Default CN - Catamaran Cruise?

We are headed to CN this coming Sunday and staying a week. I've seen several posts about the cruises, but I can't find one that specifically mentions CN. Do they have one? If so, how do we make reservations to get on it? And what day(s) is it?

Thanks for the info!!!

Toi

CN's Cat Cruise is Mon, Tues, Thurs, & Sat. You sign up at the Watersports Hut on the north end of the beach. Sign up as soon as you can. Depending on how full the resort is, you may need to sign up days in advance. This is one of the best inclusions by far. It's a couple hours long, goes down to the West End Cliffs in Negril, and includes beer, rum punch, and an awesome sunset!

Hey Toi, the catamaran cruises were on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. You sign up at the watersports area. We went on our 1st trip in 2011 and it rained like crazy most of the way to the cliffs. After getting to the cliffs, we swam for a while and then had a great cruise back to the resort. We signed up but cancelled in 2012 because it looked like another rain was coming and we did not want to cruise in the rainstorm again.

I hope ya'll have a great trip and please put an update on the board when you get back. It is good to hear from someone that you have talked to personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Toi/Robert View Post
    We are headed to CN this coming Sunday and staying a week. I've seen several posts about the cruises, but I can't find one that specifically mentions CN. Do they have one? If so, how do we make reservations to get on it? And what day(s) is it?

Thanks for the info!!!

Toi
    Hi Toi/Robert,
    yes CN does have the catamaran cruise, no worries. If it is still the same you go to the sports hut on the beach to reserve that cat cruise. A definite must, it is a great time!
    Not sure which days they are holding it now, but normally there is only one max 2 days where it will not run during the week so you should have no problems.
    Have a great vacation! I love CN!

When you get to the resort you will get a schedule of things and when they happen, you just go to watersports and sign up for whatever you want to do that involves the water. The cat cruise aka booze cruise is done I think 3 or 4 times a week. Ohh and make sure you do the resort tour, and enjoy a Bob Marley as soon as you get a chance.

CN definitely has a cat cruise .... I can't go because I get terribly seasick (found that out the hard way) but think it goes pretty much every other day & know that others will be posting the days for you .... I do know it books up fast so if you want to go a specific day, book it the first day or so after you arrive. Just go to the guest relations desk in the lobby (or call from your room).
    Julie

Hi Toi,

Here's a link that indicates the catamaran cruise at CN: Negril Jamaica All Inclusive Resorts | Couples Negril Inclusions. It used to be listed on the activity schedule as being at 4PM on Monday, Thursday and Saturday. Unless it's changed, you can make reservations at the tours/excursions desk, in the lobby across from the check-in desk, once you arrive.

Have Fun!!!

Bart & Bug

CN does have a catamaran 4 nights a week. You can reserve your spot right after checking in. Be sure to catch it.

JD

Hi Toi! I think if you go to the CN page and click on inclusions the Catamaran Cruise is on the list. I wasn't able to find the days and times for the cruise. I think you sign up for it when you arrive at the resort! We're going to CSS this July, but are booked for a split stay at CN and CSS in 2014! So excited!

Thanks so much for your help everyone! Last year, we didn't remember to do it. We loved just laying on the beach all day. Only 4 more days before we are there! Thanks again!

For those doing the cat cruise, remember one thing . . . if you plan to jump off the cliffs do NOT drink heavily on the way. They told us that, once you climb up to the cliffs, the only way to get down is to jump. It's about a 30' drop and, if you're drunk, you may seriously injure yourself.

If you want to drink on the way out, don't go off the cliffs. You can still go off the cat slide, swim in the water, just sun on the cat, etc. If you want to jump/dive off the cliffs, save your heavy drinking for the ride home. There's plenty of rum punch left!

IOW, don't drink and dive.

Toi, also the cat crew are NOT couples employees so you can tip them a few dollars. They have a tip jar on the bar. Have a great trip!

So, it sounds like on the days it leaves CN, it is around 4pm. What time does it return?

Barb111, it leaves around 3:30 and returns about 6ish, just before sunset
    Last edited by softail19; March 9th, 2014 at 08:19 PM.

I am curious - I know that the Cat cruise is not staffed by Couples employees, and tips are allowed/appreciated. Who actually pays for the trip and the booze etc....? I think knowing if the entire trip was covered by gratuities, it would definitely affect the size of the tips. However, I have a hard time seeing how tips alone could cover all the expenses related to this excursion.
    Doug & Rebecca
    Mankato, Minnesota

You can contact me through my website : RaynbowsRagdoll

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxernie View Post
    CN definitely has a cat cruise .... I can't go because I get terribly seasick (found that out the hard way) but think it goes pretty much every other day & know that others will be posting the days for you .... I do know it books up fast so if you want to go a specific day, book it the first day or so after you arrive. Just go to the guest relations desk in the lobby (or call from your room).
    Just like Maxernie, I also get seasick When we went on the cat at CTI I was sooo queeezy I had to lay on the bench seat down below in the cat's cabin. I REALLY want to try CN's cat cruise. It looks like so much fun with the slide and all. This time I plan to take Dramamine and wear "Sea Bands" on my wrists! If for some frustrating reason these things don't do the trick for me, does CN's cat cruise boat have a cabin below that I can pass-out in??
    Thank you

Quote: For those doing the cat cruise, remember one thing . . . if you plan to jump off the cliffs do NOT drink heavily on the way. They told us that, once you climb up to the cliffs, the only way to get down is to jump. It's about a 30' drop and, if you're drunk, you may seriously injure yourself.

Quote: I am curious - I know that the Cat cruise is not staffed by Couples employees, and tips are allowed/appreciated. Who actually pays for the trip and the booze etc....? I think knowing if the entire trip was covered by gratuities, it would definitely affect the size of the tips. However, I have a hard time seeing how tips alone could cover all the expenses related to this excursion.Name:  Couples Negril 2006 060.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  290.6 KB

I don't think they let you climb the cliffs anymore to jump off. When we were at CN in 2011 they had that area fenced off to prevent people from climbing up. Maybe that's changed but I doubt it. In 2004 we saw a girl get seriously hurt landing flat on her back. I think there were too many people getting hurt and that's when they ended it...at least that's what we were told.
    I think there are still places you can jump (Ricks?) but not on the Couples cruise.

As far as the cruise staff, I am pretty sure they are paid a fee from Couples but do gladly accept tips and they are well worth it. I posted a picture where you can kinda see the tip jar on the bar, along with CD's for sale.

The cruise is not to be missed and one of the highlights of the trip for us when we go to CN. We usually try to make two of them in the week we are there.
    We love CSS and are heading there in 4 weeks and, unfortunately...there is no cruise at CSS. But we love that place!