Default Couples Negril Versus Couples Swept Away???

Hi! My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon for end of May/June 2014. We definitely want to stay at a Couples resort and think we have narrowed down the decision to between Couples Negril and Couples Swept Away, as Negril looks beautiful and we would like to be on the beach. For those of you who have been to both, which would you recommend to us and the reasons why?
    Many thanks in advance for your help

Flamegirl, trip #5 to csa in 36 days so you know which one we like better. The beach is longer, we like the option of walking down seven mile beach. I felt trapped on cn beach. Csa has more restaurants and the overall look of the resort is more beautiful than cn imo. If you would like some pics and video, email me at clemons371@gmail.com

Our first trip came down to CSA & CN. We opted for CN, preferring the compact size of the resort, Bloody Bay, deeper beach...but as others will say, you can't go wrong with either. (this is completely ridiculous, but the name "couples swept away" was just too cheesy for me at the time, I didn't tell that to my wife, but was secretly happy that we picked CN...but I am over that now)

Honeymoon - CSA
    Party 10 years later - CN
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    Flamegirl, trip #5 to csa in 36 days so you know which one we like better. The beach is longer, we like the option of walking down seven mile beach. I felt trapped on cn beach. Csa has more restaurants and the overall look of the resort is more beautiful than cn imo. If you would like some pics and video, email me at clemons371@gmail.com
    Thanks for the info and response. CSA is definitely your favourite having visited it 5 times! However, I am wondering how you felt trapped on cn beach? I've sent you an email anyway.

Hey flamegirl I posted something very similar to this back around November called CSA vs. CN if you wanna look it up I got many great opinions and comments. I too was very torn between the two resorts for our Honeymoon in May 2014. Overall they are both great but we just liked CSA a little bit more so that was the winner for us! If you go with CSA let me know maybe we will run into each other!

To softail19 I may be emailing you I would love to see some more pics and the video you have of CSA

. . .The beach [at CSA] is longer, we like the option of walking down seven mile beach. I felt trapped on cn beach . . . .
    You felt "trapped" on a two-mile stretch of beach?

We've been to all four Couples Resorts for a total of 19 trips, and CN is our favorite. Each resort has its fans, and it's really impossible for anyone on the MB to know which is better suited to you. Different people have different preferences, and that my husband and I prefer CN doesn't mean that you will.

There is a lot of information on this site to help you select a resort. Take the photo tours, read information on accommodation and dining options, read the MB, and look at photos posted by guests on the photos meta-thread on the MB. There will likely be something that appeals to you in particular, and you should choose the resort that offers that thing. If you still can't decide, at least you'll have acquired enough information that will enable you to ask precise questions designed to elicit details that will enable you to make a choice.

As far as Seven Mile Beach is concerned, both CN and CSA are located on Seven Mile Beach. Seven Mile Beach is comprised of Long Bay, which is approximately five miles in length, and Bloody Bay, which is approximately two miles in length. CSA is located on Long Bay and shares the bay with numerous bars, restaurants, shops, and other resorts. CN is located on Bloody Bay and shares the bay with three other resorts.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Negril has more of the hotel feel and maybe a little more modern rooms. CSA has more of a tropical feel which we like more. The beach at CSA is bigger and there is more to walk and see. CSA has a much bigger sports complex.

We prefer CSA. We will be there the end of June next year so go then and I'll buy you a drink.

Both are great, if you want to indulge in AN go to CN, if not either is a great choice, if you like very long beach walks go to CSA, it is about 5 miles end to end, CN beach Bloody Bay is about two miles long, CSA is larger, CN smaller. Otherwise both have great food and great staff, pick one and register for Romance rewards and visit the other once or twice while you are there.

People love them both so it's definitely just a matter of personal opinion. We have been to them both so I'm happy to share our pics - amy.welch@Hotmail.com

If you still can't decide, just book a split stay between the two - best of both worlds! They are only five minutes apart so you won't lose any time in travel. We are headed back for trip #12 this April/May, doing a split with CTI and CSA. It will be our third time to CSA but we will have booked CSA for June 2014 before we leave.

Here are some quick differences between the two:
    CN (Negril)- Sits in Bloody Bay which it shares with 3 other resorts and public beach access. Separate section of main beach used for nude sunbathing, separated by a hedgeline. Individual buildings throughout the resort for the rooms. All on beach level. Somewhat spread out. Huge main pool with swim-up bar. 4 restaurants (Beach grill/Heliconia, Otaheite, Lychee, Cassava Terrace). Rooms decorated in bright colors. 24 hour room service only in select room categories and it must be ordered a day in advance. All rooms have mini bars. 234 rooms.

CSA (Negril)- Sits on 7 mile beach - shallowest water and deepest beach of all 4 because it's the only one not in a small Bay. Separate buildings for rooms that are cabana like, dark wood and white linens. Resort is spread out along the beach but all on beach level. Only resort with rooms right on the beach where you can walk off your first floor patio into sand. Night Club. Some room categories do not have televisions. 6 restaurants (Palms, Patois, Lemon Grass, Feathers, Beach Grill, Sea Grape cafe). No nude sunbathing option. Huge sports and fitness complex across the street. 312 rooms.

Hope this helps!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Here's a comparison I did a couple of years ago. You can't go wrong with either.

http://couples.com/mb/couples-main-m...arisons-14679/

This is one of the greatest debates and honestly it is a personal preference for everyone.

I would disagree with softail and have to say that Couples Negril is better. We recently tried CSA and both myhusband and I like CN better. Found CSA very inpersonable by the staff. Not a huge change in menu (especially lunches). We liked the intimate atmosphere of CN, found entertainment facility better at CN and enjoyed their bars and restaurants more. And we found the water calmer (maybe because it was in a bay)
    Couple things CSA has over CN - their balconies on their rooms and their sports facility. That sports facility is very impressive at CSA never seen one like that in our many travels all over the caribbean.
    Sure the long walking on the beach is nice, but in the week we were there we only walked it twice and the second time was only because we wanted to go back and buy something we didnt bring money for the time before. Once you do it, you have done it. Not something we would do every day. If it is running on beach etc that you like there is 2 miles of beach at CN.
    What we will do in future is stay at CN and take a taxi over to 5 mile beach to walk it one day, or do the trading places to utilize the beach, but if my choice, we wouldnt go back to CSA, it will be CN 100%.

To each their own though and everyone will have their own preference. You can not go wrong no matter which resort you choose. It is a matter of preference, both are spectacular!

Trust me when I tell you whichever Couple you choose you will not be dissapointed.

We've been t Negril twice and tried CSA last year, we're going back to CSA this year.

Everything about the ressorts are similar as far as food, service, ammentities, etc. the big differences are:
    No nude beach at CSA
    Longer beach at CSA
    Wider beach at CN
    Hotel style room blocks at CN
    Rooms at CSA are more "Cabana" style
    Grounds at CSA are a little more "tropical" and spread out
    Pool and Swim-up bar are larger at CN

My PERSONAL observation was that CSA is more romantic and not as "social" as CN - but that could be because we chose last eyar to make our vacation more about just us and less about making life-long friends.

Oh - before I forget - hands down difference that makes CSA better - - they have NATASHA at the beach bar!!!

Seriously though - ignore everything else and look at the room categories and resort maps - regardless of what Couples you end up at, the service, food, drink, entertainment, ambiance, atmosphere, and enviornment will far surpass anywhere else you're ever going to find.

Flamegirl,

It all depends on what's important to you as to which is better. Here's a little contrast/comparison between them:
    - CSA has a longer beach (though not as deep) when compared to CN.
    - CN has clearer/calmer water than CSA.
    - CN encourages guest activities more than CSA.
    - CSA is a larger resort (more spead out) with the restaurants/non-living areas at the ends of the resort while CN is more compact (not much) with those areas being more central.
    - CSA has more restaurant choices.
    - CN's living areas are in 9 3-story buildings (hotel style) while CSA has many individual multi-unit buildings.
    - CSA has a larger/better fitness area (located across the street).
    Each person who gives their opinion will tell why they think one resort is better than the other but, like other things, some opinions are better than others. To that end, it's more important that you determine what you think is best. Then comes the fun of making reservations, going and finding out. Oh by the way...don't forget to sign up for Romance Rewards so you can do the Trading Places visit to the other resort for a day. Nothing better than planning your next Couples Resort visit!

Enjoy whichever resort you choose,

Bart & Bug

Flamegirl, that question has been asked hundreds of times and my answer would be it depends on what you value. They both have awesome beaches but I prefer CN as it is much deeper and the water is a calmer as it sits on Bloody Bay. You don't get quite so many people walking by selling things. CN is a smaller resort and has a friendlier vibe than CSA in my opinion. CN also allows nude sunbathing if you are into that. The main pool is a central gathering place and the swim-up bar is awesome. There is about 2 miles of beach to walk on and you can go by the Office of Nature to have fun with the locals and have some fresh cooked lobster. On the other hand, CSA sits on Long Bay and it is about 5 miles long and it is fun to walk by all of the shops and other resorts on the beach. If rooms are important to you I think CSA is a better choice. We stay in the atrium suites and love the hammock and patio. CSA also has a GREAT sports center with a lap pool and other facilities that are superior to CN. The lay out of the resort is odd because they added on to an existing resort. Pools and restaurants are at either end of the resort instead of a central location. You can't go wrong with either choice and it seems people fall in love with which ever one they try first. We were married and CN so it will always hold a special place in our hearts. We are staying at CSA this July and will take a day trip to CN to say hello to old friends. Good luck!

We have been to CN two times and going back in Dec 2013. We have not been to CSA but I have heard on both trips from other guests who were there on the split trip. 4 days at one location and 3 days at CN. All 5 couples we spoke with said the same thing.
    "If we had known this place (CN) was like this we would have stayed here the whole time". I cant compare the two because as I said before we have only been to CN but will not go anywhere else because of our experiences there. Always a super time. I am sure you will enjoy wherever you go.

We like the option of exploring long bay at csa. We like the long walks daily. I didn't like the fact that you had to walk by the nude beach and the only thing to visit is office of nature. It was the same for us at css. My hubby cannot just sit there all day long and I prefer more action and options too. Some prefer the private beach feeling. We don't. We did enjoy the really nice pool and I have to say we have spent much time on csa's beach where the water is like glass. Cns water might be calmer I don't know but I've found the csa beach to be just about perfect.

Our background: Trip 1 was to CSA...loved it. Trip 2, due to a mobility issue, we chose CN because it is more compact and required less walking...loved it too. So much so that for trip 3, with mobility no longer an issue, we want back to CN but did a 1 day visit to CSA. Loved CN again but also remembered all the things we liked about CSA. So trip 4 is now booked for CSA.

Both resorts are fantastic and you can't make a bad choice. I agree with most of what's been posted so I won't repeat it. But I will make/emphasize 3 key points.

1. The single biggest difference IMO is the fitness facilities. If that's important to you, then CSA is the easy choice.
    2. The claim that the water is calmer or clearer at CN due to being on smaller, less crowded Bloody Bay makes perfect sense....but that has not been our experience. The difference is small but we've actually had calmer water at CSA. I don't think this should be a decision factor either way.
    3. We found CSA to have a more romantic feel...couples spending their time as couples, with relatively little group interaction. It seemed a bit quieter. CN had a more social feel...couples enjoying meeting and hanging out with other couples. You're more likely to find a party at the swim-up bar or new friends hanging out together in the hot tubs at CN, for example. Which is why a previous poster suggested CSA for the honeymoon and CN 10 years later! It depends on what you're lookin for.

The best advice we got on this board was to read the reviews, look at the pictures, and see which resort calls to you. You can't go wrong.

Good luck and enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamerinadians View Post
    . . . The single biggest difference IMO is the fitness facilities. If that's important to you, then CSA is the easy choice . . . .
    I disagree that CSA is the easy choice is you're concerned about the fitness facilities. I agree that CSA has a more expansive fitness facility than CN, but CSA's cardio and weight machines are in an open-air facility, while its studio is air-conditioned. CN is the opposite. The studio is in an open-air space, while the cardio equipment and weight machines are in an air-conditioned room.

In my experience, it is simply too hot to work out in an open-air space at any time other than in the early morning. I've seen someone overcome by the heat while working out in an open-air space on almost every one of my 19 trips to all four of the Couples Resorts. Which has the workout space better suited to any particular person really depends on what they prefer to do when they workout and when they prefer to workout.
    Pamela

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    . . . CN (Negril)- Sits in Bloody Bay which it shares with 3 other resorts and public beach access . . . 24 hour room service only in select room categories and it must be ordered a day in advance . . . .

CSA (Negril)- Sits on 7 mile beach . . . .
    A couple of corrections here:

(1) Couples Negril does not have 24-hour room service in any room category. A continental breakfast is available via room service in all room categories and may be ordered the evening before. Guests staying in a suite have the option of in-suite dining for dinner in the evening, and arrangements for this dinner must be made 24 hours in advance.

(2) Both Couples Negril and Couples Swept Away sit on Seven Mile Beach. Seven Mile Beach is comprised of Long Bay, which is approximately five miles in length, and Bloody Bay, which is approximately two miles in length. CSA sits on Long Bay, while CN sits on Bloody Bay.
    Pamela

Pamela does that mean that CSA does have 24 hr room service?

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie_miller2525 View Post
    Pamela does that mean that CSA does have 24 hr room service?
    No. I'm not sure how my post could be interpreted to mean that. Amy posted information on the differences between CN and CSA and indicated that CN had 24-hour room service. I responded by indicating that CN did not have 24-hour room service. I don't know how that could be interpreted to mean that CSA does.

BTW, you can get a continental breakfast in your room at CSA, but the last time we stayed there in 2008, that was the extent of room service at that resort.
    Pamela