Thread: Liquor in room

Default Liquor in room

Can anyone tell me, if you can get top shelf liquor in your room minibar

You can, but at a charge. House liquor is provided free. Appleton rum was in our room last time along with some other names we did not recognize - but we didn't have a problem with it. We're more wine drinkers anyway.
    Susan & Chris
    CTI 2003, 2004
    CSS 2008, 2013!

No, it's not top shelf but here is what you get:

• Pepsi, Diet Pepsi (no Coke), Ting, Ginger Ale, Sprite/7-Up
    • Appleton Rum
    • Vodka
    • Gin
    • Whiskey
    • Tonic Water
    • Soda Water
    • Clamato, Cranberry, Orange, Pineapple Juices
    • Red Wine
    • White Wine
    • Sparkling Wine
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

I emailed them about this and they said there is a request form in your room, where you can request the types of wines and alcohol you want. Hopefully that includes top shelf!

From other posts I read the answer is yes, for an extra charge. If you serch you might find the price list someone posted. The way I understand it is, if you want cheap "well" vodka then its included, if you wan to upgrade to say a bottle of Absoulute for $36 you can do so. At least this is the way I understand it.

The rum is always Appleton, which I consider a top-shelf liquor. However, the vodka, whiskey, and gin are kind of no-name brands. Having said that, you can get all the top-shelf liquor you want at the various bars. Think of the costs that Couples would incur if everyone wanted a bottle of Grey Goose in their room. It really would be cost prohibitive.

It all depends where it is stored. CSS has a high shelf in the closet that worked well for us.

Yes... It's an up charge though $$$.

Yes, but the top shelf stuff you must pay a fee. The house stuff is free.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyslotz View Post
    Can anyone tell me, if you can get top shelf liquor in your room minibar
    Last time we were there was Aug of 2011. Couples Negril, on the bar card in the room there is a box you can check for rum to be left in the room. I checked it thinking we would get a couple little bottles like on a plane. We came back to the room to find a full bottle like a litre,a fifth whatever those sizes are these days, of Appleton Estate Rum. It was awesome.

We have been to Couples several times, I was unaware you could purchase an upgade for the mini bar. I am always disappointed that they did not have any whiskey except for "Scotch Whisky" Is it possible to puchase some?

I kept the mini bar list from our trip to CSS in December 2012. Since this subject seems to come up often, here's the Upgrade items and prices. These prices are for full bottles in your room. These are available in your drinks at the bars of course and there are included in the all-inclusive package price. There is a bar close to pretty much every room, so unless you like to drink early in the morning (no one's judging you), we found we didn't use the mini-bar much (except for early morning drinking). You can also get drinks with your breakfast. Mimosa's and Bloody Mary's.

Appleton VX Rum $30
    Absolut Vodka $36
    Grey Goose Vodka $61
    Stolichnaya $35
    Bombay Gin $47
    Tanqueray Gin $33
    Johnny Walker Black $68
    Crown Royal $59
    Jack Daniels $58
    Canadian Club $35
    Seagrams VO Whiskey $38
    Bailey's Irish Cream $30
    Rum Cream $13
    Heineken $4
    Guinness $4
    Miller Light $4

For items w/o an up charge, Amy's list is just about spot on except except Coke and Diet Coke, no Pepsi and Sprite, not 7-up. The brands on the included booze are Appleton Rum, Kirov Vodka, Gilchrest Gin, and Highlander Whisky.

S/F
    Scott and June

can you use resort credits to pay for the upgrages? I would like the Bailey's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by zaraforty View Post
    can you use resort credits to pay for the upgrages? I would like the Bailey's for sure.
    If you like Bailey's, make sure you give the Rum Cream a try.

As far as resort credits, its not specifically mentioned and I'm unsure. Here's what the FAQ says.

RESORT CREDIT PROMOTIONS

From time to time, Couples Resorts may introduce various promotional offers which include resort credits. A resort credit can be applied to room category upgrades (subject to availability), spa and salon services, private dinners, photos and photo packages from resort photographers, telephone charges dialed from room, general manager's special wine list, night snorkeling, night dives, gift shop or romance packages. Resort Credit is non-transferable, non-redeemable and expires at check-out.

Couples Resorts | Frequently Asked Questions | Travel, Jamaica, Resort Info

S/F
    Scott and June

Was wondering if you can take the mini bar upgrade items with you when you check out. I ask because we will only be at CSS for 4 night and dont think we can finish a whole bottle. After our stay at CSS we are tranfering to CSA; were as of our last stay you couldn't get upgrades to mini bar. We would never take anything that comes standard with the mini bar but if we are paying extra for a bottle of rum cream and Appleton VX Rum ...... Maybe?

I would. You bought it. I see no difference between this or a bottle of sunscreen purchased in the gift shop.

S/F
    Scott and June

Does anyone know what kind of beer they have?

Okay - Wife is a wino- no I mean she enjoys a glass of wine with dinner - { she just hit me } . Can I get the type of wine the house white is? Pinot Grigo, S.Blanc, Chardonnay???

I had heard that a bottle of Kim Crawford may be available for upcharge?

Thanks.

Fridge in room may have small Red Stripes, however cans of CARIB have usually been available. Will enjoy my last one at home (attached) prior to our departure to CSS in 12 days!Name:  image.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  300.5 KB