Default First Trip to Jamaica ...CSA (May 2013)

We are officially booked for May to CSA!! I am so happy to have come across this site. I do a lot of research on TripAdvisor, but finding this message board is a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips!! We are just over 2 months away from our first trip to Jamaica and can't wait. We have been to Mexico and DR a few times, but one of our travelling couples have been to Jamaica before and they said once you get a taste of this spot, there is no returning to the others! I just hope they enjoy CSA (They have been Sandal people!!) and this will be their trip to Negril and introduction to Couples Resorts.
    If there are any tips or suggestions to make this vacation even better I'm all ears! I do know it will be an adjustment to not tip while at the resort, other than the non-couple employees.
    Thanks again for all your help.
    Cheers
    Ken & Carla

Hi Ken and Carla! You will LOVE CSA! We are headed back in May as well for trip #12 (3rd to CSA). I have some packing tips and resort tips that we've picked up over the years that I keep in a Word document - happy to share - amy.welch@Hotmail.com
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

You guys are going to LOVE CSA!!! If you booked any of the verandah suites, ask for a corner room. The balcony is open on the side and you also have more natural light coming in because there is a window. Right after you check in, go ahead and make your catamaran and restaurant reservations. It's just one less thing to think about. Also, make sure to sign up for Romance Rewards on this site. You can take advantage of the Trading Spaces program and check out the other Negril resort. Don't forget to pre check in here on this site also. You can fill out your mini bar order and the things will already be there when you arrive. Check out the Martini Bar above the Palms restaurant and go snorkeling during the first slot of the day. You made a great choice.

And as far as the no tipping policy.....I love it! I love being able to put my wallet in the safe the first day and not even worrying about money unless I need to buy a souvenir or something. It's a type of freedom that really makes vacation more relaxing. I think you're going to love it. Let us know what you think after you come back. CSA ROCKS!!!!

Just wanted to come on here and thank Amy for her email. She sent me all kinds of helpfull tips for the resort and what to pack. We all know the more experienced traveller the less chance to over pack!! Thanks Amy for your help. We are so excited to get to the CSA!!

You're going to LOVE CSA! Going back 4/12-21 for MY 4th time; my fiancee's 20+th. This trip we're getting married on 4/20! I would advise you to read this page fully (and take a few things with a grain of sand/salt). There's a reason there are so many repeaters! Mark my words, you'll re-book before you leave to go home! One note on tipping- the spa is FABULOUS and you DO tip your spa attendants. Make your appointments early. Enjoy!!

31 Days to go......Trip #2
    Last week I went out and bought 2 five pound bags of miniature chocolates (the kind you hand out during Halloween) to show our appreciation. We leave a handfull on the bed in the morning for the housekeeping staff and do the same at night for when the turndown service comes through. Found out before our first trip from the forum that this is an appreciated gesture that is totally acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by cfthunder View Post
    Just wanted to come on here and thank Amy for her email. She sent me all kinds of helpfull tips for the resort and what to pack. We all know the more experienced traveller the less chance to over pack!! Thanks Amy for your help. We are so excited to get to the CSA!!
    Second that for AMY! got advice and packing list from her about 4 years ago and share it with several people that have gone with us and it has never failed. Also search the boards for must haves or do not forget as there are some crazy wish I would have thought of that stuff that is very helpful.

We will be at CSA May 1-8 for our first trip. Amy also gave us some awesome info!! If you will be there whole we are there look us up... We will have a drink!

Amy's "the Man" lol. My wife and I will be at CSA May 11-18, would have liked to have met she and hubby, good luck to you 2 and your 'new addition'.

Thanks for all the tips. There must be something working with this resort..lots of returnees, means a happy bunch of guests!! Will continue to research, time is ticking!! May 10-17 is sneaking up :-)

Margi- Hi , We are also Newbies who will be in Jamaica for the first time in 25 days!!!! I saw that you mentioned that you can pre-check in here on the website and pre-order your mini bar items and such... How do I do that? I cant find where it is on the site! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Margi View Post
    You guys are going to LOVE CSA!!! If you booked any of the verandah suites, ask for a corner room. The balcony is open on the side and you also have more natural light coming in because there is a window. Right after you check in, go ahead and make your catamaran and restaurant reservations. It's just one less thing to think about. Also, make sure to sign up for Romance Rewards on this site. You can take advantage of the Trading Spaces program and check out the other Negril resort. Don't forget to pre check in here on this site also. You can fill out your mini bar order and the things will already be there when you arrive. Check out the Martini Bar above the Palms restaurant and go snorkeling during the first slot of the day. You made a great choice.

And as far as the no tipping policy.....I love it! I love being able to put my wallet in the safe the first day and not even worrying about money unless I need to buy a souvenir or something. It's a type of freedom that really makes vacation more relaxing. I think you're going to love it. Let us know what you think after you come back. CSA ROCKS!!!!

Amy - this is awesome of you to share!

Amy rocks!!! She hooked me up with pictures and extremely helpful advice, PRICELESS!!!

+1!!!!

She's amazing!!