Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1

    Default CTI espresso machine?

    Hello, I thought I read somewhere that CTI had an espresso machine in the beach gift shop? Can anyone confirm or deny this? Is there an espresso machine anywhere in CTI (curious about mochas, cappuccinos, etc..)? Thank you!
    -Annaleis & Neil (It should be 2cats2dogs)
    www.facebook.com/dapfpod
    www.darkangelsandprettyfreaks.com

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Now that would be a nice to have sunshine and espresso ummmmm

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Yes. When we were there in 2010 there was a coffee bar in the smaller gift shop (facing the ocean).
    Juell and Andy (Jandy)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,518

    Default

    Confirm. Take one up to the beach bar and apply liberal amounts of rum cream. Thank me afterwards.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2cats1dog View Post
    Hello, I thought I read somewhere that CTI had an espresso machine in the beach gift shop? Can anyone confirm or deny this? Is there an espresso machine anywhere in CTI (curious about mochas, cappuccinos, etc..)? Thank you!
    Yes, they have a coffee shop that is located inside of the Logo Shop which is on the beach level (used to be the old gym). Definitely stop in for hot and cold espresso drinks! Such a great little perk!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    The logo shop has one and the Piano bar.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Yep there is. We only got one cappuccino each while we were there, but it was delicious. We actually ended up wandering into that shop after the official serving hours had ended (this was sometime in the mid-late afternoon), but the employee working in there fired up the machine for us anyway. Not sure about mochas, lattes, etc.

  8. #8

    Default

    Thank you!!
    -Annaleis & Neil (It should be 2cats2dogs)
    www.facebook.com/dapfpod
    www.darkangelsandprettyfreaks.com

  9. #9

    Default

    I am confused. You all say the espresso machine is in the gift shop, does that mean that you have to pay for that or it just happens to be where it is? Not that I really care about a few bucks for a good espresso but just curious… how is the coffee in general? My girlfriend is a coffee addict and as shameful as it is, needs her Dunkin Donuts 5 times a day… if I bring our own, are the coffee machines in the rooms we can make our own?

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trimada View Post
    I am confused. You all say the espresso machine is in the gift shop, does that mean that you have to pay for that or it just happens to be where it is? Not that I really care about a few bucks for a good espresso but just curious… how is the coffee in general? My girlfriend is a coffee addict and as shameful as it is, needs her Dunkin Donuts 5 times a day… if I bring our own, are the coffee machines in the rooms we can make our own?
    You do not need to bring your own coffee! Not only is the coffee in the rooms just fine, you can also have it delivered to your room each morning. They have it on the breakfast buffet - and they have world famous Blue Mountain! The coffee in the gift shop is also free - it's not part of the gift shop, just housed in the back corner. She won't be without coffee. No worries, mon!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Trimada, there are coffee makers in the room but we have never used them. They look like the standard one-cup hotel coffee makers, I am guessing you will need to bring coffee and filters because they provide the all-in-one coffee/filter things that look kind of like tea bags. But we don't use them, because room service brings me my (delicious!) morning cup!

    I confess I also thought the espresso/lattes in the Logo Shop cost extra, if they are included it is going to be hard for me to stick to my one-cup-a-day policy.

    Can't wait to see the verdict on this one! CTI for our third visit in 10 days!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    The coffee bar in the logo gift shop is free. There are coffee makers in the rooms if you want to make your own. Jamaican coffee is great. No need to worry or bring your own.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Nope, the Logo Shop drinks were included. No need to bring your own coffee (I'd wondered about this too before we left)--the Jamaican Blue Mountain is awesome coffee.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    30

    Default Coffee

    Quote Originally Posted by janda View Post
    Nope, the Logo Shop drinks were included. No need to bring your own coffee (I'd wondered about this too before we left)--the Jamaican Blue Mountain is awesome coffee.
    There are expresso machines at the Logo Shop, beach level, no charge and at the Piano Bar, Lobby Level, no charge. If you want a good size expresso (heart palpatations. LOL) tell them you want a double.

    Blue Mountain coffee is incredible. I will be glad when they start making Keurig K-Cups! We bring it home every year, grind the beans and place them in the reusable filters but it will be nice when they just cut to the chase and make them.


    Sorcron
    Couples - Since 2003.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •