Default SSB Comfortable / priviate or not???

Opening SSB to all at 5:00 PM is a bit intrusive to many of the guests that chose CSS for its' AN assets. Perhaps a compromise would be to designate SSB, AN into the evening hours, but allow others to enjoy the sunset on 3 - 4 specific evenings and not have it be a intrusion every single day. CSS needs to meet the needs of all paying guests.

Last time we were guests at CSS, we were shooed off the beach a few times mid-day because of several weddings and a corporate event. Seems a bit like double dipping into two markets using the same facility.

In all out visits, the hot tub never seems to get any use. Their bargain size is not very inviting, plus hot tubs are most enjoyable as the sun goes down to thwart off the cooler evening air and that's the exact time SSB is open to all. We have been to several other resorts, where after 5:00 PM, guests graviatate to the hot tub for some friendly conversation and camaraderie. We hope management gives a little more thought to making a pretty nice resort a bit better for all of their guests.

We have been in the hottub on SSB many times after 5pm and not one person walking over to see the sunset walked up to the pool or hottub. They come over to watch the sunset and leave. I don't think you have to get dressed at 5pm, but jumping on the pool or hottub helps when you are not ready to leave.
    Also, bargain size is fun when there are 12 people in it!

Veterans of SSB correct me if I am wrong, but I thought even though SSB is open to textile patrons after 5pm it doesn't mean people who have enjoyed the day AN have to cover up or leave. If those coming over to enjoy the sunset don't want to see the "moons" as well, then that's their problem.
    CSS 5/21-5/31/13

That is correct VA COUPLE you do NOT have to cover up just because it's 5pm... those coming over to view the sunset are aware it is the AN beach area and come knowing that. It's actually not a problem like it sounds... most AN move on up to the pool/bar area and the clothed come in and go to the beach to watch the sunset, then leave. In our experience, some AN stay on their loungers AN while the clothed come over and the clothed just don't gawk, they are just coming over to view the sunset. It's really not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesue View Post
    Haha! I can just imagine!
    CSS 5/21-5/31/13

Quote Originally Posted by mikesue View Post
    We have been in the hottub on SSB many times after 5pm and not one person walking over to see the sunset walked up to the pool or hottub. They come over to watch the sunset and leave. I don't think you have to get dressed at 5pm, but jumping on the pool or hottub helps when you are not ready to leave.
    I guess you are correct on not having to leave at 5, but 12 in a that hot tub gives a new meaning to "dancing cheek to cheek". Only joking, just that I find the larger/nicer hot tubs at many other resorts so much more inviting. Only an opinion.

You are correct there is no mandate to leave, but we find just about everyone packs up and leaves at 5 pm. On a few occasions guys will belly up to the bar to see what SSB pool is all about. No big deal - just an observation/comment. Appreciate your thoughts.

Hi VaCouple, I don't know if we're considered veterans yet, we have trip #7 booked for July 2013, but I believe that your view is the correct one. At 5pm, I have been naked and seen clothed folk come over for the sunset, and no one was asked to dress. I have seen the 5pm or 6pm Sunset Hour, depending on the time of year, as an "Alert" to the AN folks that if they are sensitive, at 5pm or 6pm they need to dress because textile folks will be on the beach too. I never saw it as a mandate that I had to dress. I have to admit that I have stayed at the bar AN and talked to one of our favorite bartenders while they made a drink for a textile person. The look on their face was priceless! No worries mon!

Quote Originally Posted by suzyQ View Post
    Hi VaCouple, I don't know if we're considered veterans yet, we have trip #7 booked for July 2013....!
    I would say that does make you a veteran! We will be making our first trip to Couples in 65 days, but we've read up heavily on the message boards! Can't wait! Being that it'll be our first trip to CSS, first trip to a resort with an AN beach (but we have visited a nudist resort before...does that count?), not sure if we will be brave enough (or brazen enough) to stay nude when the textiles come wandering over.
    CSS 5/21-5/31/13

I agree that the hot tub should not be backyard style!

While it is fun when you see how many people you can stuff in it, it would be nicer if it was a much larger "in the ground" type. It isn't flattering when you have to swing your leg over the side (guy or girl) to get in or out. I remember when the resort was GLSS. The hot tub was "in the ground", but only a 2 person. To CSS's credit, it is better than the one it replaced.
    If they can take the hot tub by the main pool and duplicate it on SSB, that would be nice!

Have they done anything about that river that comes accross the beach? When we were there in 2010, there were some little kids that walked out on that stretch of sand to look at all of us. Their older sister came out, grabbed each of them by the ear, and dragged them away. I thought it was all pretty funny, but it does encroach upon our privacy.

How about the tour boat from sandals that parks off the beach and gawks?

The Sandals tour boat is just people who wish they could do what we do. Although the first time we were at SSB -December of 2006 - about the 3rd day, my husband stood on the stump, turned around, and mooned the boat as they sat out there. They did not come back for a few days. We all just laughed.
    Linda

LOL.... It was my 1st time AN and I just turned over and gave them the moon as well.

I was too busy having a good time to care about any "gawkers" Matter of fact I can't wait until July so I can not care some more!
    CSS October 2012, CSS July 2013

I always made a point of going out and waving at the Sandal's boat.... I just can't figure out why a competing resort would show their own customers another resort... makes no sense to me. Are they trying to convert their own customers into Couples customers?????