Default What one offsite excursion would you recommend (besides DRF)?

We've been to CTI and CSS each one time and are returning to CSS in about 6 weeks. I'd love to do an offsite excursion. What have you done that you'd recommend? (We've done Dunns River Falls and Margaritaville).

We haven't been to the Ocho side yet but will be there in 9 days! We want to try the horseback riding and possibly the zipline. I've heard good things about both.

Horseback ocean ride is nice but we really had fun doing the ziplining!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Its a whole day out but I would recommend the Black River, YS Falls and Appleton Rum Factory Tour- you will see a lot of Jamaica and have some fun.

Horseback riding in the ocean. Had a great experience with a company called Hooves!

Depends where you are staying? If you are staying in Ocho Rio's and are a big Bob Marley fan, I would recommend to go the place where he is buried. If you are staying on the Negril side, I strongly recommend the Pelican Bar. It is a bar made out of driftwood in the ocean. It is amazing!!

We just did the tubing on the white river and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!!!! We also heard several people talk about the blue mountain bicycle ride. Apparently it was just that awesome so I'm sure we're gonna try it next time we go.

We stayed at CSS in August 2011 and went Horseback riding. The ride was AMAZING. You start at the top of a "mountain" and ride through what was sort of like a "forest" with bright orange and blue crabs. It was AMAZING. Halfway through to the beach, it started POURING. In about 30 seconds I was soaked! It was incredible. The storm was equipped with thunder and lightning and the horses were amazing and never spooked (which was great because my husband had never been on a horse and was a little afraid haha). Once we got out of the forest, we were on the beach. We stopped at a little hut for souvenir buying and then continued on to the ocean. The ocean ride was incredible as well. The horses are really fun!

The experience was just great. HOWEVER, when we got back to the site, they really tried haggling us into buying more things after we had already paid for the ride through CSS. My husband dropped his sunglasses and one of the guides picked them up and returned them to him, but really wanted a tip after it. My hubby only had 5 dollars on him (our fault we didn't bring more money) but he gave them the 5. The guide then scoffed and asked "is that all you are going to give me for bringing you to this beautiful place, and then also returning your glasses?". It really turned us off.

I don't know if anyone else had a similar experience but it was a little weird.

Like I said before, we had an amazing time during the ride and the front guide was hilarious and compassionate. The back guide was the issue.

We went to the luminous lagoons years ago, when CTI was still COR. It was amazing, took a long time to get there go, and it's best when the water is warm (summer)... it's a night excursion

Dolphin Cove is fabulous! We have been there every time we go to Jamaica. We will be back there in May! Can't wait.

We are going in May and want to do Dolphin Cove.... Lisa what do you recommend??

Quote Originally Posted by thewooduls View Post
    We stayed at CSS in August 2011 and went Horseback riding. The ride was AMAZING. You start at the top of a "mountain" and ride through what was sort of like a "forest" with bright orange and blue crabs. It was AMAZING. Halfway through to the beach, it started POURING. In about 30 seconds I was soaked! It was incredible. The storm was equipped with thunder and lightning and the horses were amazing and never spooked (which was great because my husband had never been on a horse and was a little afraid haha). Once we got out of the forest, we were on the beach. We stopped at a little hut for souvenir buying and then continued on to the ocean. The ocean ride was incredible as well. The horses are really fun!

The experience was just great. HOWEVER, when we got back to the site, they really tried haggling us into buying more things after we had already paid for the ride through CSS. My husband dropped his sunglasses and one of the guides picked them up and returned them to him, but really wanted a tip after it. My hubby only had 5 dollars on him (our fault we didn't bring more money) but he gave them the 5. The guide then scoffed and asked "is that all you are going to give me for bringing you to this beautiful place, and then also returning your glasses?". It really turned us off.

I don't know if anyone else had a similar experience but it was a little weird.

Like I said before, we had an amazing time during the ride and the front guide was hilarious and compassionate. The back guide was the issue.
    I can understand your frustration. But just like the shuttle bus drivers from the airport to the hotel (and vice versa), they are not Couples employees. Even though you paid for the excursion at CSS, that doesn't include any tip. I agree the guides comment was rude and unnecessary.

We really enjoyed the Mystic Mountain bobsled ride. You can also zip-line there.

I second the Pelican Bar excursion, it was so much fun and the type of place you will never see again, most likely any place in the world!

Firefly, the Noel Coward estate and also on site is Capt. Morgan's house.

9 Mile, but only if you are a Bob fan.

I second the Bobsled ride! the chair lift to the top is great for pics too.

Wow! Great ideas! And so many I'd not even heard of. Thank you for responding!

Any other recommendations or reviews?