Thread: Help!!

Default Help!!

I am planning a trip to Jamaica for my boyfriend's 30th and my 27th birthday. In May! I have been researching the Couples resorts for months and felt like Negril was calling to me. Well, Negril is not available during the time we would like to visit. Based on everything I have read (thanks to your threads) I feel as though, there is no bad place! I am trying to decide between CSS or CTI...Which would be more fun for him? Also, will the Couples resorts be too lame? I am excited about the excursions included, the beach and the cool vibe. All I really need is food, a book, cocktails and nice people. He is not picky but I want him to have a great and memorable time... Should I pick another place? Or is is possible for this to be awesome for him? Guys, Help!!

I'm partial but we love CSS. Very laid back and relaxed. Beautiful cliffs and views from just about any spot on the resort! The staff is fantastic. The rooms are large and beautifil too! Dunns River Falls is close by and well worth a trip. We love laying around on the beach all day. You will not be disappointed with CSS.
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

After "coming home" to CTI for 11 years, we can highly recommend it. We began by bringing our daughters wedding there. We feel in love . The vibe it has sounds just what you are looking for!

Quote Originally Posted by Desi & David View Post
    I am planning a trip to Jamaica for my boyfriend's 30th and my 27th birthday. In May! I have been researching the Couples resorts for months and felt like Negril was calling to me. Well, Negril is not available during the time we would like to visit. Based on everything I have read (thanks to your threads) I feel as though, there is no bad place! I am trying to decide between CSS or CTI...Which would be more fun for him? Also, will the Couples resorts be too lame? I am excited about the excursions included, the beach and the cool vibe. All I really need is food, a book, cocktails and nice people. He is not picky but I want him to have a great and memorable time... Should I pick another place? Or is is possible for this to be awesome for him? Guys, Help!!
    You say that Negril is not available...by that, I assume you mean Couples Negril? Have you tried Couples Swept Away, which is also in Negril?

I'd call Couples at #1-800-COUPLES & check on rooms at Couples Negril or Swept Away before I gave up on Negril ..... The beach there is to die for. Otherwise, I'd suggest trying the Secret Rendevoux (sp) because you don't know which resort of the 4 you're going to until 7 days before you leave .... Saves some money & it could be any of them. Been to CSA, CSS, & CN .... CN is our FAVORITE by far with trip # 7 booked.

"Lame" and "Couples" do not belong in the same sentence. Of course the atmosphere changes with the guests, but it really is what you make of it. I was 23 and my husband was 30 when we made our first trip to CTI. We had a great time. Good luck and have fun!
    Juell and Andy (Jandy)

You've made a great choice picking Couples. If you've spent much time reading the boards, you see "which resort is best" is a very subjective thing. For an example, you can find different people who will tell you each of the four has "the best food". Some like the night life at a particular resort, others do not like the night life at that same resort. Some don't like the smaller beach on a cove at CSS. Others like the lack of vendors on that particular beach. What you and your boyfriend will like depends on what you and he like and what you think is fun. Asking if the Couples resorts will be "too lame" doesn't provide much in the way of insight as to what you are looking for in a vacation. You mention looking for food, a book, cocktails, and nice people. You'll want to bring your own book, but any of the Couple resorts can meet the rest of your list. Most that post here are fans of Couples so you'll get a lot of positive responses for each particular property. Ask specific questions and there's a good chance you'll get specific answers. To make a potentially long answer shorter, you'll have to take the dive and some point and just pick so that the next resort you had your heart set on before it also sells out.

S/F
    Scott and June

I took my guy to CTI for his 40th birthday and he had a BLAST. I will say this - there's really no nightlife at CTI, but we didn't care. We just enjoyed the beach and the people and the sun and the ocean and the excursions and the all-inclusive. So. I guess it depends on what you think he REALLY wants to do when you go on vacation.

You're right in saying that "there is no bad place" when talking about Couples Resorts. They're all good...it's just that people have their preferences/favorites. In a toss up between CSS or CTI it sounds like CTI would be a better fit. You'll find great food, awesome cocktails and really nice people (including the staff) at both resorts. CTI has more restaurant choices although it does have a smaller beach area. CSS is more romantic and spread out while CTI is smaller and more "hotelish". This is not a bad thing as it gives people the opportunity to meet and interact with others more easily. CTI has more excursions (counting the new catamaran cruise) and of course Tower Isle. Hopefully this will help you to choose the Couples Resort that's right for you guys. Leave the other resorts for those that didn't do their homework to find out just how good things are at Couples.

My wife and I have been to CN, CSS and CTI. In about a week we will be going for our 13th time (a place like couples supercedes bad luck). We prefer CTI over the others but CSS runs a close 2nd. There is plenty to keep your boyfriend happy. There is all kinds of watersports, diving, tennis, golf, and other activities during the day and plenty of entertainment during the night. The food is fabulous. If that is not enough, they offer excursions tours: zip lines thru the forest, swim with dolphins, plantation horseback riding, Dunns River Falls, ATV trips, shopping trips, and more to other parts of Jamiaca (some free from Couples, others for a fee).

The age range varies from early 20's (honeymooners) to retirees, so all is catered to. I took my wife to CTI on our honeymoon and she has insisted on returning every year since.

If you are a bit daring, the au natural area at either resort is something to try at least once. Try it early in the trip so you don't regret having wasted your time on the "clothed" beach. We found it totally liberating and now spend 80 percent of our trip just relaxing in the buff.

Come to Couples, you won't regret it.
    Jens and Sue
    P.S. CSS is on a hill and has a lot of stairs to climb, good if you want to burn off all the good food.

I would go with CTI. The beach can't compare to the ones in Negril, but CTI is beautiful and fun. There is lots to do on the resort and the swim up bar is lively in the afternoons. I think CSS would be more lush and intimate if that is what you are going for. Really any of them will be great. CSA is our favorite. Good luck deciding.

CSS for sure! And make sure you visit Sunset Beach the first day!!

We are 28 and 29 and had some of the same thoughts. However, our goal is romance. We've done the party scene - and can do it at home or find it at any resort if we need to! We ended up choosing CSS for the romance and beauty factor and go in a month!! That being said, even with CSS you can take the free trip to Margaritaville which from the sounds of this board is one big young party at night! That excursion is offered from any resort.