Default Anyone make the switch?

I"m having a dilemma. I've been curious about Barbados for a few years now and when I saw Couples was going there I was thrilled! Was hoping to be able to take advantage of the free airfare deal and go this summer, but.. alas.. thats not in the cards. We're already book for our yearly December trip to CSA but I"m considering canceling and booking Couples Barbados for this December and CSA for 2014. I"m torn... Anyone else considering making the switch to Barbados? I"m afraid I"m going to be missing CSA the whole time I"m there, but on the other hand I really want to experience Barbados. Ahh.. decisions..decsions.. But then, I guess trying to decide between Jamaica and Barbados is a good problem to have.

From what I understand the flight prices are pretty high. I personally dont care for waves and from what I see and hear it is fairly wavy there. I agree with you,I don't want to go to Barbados and miss CSA the whole time. That is why we keep going back knowing how other places we have been to were, and how much better CSA is. I'm sure I would regret it.

I'm thinking about Spring of 2014 for Barbados. But we haven't decided yet. We are set for this year (CSS in 2 days and CN during Thanksgiving week). We know we are going back to CSA in Oct 2014 as it will be our 10 year anny and we got married there. Just need to figure out where to go in March/April 2014. Hence why we are thinking of Barbados. Will miss out on the current specials as we want to wait to book until this summer or so.

I decided I couldn't decide so I booked CB for July 2013 & CSA for my birthday trip in December 2013

CTI 2011
    CSS/CTI 2012
    CB 2013
    CSA 2013

We went to Barbados years ago and really liked the island and the people. BUT, there was no couples only resort at that time so we have continued to talk about it but had never returned. When the pricing came in we jumped at the chance to go back. I found a great flight from JFK, direct and we will be heading there in October. With the airfare credit it was a great deal. I just knew if we were going to do Barbados it would have to be when they first opened. Barbados is normally pricey. So this year we gave up our 2 week US road trip and we will be heading to CB instead. I am excited to go back and see the island again. But, I will still be back in Jamaica for my birthday in January. Excited about both trips. LOL..

Carol and Dave....

We, and friends, are booked for 2 weeks in Dec. for Couples Barbados and can't wait. We have done Couples Sans Souci and Couples Negril - loving both - but we couldn't pass up the great deal to Barbados. We haven't been able to travel to Barbados since my husband and my first trip together back in 1989 because it is always sooooo expensive. It is a beautiful island. I remember the water being the prettiest colour I have ever seen. Barbaods? Couples Barbados? Well, I know it will be classy - you can't beat Couples for their service, food and drinks. Our flights from Ottawa to Barbados are pretty good, too, so we are fortunate. Personally, I think people should give it a try - especially when you have the opportunity of such great rates.

Well..I made the switch! Changed our December trip from CSA to CB! But at the same time booked CSA for October 2014. The $1000 airfare credit extended to December made it too good to pass up. And like cawags.. figured if we didn't go now we never would..also flying out of JFK on a direct (low cost) flight! So excited!

We just booked CB in time to take advantage of the 7th night free/ 300 resort credit offer. We're not going until November 2014, so are unable to book flights yet.
    We are ready to explore another island! 568 days on the countdown clock.........
    Jan and Mark
    CN 2009
    CSA 2011
    CSA 2013
    CSS 2014

We really wanted to go to Couples Barbados but the flight from the midwest requires a stay in Miami before and after the trip. Too cumbersome. It seems the flights to JA are not as good as they used to be either.

Yes, we have made the jump. Just booked CB for December 2013. Figure we have to give it a try with the great pricing being offered and it is Couples. I am sure a great vacation will be had by all.
    12/2010 CN
    04/2011 CSA
    02/2012 CSA
    12/2013 CB
    12/2014 CSA

Quote Originally Posted by ORV View Post
    We really wanted to go to Couples Barbados but the flight from the midwest requires a stay in Miami before and after the trip. Too cumbersome. It seems the flights to JA are not as good as they used to be either.
    ORV,

Try looking at dates considered the "off season" maybe? We're flying out of Austin in September and most flight options required the overnight stay in Miami as well, but I found flights that month where we can get there in 12 hours; Austin to Dallas, Dallas to Miami, and Miami into Barbados, with no overnight stay. It was tough, and I could only find it around weekend dates during hurricane season. Sounds like hurricane season isn't an issue going so far south, as long as one doesn't hit Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by Texaseyes7 View Post
    ORV,

Try looking at dates considered the "off season" maybe? We're flying out of Austin in September and most flight options required the overnight stay in Miami as well, but I found flights that month where we can get there in 12 hours; Austin to Dallas, Dallas to Miami, and Miami into Barbados, with no overnight stay. It was tough, and I could only find it around weekend dates during hurricane season. Sounds like hurricane season isn't an issue going so far south, as long as one doesn't hit Miami.
    Thanks for the info. I did have an option of one flight that would get us there around 9:30 in the evening. By the time you do customs and retrieve luggage and get to the resort it will be around 11. If you do the math it's ridiculous to pay 400-600 for a day when you will only be getting there in time to sleep. We would be much better off spending $150 for a hotel in Miami and taking an early flight out and getting to Barbados around 12-2. But then that gets you back to adding another day to vacation time. As I mentioned it's cumbersome. Looks like it'll be CSA again for us, which is more than ok.