Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Loud Obnoxious Guests - CSS

I am writing this hoping that the "guests" that took over the hot tub above the Mineral Pool on a rainy day during the first week of March are members of this board and read this.
    Your drunken, screaming behavior in the Hot Tub was not appreciated! This is the "Spa Section" of the resort, and the tranquility should be adhered to. I pity anyone who had paid for a massage and had to listen to your group during the treatment!
    My wife and I were sitting on our Balcony in G Block when you decided to stagger up to the Spa Hot Tub after completing your drunken Pool Volley-ball game.
    After listening to you yell, curse, and disrupt everyone within ear-shot of you, I called the front desk and complained. When the poor staff member assigned to trying to quiet you down talked with you, what was your response… “Do you know who we are??? We’re F’n.... repeaters you know….”
    Hopefully, when you have returned home and sobered up, you will read this.
    Thanks for ruining a perfectly peaceful afternoon.
    Last edited by Artie; March 11th, 2013 at 03:52 PM.

Talk about giving repeaters a bad name. I agree, hopefully if these disrespectful folks are reading this so they can now feel ashamed of their behavior. Alas, it seems all resorts have this type of event once in awhile...

There are always bad apples somewhere. Sad that especially repeaters would behave that way - they should know better - as should anyone over the age of 5. Sorry you had a bad day, but hopefully it was a one time occurrence. I'm sure they paid for it one way or another since the hangover cure post didn't come up till a few days ago LOL!
    Susan & Chris
    CTI 2003, 2004
    CSS 2008, 2013!

Well said! My technique would be after they were obnoxious to the staff to confront them directly. Then again I am 6"2 280 lbs. with an Irish temper. LOL! Well played, you did the right thing.

I hope he won't be a repeat guest when we are there in late Sept.

Really, no class. The swim up bar and CSA gets its share of woo-hoo for nothing.

Unfortunately, people who are "repeaters" seem to think that they have a God given right to do whatever the heck they think they should do while on vacay at Couples. There were comments about repeaters being inappropriate at TI, and CSS as well....

Really, what the h-e-double hockey sticks is WRONG with people who have to have such a closed minded "I've been here before and this is my vacay and this is how I play it" kind of attitude.....

And what the h-e-double hockey sticks is WRONG WITH COUPLES MANAGEMENT for allowing this horseshit to continue to happen?????

Way to go, Couples....

Love this post! Well said, and thank you!!!
    -Annaleis & Neil (It should be 2cats2dogs)
    www.facebook.com/dapfpod
    www.darkanglesandprettyfreaks.com

We are several time repeaters, and we abhor this type of behavior, it should not be allowed or tolerated whether a repeater or newbie.

Not all repeaters act like this I assure you... most are in the majority here who would never dream of treating others with this kind of disrespect, guests or staff, and can't stand to see it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by gonegril View Post
    Unfortunately, people who are "repeaters" seem to think that they have a God given right to do whatever the heck they think they should do while on vacay at Couples. There were comments about repeaters being inappropriate at TI, and CSS as well....

Really, what the h-e-double hockey sticks is WRONG with people who have to have such a closed minded "I've been here before and this is my vacay and this is how I play it" kind of attitude.....

And what the h-e-double hockey sticks is WRONG WITH COUPLES MANAGEMENT for allowing this horseshit to continue to happen?????

Way to go, Couples....
    Your generalization of repeaters is obnoxious in itself. Not everyone who is a repeat guest behaves this way. And we're all adults here - you can say "Hell".

gonegril, lets not throw around generalities now. Not ALL repeaters are like that and I'd even dare to say most would find that behavior reprehensible. I do and I'm about to go for my 4th trip. I'm no long time repeater like some, but still...
    Susan & Chris
    CTI 2003, 2004
    CSS 2008, 2013!

Great idea using the board !!!!! I am sure if these people were "repeaters" they read the posts sometimes. Let's hope they see this and realize that being a first time, or a twenty time visit to Couples does not give you the right of being a jerk. It's too bad they had to take out thier boorishness on the wonderful staff. I would suggest that the on duty staff would make a note of who they are and have someone remind them when they re-book , about thier rude behavior is not wanted by Couples or the other guests.

We had the displeasure during our last visit as well w/ some folks that you'd think had never been out of the house before. And to top it off we were at Lemongrass having dinner. OMG. Woooohooooo'ing and such. "Dang baby, look they put a shrimp in that there coconut, how cool is that!! !! ! "

Not sure what to do to help reduce but I have some ideas and we expressed them in our survey.

If you're obviously loaded, they shouldn't seat you for dinner. Give you a bag of chips and send you back on your way.
    Take the dress code up a notch for lunch and dinners ( I know - 'prolly not a popular idea) The notion is that yucksters don't want to dress for dinner, so maybe they'll just stay in their room...again probably won't garner a lot of support.
    Include some kind of verbiage at check in that is in alignment with CSA's core values and mission and ergo any behaviors contrary to such will be dealt with by leadership staff.
    Raise minimum age to stay...that can impact the bottom line.

Enduring people behaving badly really does make us uncomfortable, it's an awkward situation. We're not especially uptight (okay, maybe a little). Perhaps we are more embarrassed than anything else. Just wish that common courtesy was more common.

I am not surprised to hear of the the poor behavior or that some are generalizing this behavior to repeaters or Americans. It's individuals that are being disrespectful and they should be the ones that bear the brunt of other guests dissatisfaction. I have endured much of the same antics at CN where groups gather at the pool bar and scream and lose their mind as new group members arrive at the resort. Rather than stew or confront them, I laugh at how this is a first world problem. We are all so very lucky and privileged to be able to be a guest at couples and enjoy all it has to offer with our dearest love. When you think how special these times we get to spend together are, it is easy to focus on the beauty rather than the small inconveniences you will inevitably encounter.

To the credit of couples staff, I have seen them manage situations efficiently and with tact at Otaheite when a man was clearly overly intoxicated. He wasn't loud or obnoxious but you could tell he was wasted. The couple were quietly led out the door with calm and respect. Way to go Couples.

To be fair, I've seen the same behavior from short-timers there for a wedding. Rude, loud, lots of yelling and shot after shot...

It's a class issue. Some people just don't have any, and you certainly shouldn't generalize.

I realized I should have used the qualifier "some" before the word repeaters. Thank you for the vitriolic and non-vitriolic responses to my posting. Oh, and FYI I'm a 9 time repeater to CSA.

And Allans Angel - I was using the euphemism for the word "Hell" to add a tiny bit of levity to my otherwise serious rant, but I guess this was lost in translation somewhere. And thank you for clarifying that I could use the real word....

Rant over. Peace.

It's amazing to me that "we" as responsible adults, and guests of the resort are on here trying to fix the problem, when the people who are responsible are absent. I would like for one of them to come on here and explain themselves.

My personal favorite is the people that continued the party in the hallway outside our room at CTI several nights in a row. Is it too much to ask for a little quiet in the hallway at 2 am?

[Raise minimum age to stay...that can impact the bottom line.]

I've been reading this forum for a few weeks now. In no small part, the feedback from this forum has greatly affected our decision to choose this resort. I have enjoyed taking in the anecdotes, tips and experiences of long time repeaters as we eagerly await our very first trip to Couples. We have worked exceptionally hard for this vacation, and we are looking forward to meeting fellow guests of all ages to relax and have some laughs with. I am saddened to say that any post that generalizes the younger population of guests make me question whether or not our decision to select this resort was the right one. Are we not welcomed here?

We are a younger couple, and while we like to have fun, we are also very respectful, considerate and cognizant of those around us. While someone mentioned the generalization of repeaters, I am certain that the 'younger' Couples clientele (not to mention a clientele that will potentially continue to return and support the 'Couples' franchise for many years in the future) won't appreciate the generalization of being guests who loud or obnoxious guests either. Obnoxiousness holds no age limit (after all, I know 80 year old's who party harder than we do!).

Further, while I completely understand the Couples romantic/mellow atmosphere is a big part of its appeal, I am also willing to bet that those on vacation (regardless of age) would want to feel comfortable having a drink or two (in the appropriate venue, of course) and not feel judged. While it sounds like the patrons mentioned in the original post were particularly offensive (yes. there is no excuse for that), I hope that guests won't feel like they are being judged on their vacation for sharing a laugh or two, over drinks with friends.

We chose Couples, not only because of their location, activities and unique lush grounds, but we also chose Couples for what seems like a very fun and laid back/relaxed group of potential guests and long-time repeaters... I sincerely hope we made the right choice.

Just my two cents... No worries, Mon.

All the best to those vacationing soon.

ps. Please don't confuse my post as a "support" for the behaviour stated by the original poster. Disrespecting staff members is deplorable behaviour!

Quote Originally Posted by gonegril View Post

Way to go, Couples....
    I have to agree with a few others, most repeaters are not like this. We have been to CSS 5 times and we would never condone someone acting as this. And, neither would any of the people we see there each year. To be honest, I do not like being around anyone who is drunk, let alone those who act like these people did.
    Linda

I definitely see what everyone is upset about... but there is a time and place to do your "woohooing". These people were on vacation just like everyone else, paid just like everyone else, and were having a good time. Does that need to be in the spa portion of the resort...probably not....at the formal dinner...probably not. But I don't see anything wrong with people having a good time on their vacation. Maybe if Couples put signs up in the "tranquil" parts of the resorts stating something about noise and language that'd be the best idea.

I definitely don't think that the age limit needs to be raised!

The resorts are 18+, everyone has heard some sort of bad language sometime in their lives. They're just words...shouldn't let it affect your vacation! You're in paradise while many others (even on the same island you're staying on) don't have the luxury to do so.

I think drunk people can be more entertaining than the steel drum show...

1. Being dressed up has nothing to do with behavior/conduct; I'm sure we've all been to weddings where someone had too much
    2. Age doesn't either; the younger set may even hold their liquor better; again we've all seen that awkward drunk uncle at the wedding
    3. Having staff arbitrarily decide who is too drunk to seat is asking for trouble

I think the original poster handled it well; if it is really an issue call and ask the staff to deal with it. If they are not received well, a manager needs to handle it.

Take the dress code up a notch for lunch and dinners ( I know - 'prolly not a popular idea) The notion is that yucksters don't want to dress for dinner, so maybe they'll just stay in their room...again probably won't garner a lot of support.

I kind of take offense to this statement as well as the age limit one. I am a 36 year old guy who considers being dressed up being in dress shorts and a collared shirt. They are usually even expensive designer clothes, I just don't want to put long pants on in the tropics. My wife is a tomboy and does not even own a dress. We abide by the rules and we do not attempt to go to the restaurant at CN that forbids shorts. We have been to Couples 4 times in the past 4 years, we just booked for October and we will be booking for Feb before the current promotion expires. I guess that makes us yucksters with some cash to spend :-) THAT BEING SAID....The two encounters that we have had with drunken obnoxious guests have both been female and both been late 40's to early 50's in age and both were wearing nice dresses at the time. Heck one was even wearing a cocktail dress when she tried to pick a drunken fight with 3 different women AFTER she had tried to do a bi-sexual hookup and stripped for them. Idiots come in all ages, shapes, sizes and colors and they come from all social classes. This is just a fact of life and free flowing alcohol really makes these few idiots stand out. Please don't suggest that requiring me to wear slacks or a jacket to dinner or making my wife buy dresses is going to make the few idiots who happen to be there go away because I assure you it will not. If you met us at Couples, I assure you that you would not think of us as "Yucksters"

Default reply from Pierre Battaglia General Manager Couples Sans Souci

Quote Originally Posted by Artie View Post
    I am writing this hoping that the "guests" that took over the hot tub above the Mineral Pool on a rainy day during the first week of March are members of this board and read this.
    Your drunken, screaming behavior in the Hot Tub was not appreciated! This is the "Spa Section" of the resort, and the tranquility should be adhered to. I pity anyone who had paid for a massage and had to listen to your group during the treatment!
    My wife and I were sitting on our Balcony in G Block when you decided to stagger up to the Spa Hot Tub after completing your drunken Pool Volley-ball game.
    After listening to you yell, curse, and disrupt everyone within ear-shot of you, I called the front desk and complained. When the poor staff member assigned to trying to quiet you down talked with you, what was your response… “Do you know who we are??? We’re F’n.... repeaters you know….”
    Hopefully, when you have returned home and sobered up, you will read this.
    Thanks for ruining a perfectly peaceful afternoon.

The management and staff at Couples Sans Souci always make an effort to provide an atmosphere conducive to romance and relaxation. From time to time the occasional guest might indulge in a bit more at one of our bars than they are accustomed to. Because this sort of behaviour is the exception rather than the rule, we do try to give our guests the benefit of the doubt unless this sort of behaviour appears to be habitual. We do hope that the interruption in the resort’s tranquillity did not overly impact your holiday.
    We do apologise for this inconvenient.

Pierre Battaglia
    CSS GM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast