Default CN vs CSA questions

Hello all! Think we've decided on either CN or CSA for our trip this year. Now just need to choose! Would love some help deciding...which resort has the best beach for relaxing? Clearest and warmest water to float in all day? Which has the best food? Which is quieter and less of a party resort? (I don't want to feel like I'm at spring break yet don't want to feel like were youngest ones there). We've been to Secrets Capri the last 3 years in a row and love it (it got a little too party like at times for me this past trip) but want to try Jamaica and something new. My idea of a vacation this year is some major R and R! Reading a book on the beach/in a hammock, tanning my pale self, and enjoying fabulous cuisine. I've talked to some people and have some info but it can't hurt for some more opinions! My hubby and I are in our early 30s in case that helps! Thanks again!

PS - love that there are message boards for this resort chain!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Patterson Koch View Post
    Hello all! Think we've decided on either CN or CSA for our trip this year. Now just need to choose! Would love some help deciding...which resort has the best beach for relaxing? Clearest and warmest water to float in all day? Which has the best food? Which is quieter and less of a party resort? (I don't want to feel like I'm at spring break yet don't want to feel like were youngest ones there). We've been to Secrets Capri the last 3 years in a row and love it (it got a little too party like at times for me this past trip) but want to try Jamaica and something new. My idea of a vacation this year is some major R and R! Reading a book on the beach/in a hammock, tanning my pale self, and enjoying fabulous cuisine. I've talked to some people and have some info but it can't hurt for some more opinions! My hubby and I are in our early 30s in case that helps! Thanks again!

PS - love that there are message boards for this resort chain!!
    I'm sure you'll receive many responses, some favoring CSA and others favoring CN.

Both resorts have a wonderful beach in front of them. CSA is on the main Long Bay section of Seven Mile Beach where there are many other hotels and bars on the water. Very fun if you want to take a walk and soak in that Negril vibe. CN is on Bloody Bay, which is the smaller, more private section of the beach. If you want more seclusion, CN might be a better option. CN also has an Au-Natural section (if you're into that), CSA does not.

The water in front of both is very clear and beautiful...no difference there.

The rooms at CSA are more villa-style and private (check out the Atrium Suites). While CN has a more hotel feel to it.

CN has a much nicer pool and swim-up bar. CN, itself, is a smaller, more intimate resort centered around the pool. CSA is more spreadout and is more about the beach, but also has a swim-up bar...

CSA also has a fantastic fitness center and lap pool. If exercise if you thing, CSA has it all.

Neither one of these resorts will have that Spring Break vibe...although CSA does have a night club that can be alot of fun. Both of a piano bar and nightly entertainment.

Food is good at both, although CSA does have more dining options.

No matter which resort you choose, you've made a good choice. Only 267 days until we return to CSA.

Jennifer, trip #5 to csa in 30 sleeps whooo hoo!! If you would like soome video and pics, email me at clemons371@gmail.com

You'll get passionate answers from both sides. Both are great. Here is a comparision post I wrote a couple years ago. I found the beach at CN to be much more serene, more room to spread out, less vendor traffic and the traffic was farther away as well. We recently went to CSS and will probably return there on our next trip, but I still dream about the beach at CN. Sigh.

http://couples.com/mb/couples-main-m...arisons-14679/

From what you say CSA sounds perfect for you. It is so chill and the beach is endless and beautiful. I tell people that at CSA you feel like you are in a small Caribbean village. Lots of wood and white linens in the rooms and the ground are very plush with vegetation. The lighted paths at night are so romantic and there are lots of food and bar choices. I have not been to CN and I know that's a great resort too, but just from what you say you are looking for it sounds like CSA has it all. It's our favorite and we go back for our 3rd time this October. Good luck deciding. CSA ROCKS!!!!

We stayed at CN and did the trading places for a day to CSA. If you want the more tranquil beach you want CN. Fewer venders, and the venders are less aggressive. For example, one vendor at CSA had a megaphone another had a horse, which we never saw (heard) at CN. Also, CN's beach seems a little deeper due to the seagrape trees, so it is easier to sit back from the waterline where the vendors are.

I've been to both, and personally favor CSA, but really, based on your criterion you could almost flip a coin. Heads you win, tails you win. My impression is that the guests at CSA might on average be a little older and a little more settled, but this does NOT mean that CN has a "spring break party atmosphere". The difference could be as simple as the fact that the CN swim-up bar is a bigger focal point than CSA's. There's something really festive about a hopping pool bar.

Ok, time for a chuckle here. I love reading all the different responses and love different views. But what I love the most is how passionate people are about their resort of choice, so much so that response are tailored to the OP's wants.

For the record, I would recommend CN,. based on your desires for "chill, r & r" and the quieter of the two.

Depending on where you are looking, such as TA you will find that most people think that CSA is more lively and that the crowd is younger.

We have only done a trading spaces with CSA, we liked what we saw and have decided that is where we are going this year. But I did think that the crowd was a little younger then we saw at CN. And the over all activity seemed to be a little higher. But as I said we liked enough to plan on staying there this year.
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you will be a mile away and they will be barefoot!

We are about to return to CN for the 7th time and have done the trading places at CSA. We feel that CN does have a more "social" vibe than CSA-but maybe that's because we haven't spent enough time at CSA to get to know people. They are both beautiful!

I think the OP is looking for opinions that cater to what they are looking for, thus the response should address those needs. I love it when I can recommend my resort of choice when it seems to specifically fit the needs of someone asking. CSA is the best for us and it looks like what the OP's are trying to find in a resort. It's great to give accurate and helpful advice. Good luck deciding. I'm sure you won't be disappointed in either choice.

Thank you all for your replies. We booked CSA on Monday just in time for 7th night free promo! booked the Atrium room (I love Hammocks and its calling my name!) we will be there 10/6-10/13.