Default up grades for mini bar

Have see of a few post that you can make up grade for a prices to your mini bar at CSS, was wondering if this is at CSA yet? It wasn't in 8/2012.

And if your doing a spilt stay (CSS / CSA ) can you bring your upgraded mini bar puchases with you to next resort if you don't use it all?

I am not sure what you are referring to as an upgraded mini bar? Each room has a mini bar that can be stocked as follows according to the site: A mini-bar stocked on arrival with two each of Pepsi and Diet Pepsi; Ting; Ginger ale; Beer; Guests can order House Gin, Vodka, Whisky, Rum; Juices: Orange, Pineapple, Tomato, Cranberry as well as Sprite or Seven Up, Tonic water, Soda Water, Sparkling wine, red and white wine. If you are looking for premium liquors (the only name brand is Appleton Special which works fine in a mixed drink) in your room there may be a charge per bottle but I am not sure as how much. After a whole day and evening of drinking whatever I want at the bars I can enjoy what they offer in the room. Some rum with a dash of orange juice, pinapple juice, cranberry juice, and Ting in a glass and you have instant rum punch! I can taste it now...irie!

I was referring to a few post that I have read about CSS having premium liquors and beer available to buy, like rum cream for $13. They have not had this on our trips to CSA ( they have Coke now) and this is our first trip to CSS where after we will be transfering to CSA.

Was just wondering if once you bought the premium liquors for your mini bar are they yours to take with you or are they like the other bottles of liquors that we would never think of taking with us. No worries if we cannot take it wih us was just wondering, Love the Appleton rum in the room there has never been a charge no matter how many bottles you use ; )

rckbert, I'm with you, never heard of upgrades, all I ordered was a bottle of Appletons. We would go beach, pool bar, room for a nap or other (it was our honeymoon), shower, make an Appleton and Ting to take to the beach for sunset, then out to dinner.....The last day I finished that bottle of APpleton, that was all I needed.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleO View Post
    rckbert, I'm with you, never heard of upgrades, all I ordered was a bottle of Appletons. We would go beach, pool bar, room for a nap or other (it was our honeymoon), shower, make an Appleton and Ting to take to the beach for sunset, then out to dinner.....The last day I finished that bottle of APpleton, that was all I needed.
    It's great to see a man accomplish his goal!

The last post I read about it was called: " liquor in room" usmc7236 even posted a price list. Maybe its a new thing to CSS. I know it wasn't at CSA in August but little things change, like durning our last trip to CSA the last few days our mini bar was stocked with Coke.

Was just wondering really because we are only going to be staying at CSS for 4 night and don't think we would finish a bottle and some of the prices usmc7236 listed are over $60. Guess we will see when we get there in 78 days, Jamaica soon come.

Quote Originally Posted by redinthehead View Post
    The last post I read about it was called: " liquor in room" usmc7236 even posted a price list. Maybe its a new thing to CSS. I know it wasn't at CSA in August but little things change, like durning our last trip to CSA the last few days our mini bar was stocked with Coke.

Was just wondering really because we are only going to be staying at CSS for 4 night and don't think we would finish a bottle and some of the prices usmc7236 listed are over $60. Guess we will see when we get there in 78 days, Jamaica soon come.
    Don't overthink this! There are several bars and restaurants at CSA where you can get your top shelf liquor you enjoy poured for you and served the way you want well into the night. Our favorite is the martini bar above the Palms Restaurant. You will find that the liquors and mixers available in your room for the few drinks you pour yourself there will be fine. Being you are in the Caribbean you should try the drink made popular there...RUM!

Got my answer from usmc7236, yes you can take it with you. Very familiar with the bars of CSA, this wont be our first trip to CSA and God willing wont be our last.