.8 KB

Sorry we'll miss you Jasnstac1. We arrive the day after you leave. But you'll be there the same time as Danielle & Greg (CA_girl_in_TX). They'll have to buy you your first round of drinks!

Jason & Anissa

NAME: Jason and Stacey
    DATES OF TRAVEL: Sept 15-21
    TRIPS TO CSS: Visited for a day last year while staying at CTI. First time staying at this beautiful resort
    ROOM TYPE: One Bedroom Ocean Suite. (Does anyone know if these rooms have tubs? Or just showers?)
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM: Both born and raised in Indy
    WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO: Hmmmmm....room service in the morning, breakfast and mimosas on our balcony overlooking the Caribbean Sea, making love in the afternoon, lounging by the pool, dressing up for a romantic dinner, I could go on and on and on...
    WILL YOU GO A/N: Yes we will. Love feeling those Caribbean breezes everywhere.
    DRINK YOU'RE LOOKING FOWARD TO: mimosas in the morning, pia colada with coconut rum during the day, martinis in the evening
    KIDS: Ugh....three.....Teenagers!!!
    LEVEL OF EXCITEMENT: Well, we just booked last night, but I am pretty happy! U knew we'd end up spending our anniversary in Jamaica, but now it's real! See ya'all there! Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1387
Size:  138.9 KB

Names: Anamarie and Kirk
    Ages: 46
    Dates: Sept. 22 to sept. 29
    2nd trip to CSS
    Room: beachfront hoping Block A again!
    Where you are from: Virginia
    Not sure about A/N yet didn't go last trip
    Looking forward to sun, fun, relaxation and reconnecting
    Looking forward to Morning Glory and ice cold red stripe
    Kids: 2 boys
    Level of excitement: 11

Name:  Z07961074_01 (61).JPG
Views: 1412
Size:  226.4 KB

We will see you there. Only 21 more Fridays!

Fellow Hoosiers! We will miss you guys by one day. what part of Indiana do you live in? We are on the ss of Indy.

NAME: David and Penni
    DATES OF TRAVEL: Sept 4 - 11
    TRIPS TO CSS: 1st time
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM: Texas
    WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO: Relaxation
    DRINK YOU'RE LOOKING FORWARD TO: Haven't decided
    KIDS: 6 (3 of each). We are leaving the day after our only daughter's 3rd birthday
    LEVEL OF EXCITEMENT: (1-10) 10, not a day goes by that I'm not looking up something about either Couples or Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Jasnstac1 View Post
    We just booked for Sept 15-21. Celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary. Visited CTI twice last year and a day trip to CSS. looking forward to exploring!
    Congratulations (in advance) on your 5th anniversary, JasnStac1! We, too, will be celebrating our anniversary while at CSS! As Travelwithwife suggested, we'll have to buy you a drink!

I'm so happy that we are getting more people signing onto this meetup thread who are arriving at CSS in the middle of the month. For a while there it seemed like most of the posters were arriving in the last week to 10 days of the month.

Love the pics of everyone! It will make saying "hi" so much easier once at the resort.

We live about 45 minutes south of Bloomington in a small county town. I hate that will will be missing you!!!

Finally got around to posting a picture!!!!! The countdown is on 157 days 17 hours 28 min till take off!!!!!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1365
Size:  279.6 KB

NAME: Jamie & David
    DATES OF TRAVEL: Aug 31-Sept 3- CTI, then CSS from Sept 3-10th
    TRIPS TO CSS: this will be our 6th to CSS, and total of 10th Couples trip
    ROOM TYPE: Penthouse- hoping for D-14 again!!!
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM: Georgia
    WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO: SCUBA, SCUBA, and more SCUBA!
    WILL YOU GO A/N: always have to talk hubby into it
    DRINK YOU'RE LOOKING FORWARD TO: Mai Tai, Red Stripe, Dirty Banana, Hummingbird, Girl Scout Cookie
    KIDS: 2 daughters
    LEVEL OF EXCITEMENT: (1-10) 5- too far away and still have to book airfare...20 more Fridays!
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

Every Sunday morning I log on her and I'm like, WOW!! It's a week closer! 20 more Fridays!! Yay!!

We just upgraded to a penthouse suite for our trip Sept 15-21st. I love spending mornings lounging on our balcony and the views from these rooms looked amazing!!! I couldn't resist!!
    Only 19 more Fridays!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jasnstac1 View Post
    We just upgraded to a penthouse suite for our trip Sept 15-21st. I love spending mornings lounging on our balcony and the views from these rooms looked amazing!!! I couldn't resist!!
    Only 19 more Fridays!!
    Good for you! We considered upgrading but we like the idea of being in "A" or "B" block and being close to the beach, the pool, most of the restaurants, and, of course, close to SSB. However, we'd love to hear how you like your Penthouse suite! Maybe we can get a peek? We'll probably be a teeny-bit jealous over your balcony, as we've read that the balconies in the "A" and "B" blocks are very small. But hey, we'll be at a Couples resort in Jamaica so it will be all good!

Yay!! We're going to Jamaica!!! 18 more Fridays!!!!!! Lets get pumped!!!

17 more Fridays! We will be on the beach before we know it!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast