Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The following is a from a thread I started last year, and after reading it again, I can say it DOES GET WORSE!!!!! Did trip #2 last fall and trip #3 is coming up in 197 days, 22 hours, 6 minutes, and 35....34..33...32...31... seconds....

Figured I would start a support group for us "junkies".

Hi, my name is Lloyd and my wife is Gillian and we are Couples Junkies. ( you say `hi Lloyd and Gillian`). We have been sober now for 5 and a half months. Yes thank you for applauding. It all started last year when we were planning our honeymoon and decided CSS was the place to go. We heard lots of great things about Couples and thought what harm could come from such a beautiful place. We were wrong. it started innocently when we arrived and got a big "welcome home" and as each day passed with all the splendor of CSS, we quickly became addicted. Sandy beaches, great food, being spoiled, great people, and so much more. It was a sad day when we had to leave. Since then it has been a nightmare. Everyday is spent thinking of Jamaica and Couples. The craving of being there has consumed us and we feel lost. Our kids think we need help. Our friends think we are nuts but we just can't shake the need to be there. The cravings get worse and worse each day. I am sad to say that we broke down a month ago and booked our return for October 2012, hoping that it may settle our desires, but it only made things worse. I now am counting down the long long days before we get there. Every time we hear reggae music or see a sandy beach, even on TV, we melt inside, our hearts race out of control, we get all dizzy, and we get an overwhelming desire to strip down to our birthday suits and lay on a lounge chair. Addiction is an evil monster that is very hard to handle. Maybe after our next trip, we may be able to get back to normal, and the cravings will be gone. Hopefully....
    I invite all the `junkies`to stand up and post so that we have the knowledge that we are not alone in our battle with Couples addiction.
    Thank you for listening.

Hi, my name is Richard. If checking the message board once to twice a day means you are addicted, then I am addicted.

I too would like to thank Randymon and all the Couples staff that keep this board going. It definately played a role in choosing Couples when we were planning our first trip to the Caribbean.

218 days and counting to our second trip to CSS.
    Richard

CSS November 2010
    CSS October 2013

I would be addicted to this board if it weren't for the lag. I realize it is necessary in order to keep the board in order and achieving what Couples wants it to achieve. I get it. But it is still extremely annoying! When someone asks a simple question 30 people answer it because we can't see that the first repy answered the question. Other times we all seem to assume that someone else has probable already answered and so we don't answer in order not to add to the long line of redundant answers that often follow after a question is asked. Like I said, I understand why it is like this and feel it is Couples board and they can do what they want but is sure keeps me from getting addicted!
    Roy

Ours names are Jeff and Jessame and we are for sure addicts. Friday night and both on the message board. Jeff on the laptop and I on my tablet, the only cure I know of is stepping on that plane headed to blue skies and the beauty of Couples. Under 60 days!!!!

Yes I am . I check everyday.
    CSS OCT 2009
    CSS OCT 2011
    CSS OCT 2014

I agree with Roy and the lag. I do check about every other day, so not an addict per say, but an enthusiast.

But I love that this is an option! We're Noobs (CSS end of may!) and in the past I've used message boards to help determine what to do on trips. We even met up with some folks from a cruise a few years back. We haven't found "our" place yet- loved Mexico, but weren't impressed with the resorts there. Really hoping we're Couples people!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2