Default wedding prep questions

Hello I will be getting married at CSA in July 2013! We are so excited but wanted to ask a few questions.

We are looking to do welcome bags for our guest and favors, is it best to bring these items with us from home or purchase from the resort?

Any use the resort DJ for the reception? if so how was your experience?

Can anyone tell me or show me how your reception was set up at CSA?

thanks,
    xylina Atlanta,ga

Quote Originally Posted by xylina View Post
    Hello I will be getting married at CSA in July 2013! We are so excited but wanted to ask a few questions.

We are looking to do welcome bags for our guest and favors, is it best to bring these items with us from home or purchase from the resort?

Any use the resort DJ for the reception? if so how was your experience?

Can anyone tell me or show me how your reception was set up at CSA?

thanks,
    xylina Atlanta,ga

Hello!

We were married at CSA in November 2012. We had 24 friends and family there and it was spectacular! We had small white tote bags screen printed at home and brought them along. We divided them up and gave a few to my mom and sister so that we didn't over pack our luggage. The bags were a huge hit- inside we had koozies, a survival kit (with ibuprofen, sanitizer, pepto, sunscreen, bugspray, etc), a small candle, and some bendy straws. We gave one bag per couple to save some money. I'm so glad we did the bags even though they took a while to put together. I got a lot of good deals on drugstore.com and also asked my pharmacist friends for any samples they could spare.

We didn't do a DJ for our private dinner/reception, but we did have a steel drum band and used our ipod playlist after they left. The only day it rained was on our wedding day- we postponed the ceremony for an hour and it cleared up so we had the ceremony on the beach. The beach reception wasn't possible though with how much time it takes to set up. We had it inside a banquet room. I think it took a little of the excitement away from having the steel drum band, but it was still fun!

Depends on where you have your reception, but since ours was inside it was set up with the band up front, the bar to the left (when you walk in), at the back were the buffet tables, and 4 round white tables in the middle with 6 chairs. In your meeting with the wedding planner you can discuss how many people sit at each table and where you would like to sit. The food was wonderful and there were tons of desserts. We were glad we didn't upgrade our wedding cake since there was so much to eat! I only wish I could have enjoyed the food more. I was very apprehensive going into the wedding with little information and not knowing what to expect but it all turned out perfectly! PS we had Stacey Clarke come in and do our photography for 5 hours. She took amazing photos and we were very happy with that choice. It did take almost 2 months to get the pictures back though- so keep that in mind!

Any other questions, I'd be happy to answer!

Kelly

Thank you so much! this really helped me a lot.

Kelly,
    thank you so much for your help. Can you send me some of your pictures? I would love to see some of Stacey Clarke's work.
    xnuckles@gmail.com

best,
    xylina

Congratulations Xylina! We will be at CSA in July as well! When is your wedding?

Default Congratulations

Congratulations for your marriage and thanks for sharing your experience with us.

My wedding is July 13th at 4pm