Hybrid View

Default I Survived The Road To Negril...

Someone has this in their sig.
    I can't find it.
    Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks

I guess I am that someone.

Attachment 1899
    Last edited by RDYJMJM; January 13th, 2010 at 07:02 PM.

LOVE IT !!! It is now my screensaver.

Ive got that exact t-shirt! got it on our honeymoon, back in '94! Back when the road to Negril looked VERY much like that! Good times!

I love this!
    ty :bowsprofusely:

I was in Negril in 1999, before they started improving the highways. It took 2 hours to get there and lots of winding roads. I'm now reading that it takes 90 minutes to get there. How have the roads been improved? Is it still scarey like in 1999? or is it a little better? Thanks.

The road to Negril is NOTHING like it was in 1998 when we took our first trip there. It took closer to 3 hours that first time due to a huge rain storm we were driving through ....... Boy was that a scary first experience. The narrow winding road right on the edge of the hills with cows & goats & people just walking along the road or into the road & cars passing into oncoming traffic .......... OMG. We started taking the flight to Negril after that. But a few years ago we decided to give the road another try & it was WAY better & quicker so now we just take the free transfer & enjoy the ride.
    Julie

It now takes about 1 hour 15 minutes to go from MBJ to CN. The narrow streets getting out of Mobay are still present and that nice single lane bridge is still there.

If it has been 1999 since you were last there you'll be amazed at what they have done with the airport. The rusty tins roofs are gone. The hot walk from the airplane to get into the terminal is no longer. Darn they even added AC in there! All this and a NEW Couples lounge to greet you back.

You'll like the new changes so hurry back home!

I've been to Jamaica every year since 1999, just not to Negril. The other way from MoBay to Runaway Bay has greatly improved also. Much better roads, and less time traveling. The only thing I miss (but gladly gave up for a shorter ride) is going through the towns and riding along side the ocean. The airport is phenominal now. In Nov. of l996, there was a late season hurricane, Marco, that dumped buckets of rain over Jamaica for 8 straight days !!!! The airport roofs couldn't hold it and they had to block off walkways....I am very pleased with the new and improved airport. And I'm looking forward to a shorter, safer ride to Negril in January. Another question: How do you like the plane ride? Is it scary? Are the pilots trustworthy? Apparently people survive it, and there aren't reports of plane crashes; but is it worth it? Thanks!

Ge

I have yet to hear of any accidents with Tim Air.

If you like small planes you'll enjoy the experience.
    The pilots are very trustworthy.

I did look the information up and will make a decision before we go......thanks!

Ge

Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    I did look the information up and will make a decision before we go......thanks!

Ge
    Thanks for the videos on youtube. Not sure it made up my mind, but looks very interesting!

Ge

I was strolling thru YOU TUBE and found this video of a landing for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmnfA...eature=related
    Last edited by RDYJMJM; September 26th, 2009 at 05:52 PM.

I haven't seen a shirt, so I think I will make one

Quote Originally Posted by wileeandrr View Post
    I haven't seen a shirt, so I think I will make one
    you havent seen a shirt because ever since the road (to nergril) was completed the tongue in cheek reference wasnt as applicable.

Quote Originally Posted by steverandlinda View Post
    you havent seen a shirt because ever since the road (to nergril) was completed the tongue in cheek reference wasnt as applicable.
    :smacksforehead: