Default Questions about shoes...

Ok, I know flip-flops are not allowed at Lemongrass or Feathers... but what about "dressier" sandals that are flip flip style? I have some that I usually wear that are embellished with jewels, but I wasn't sure if they would be allowed at those 2 restaurants.

Any insight would be apprecited! Thanks!

Dressier sandals are fine. Just not "beach/pool" flip-flops. I am an admitted shoe fiend...I pack 2 pair of beach flip/flops, casual sandals and dressy sandals...that's ALL. If you're phobic about bare feet in the airport, pack something you can wear socks with also, but throw sandals in your carry-on..it's a long shuttle ride to the resort and you want to be cool and comfy!

Yes, those are just fine, and what I always wear. I do not do heels so I always bring a couple pairs of those nice flip flop style sandals and wear each evening. Have a terrific time!

From the CSA Restaurant section:

Lemon Grass: Dress: Resort Elegant (no jacket required) - I think "resort elegant" means closed shoes, no sandals.

Feathers: Dress: Elegant casual. Shirts, slacks and closed-toe shoes or dress sandals for the gentlemen and summer dresses for the ladies. No flip flops, T-shirts, shorts, jeans, sneakers, or hats are allowed. Jacket is optional. - So "elegent casual" seems to permit dress sandals.

Suggestion: Crocs make some rather comfortable, casual, closed-toe shoes that look tropical.

That's what I wear, no problem

The no sandals rule, like the collared shirt and slacks rule, applied to the men and not the women. Your fancier sandals will be fine. In fact, Couples just updated their Feathers dress code to include dress sandals for men. Dress: Elegant casual. Shirts, slacks and closed-toe shoes or dress sandals for the gentlemen and summer dresses for the ladies. No flip flops, T-shirts, shorts, jeans, sneakers, or hats are allowed. Jacket is optional.

I think flip flops are flip flops, jewels or not.

Since you're asking about shoes I'll piggy back a question Women, do you usually wear flats or will women also be wearing heels or wedges?

Thanks!

No worries, that's all I take on vacation with me and have never had an issue. As long as they are dressy and not like Old Navy flip-flops, you'll be fine. Enjoy!

I will wear dressy flip flops some nights, but for Casanova at CSS or a similar restaurant at another resort I'll wear heels. I love having the opportunity to get dressed up a night or two!
    Susan & Chris
    CTI 2003, 2004
    CSS 2008, 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by rckbert View Post
    In fact, Couples just updated their Feathers dress code to include dress sandals for men. Dress: Elegant casual. Shirts, slacks and closed-toe shoes or dress sandals for the gentlemen and summer dresses for the ladies. No flip flops, T-shirts, shorts, jeans, sneakers, or hats are allowed. Jacket is optional.
    Can the approval of "dress sleeveless shirts" be far behind?

Just stirring the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by D&A913 View Post
    Since you're asking about shoes I'll piggy back a question Women, do you usually wear flats or will women also be wearing heels or wedges?

Thanks!
    I would not be caught dead in flats. I always wear high heels, very rarely a wedge.

Wedges at night so they still look dressy but your not killing yourself going up or down stairs ( CSS) or in the dark walking back to your room.

Flats only for me.... I'd tower over my hubby if I wore heels, plus I'm so klutzy, I'd fall and hurt myself

I always wear flat dressy sandals. I don't wear high heels as a norm anytime. I'm rather tall already for a woman and I seem to tower over everyone if I'm in heels. Thankfully, I can wear heels around my hubby since he is tall for a man also. We end up being the same height. I think either/or is fine. I'm bringing one pair of dressy sandals for the dinner at night. 2 pairs of flip flops for the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by usmc7236 View Post
    Can the approval of "dress sleeveless shirts" be far behind?

Just stirring the pot.
    I agree that it is a shame they are always trying to appease those who only dress down for a dinner at a nice restaurant. My earlier trips to Couples included required jackets for men! This is a top rated resort and not a hut on a beach. I have to guess the constant challenging of the dress code rules by those lacking in respect for the resort rules, other guests, and yes, themselves, wears down the staff and management. They do still state no t-shirts so let's hope this is the end of it. Show at least a little class people!

i packed heels last summer when we went to CTI for the "fancy" restaurants. totally regretted it. i think i even went and changed into flats one night after dinner. You will go eat at those places that have a dress code, sure, but afterwards you end up walking on the beach or going to the show or the bar..whatever. you dont want to be in heels. Also-(ladies will know what i mean when i say this) i felt almost awkward in heels. like i was over dressed. these resorts are so much more casual than that.

there IS a difference between flip flops and sandals. most women understand this. dont wear flip flops to the nicer places and youre good to go lol

its so easy to panic over packing. heres how i see it now after going through the "what do i pack?! panic mode" once: women attire is so much easier than it sounds. we are there 6 nights. i pack a dress for each night. 2 dressy (think little black dress) and 4 casual, all of which are cool flow-y sundresses and maxi dresses. Maximum 4 pairs of dressy, COMFORTABLE sandals. If i could pack 2 pairs to match all my dresses i would. but that seems impossible.

you are going to spend most of your time in your swimsuit during the day. seriously..more time than you would think. dont pack a ton of outfits. you wont need'em! couple shorts/tshirts, and a couple beach coverups and flippy floppies. and boom. packing complete. If you want to go to Dunns River Falls, pack water shoes or the light weight running shoes (we wore our Reebok RealFlex's and they were perfect) You can rent water shoes on the way there, but um....gross.

I was nervous about what to pack as well (especially when it came to shoes) but realized when i got there that the vibe is very relaxed. just dress for comfort. you arent going to "the club/bar". you're on your vacation! relax