Default Hey Randy, what's up with this???

Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Couples retreats are nothing new. They're therapy/counseling-based getaways for couples experiencing relationship problems. The movie has nothing to do with Couples Resorts.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Yeah, I knew it had nothing to do with Couples, but I'm just wondering if they're allowed to use the name.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

On one of our trips to Negril(when we weren't staying at CSA)we ended up sharing a ride from the airport with a single women. As we were passing CSA I mentioned to my husband that it made me sad to be passing it by.(we already had our next trip there booked ,so that made it a little easier to take)The other passenger then proceeded to tell us that that's where couples go that don't get along. She was told from someone not to go there because all you hear is couples fighting. We just laughed and told her that she got some bad information.

The phrase "Couples Resorts" is a registered trademark; the word "couples" is a word of common usage that Couples Resorts does not own. While I haven't seen the movie, I doubt the makers of "Couples Retreat" have done anything to infringe upon the Couples Resorts' trademark. The movie was not filmed in Jamaica, and I doubt that the movie will cause confusion among consumers. One of the elements of a prima facie case of trademark infringement is that there is a likelihood of confusion; that is, a likelihood that consumers will believe that the product (here, the movie) originated from the trademark owner (Couples Resorts). Again, I haven't seen the movie, but I doubt the general public will be confused and believe that the movie was created by or is a representation of Couples Resorts.
    Pamela

The phrase "Couples Resorts" is a registered trademark; the word "couples" is a word of common usage that Couples Resorts does not own. While I haven't seen the movie, I doubt the makers of "Couples Retreat" have done anything to infringe upon the Couples Resorts' trademark. The movie was not filmed in Jamaica, and I doubt that the movie will cause confusion among consumers. One of the elements of a prima facie case of trademark infringement is that there is a likelihood of confusion; that is, a likelihood that consumers will believe that the product (here, the movie) originated from the trademark owner (Couples Resorts). Again, I haven't seen the movie, but I doubt the general public will be confused and believe that the movie was created by or is a representation of Couples Resorts.
    Pamela

This movie looks funny and on our "maybe worth the money" list.
    Ya Mon

The preview did look funny. I hope all the funny scenes weren't in the movie weren't in the preview

Looks hilarious!

It was filmed in Tahit and Bora Bora - no infringement on Couples Jamaica at all

Pamela is correct. We could not register the word "couples" however we Couples Resorts is a registered trademark. If we "owned" the phrase "Couples Retreat" we would have an issue...

Couples Resorts