Hybrid View

Default Shade at Negril AN

Looking foward to our trip to CN in 5 weeks and 1 day. It's been several years since we were at CN (went to CSS the last 3 times) and I'm wondering if they now have the palapa's like CSS. I remember there being some shade from a tree but there wasn't a lot and it was often crowded underneath. Being of fair skin it is important that I not stay in the sun all day. Even with sunscreen I'd end up like a burnt lobster which would not be good for multiple reasons!

Name:  IMAG0073.2.jpg
Views: 1576
Size:  305.1 KBName:  IMAG0070.2.jpg
Size:  277.7 KB

Yes plenty of shade in the AN area, we spend alot of time there ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris&Denny View Post
    Name:  IMAG0073.2.jpg
Size:  305.1 KBName:  IMAG0070.2.jpg
Size:  277.7 KB

Yes plenty of shade in the AN area, we spend alot of time there ourselves.
    Thank you for this. It makes me feel a lot better. I was concerned because I read there are no umbrellas or palapas.

Plenty of Shade, Plenty of Sun... There are a couple of trees there, near the water, AND Lots of trees further back & toward the sides. Can't wait to get back home.... 5/31 - 6/9/13....

Quote Originally Posted by Belmar View Post
    Plenty of Shade, Plenty of Sun... There are a couple of trees there, near the water, AND Lots of trees further back & toward the sides. Can't wait to get back home.... 5/31 - 6/9/13....
    Hi Belmar...My husband (Ricky) and I (Linda) will be at CN and at the AN beach. Hope to meet you and your wife. We are counting down the days til we get home again. This is our 4th visit.

You won't have a problem with shade at CN's AN beach. There are several trees, even a large hammock! Have fun!

To anyone concerned about shade on the AN beach:
    It's hit or miss, as far as shade is concerned. There are a few spots on the beach.. but if you are not there early they get grabbed up. We snorkel in the morning and find when we finally get to go down the spots are taken. We feel guilty if we go down early and put towels on chairs.. so it's our own fault. You'll figure it out when you get there.. just keep in mind that if you go too late.. the shade will be monopolized!

That's very unfortunate to hear. We are both fair skinned and a lack of available shade may make us change our minds about using that part of the beach. That would be disappointing. We are not very good about racing to the beach and playing the towel game. We find that distasteful.

Quote Originally Posted by zany2some View Post
    That's very unfortunate to hear. We are both fair skinned and a lack of available shade may make us change our minds about using that part of the beach. That would be disappointing. We are not very good about racing to the beach and playing the towel game. We find that distasteful.
    You don`t have to play the towel game. Wifey and I have always found shade. No problem mon. Just go. You will find shade and you will probably have a great time.
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!

Hi Zany, for what it's worth, we have been to CN 8 times and have never had a problem with shade. One of the things we like about the AN beach is that we have never felt crowded and everyone we have met have been courteous and friendly. The idea of saving a chair at the AN beach never occurred to us. No problem mon. Let us know how you enjoyed it when you get back!

B and K

Wifey and I just got back from CN last week. There was always shade available. Most of the time we had a shade spot and a sun spot. I was actually surprised that there wasn't many people in the AN area. I guess June isn't a busy time.....???

Never seen it so crowded that you could not find shade. If some people are hogging the shade, just pull up a lounger next to them, say hi and make yourselves at home.