Thread: Diving at CSS

Hybrid View

Default Diving at CSS

Hi Friends,

We're going for our first visit to CSS in October. I'm very interested in the diving b/c it looks like a great time. I've never done it before but I love the ocean and snorkeling so I know I will love scuba too.

Can someone tell me what PADI certified diving course is? Is the Open Water course enough to go scuba diving at CSS? I'd like to get my certification before going to the resort so that I am ready to go.

If you have any tips or fun stories, I'd love to hear them. I'm so excited!

Thanks!

Lori

Yes, the PADI open water certain is all you should need. It cost us about $400 each and about 5 weeks for our certification.

You are allowed one free dive, even without any certification. You will take a short course in the monring, and head out for a dive at around 11:00 AM. If you want to get PADI certified, you can do it at Couples. Takes 2 - 3 days and requires I believe 4 dives. Once certified by Couples, all future dives are free. I am unsure if Open Water certification is enough to allow you to dive.

Thanks so much for the info. I think this first time we're going to try the resort course and the included dive. Then if we like it-we'll take the open water course locally. They offer it at our YMCA. Then we'll be prepared for next year's vacation!

I have been to CSS 3 times. The first 2 visits I did the resort course dive. Loved it so much that I did PADI open water at local dive center. Last visit I did 9 dives in ten days. The dive ream at CSS are great and this May I plan doing my advanced open water with them.

Default SCUBA options

Options:
    1. Do the entire PADI course at home.
    2. Do the entire PADI course at CSS.
    3. Do all the book work, pool work, and testing at home, get a 'referral' from your dive instructor, then just complete your four dives there at CSS. Voila - you're PADI certified.
    SCUBA is our family thing, trying at least once per year to get to the Caribbean for a week. Our kids have some phenomenal memories.