Default what is the best atrium location at CSA?

2nd year to csa. we stayed in GVS last year, last building closest to patois, and liked it. trying atrium this year, headed march 30 - april 12. a little nervous about the no TV (as it is part of my sleep regimen, and NCAA basketball), and no glass on windows. will it be quiet enough? cold enough?

Thanks for any and all thoughts!

We stay in an Atrium and love it...we like to watch TV at home, but don't miss it a bit while we are there..besides, it's nice to unplug for a week or so.

Quiet is a relative term. It won't be completely silent due to the tree frogs, but I enjoy that noise...Noise wasn't an issue for me.

If you are too warm, close the wooden louvres and turn on the AC, it will get very chilly if you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by BayLaker View Post
    2nd year to csa. we stayed in GVS last year, last building closest to patois, and liked it. trying atrium this year, headed march 30 - april 12. a little nervous about the no TV (as it is part of my sleep regimen, and NCAA basketball), and no glass on windows. will it be quiet enough? cold enough?

Thanks for any and all thoughts!
    The T.V. thing can't help you with. I can't stand a tv on vacation. (Just my opinion). There are louvers that cover the windows and work as well or better than glass. Cool air is no problem. We have stayed in most of the atrium rooms and unless you are right next to the Palms where all the entertainment is, it is relatively quiet. Other than the tree frogs which you hear throughout the resort.

We are staying in an atrium room for the first time this trip. We previously stayed in BFVS but after meeting new friends at CSA who swear by the atrium room and viewing it we were sold on it. No TV may only be an issue for the NCAA as we are both fans of b-ball but can always go over to the fitness center to catch a little as the center is the best we have ever seen.

Last year my son and his fiance stayed in Room #2227 in Building 27 Atrium Suites. It was an upstairs room near the center of the resort and had a partial view of the water. He loved it. Very quiet area near the wedding gazebo and koi pond.

Sometimes the tree frogs and the early rising birds, especially the birds, can be a bit loud. Bring some of the soft ear plugs. If you need them, you got them. If one of those birds lands in a tree next to your room, you might as well just get up!

Thanks all for your replies! I am seeking more specific information on buiding number/room numbers. From the map it appears that buildings, 16,17,18,19,25,26,27 are all centrally located? We're interested in a 2nd floor room for the privacy. Has anyone stayed in any of these buildings? Do any have partial sea views? Are any better than the others? I see that 40 & 41 both have beachfront and atriums rooms in same building. Do the atriums face the garden as opposed to the sea in these 2? Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! We'll be there 2 weeks from today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are no good Atrium Suites... they're aweful... stay away from them! We HATE that hammock! We despise that verandah! There are lots of rooms and categories at SweptAway and they are ALL lovely!

Enjoy...
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

The 2nd floor Atrium rooms are great with vaulted ceilings. Just as an FYI, though, the bathroom walls do not go all the way up to the ceiling in these 2nd floor rooms. There was a thread a while back (maybe on TripAdvisor), where the poster had a real problem with this....

Chris - I know there is one Atrium Suite that you find especially awful..... still won't give it up?
    Jan and Mark
    CN 2009
    CSA 2011
    CSA 2013
    CSS 2014

Just remember they do not accept room requests so please don't go in expecting a specific room because you might be greatly disappointed. There are no bad rooms at CSA!!!! Enjoy!!

I think we were in 26 or 24, can't remember. 2 floor and absolutely had a partial ocean view. It was perfect.

I wouldn't ask for the Atriums that are in the the same building as the beachfront; they are not real Atriums. NO Hammock and a very small verandah. But then again you would be very close to beach..... There are pluses and minuses for every room pick the room category and leave the rest up to fate.

We've stayed in many atrium suites... All awesome. Noisier by the three story buildings with tv's as wedding parties often end up there. As was said above, though, NO room requests by room number are honored so don't worry about room numbers. The tree frogs are great to fall asleep to. If you want to watch games, go over to the sorts complex.